Longford Football (& Hurling) Thread

Started by North Longford, November 17, 2006, 09:47:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billys Boots

My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

LaurelEye

Quote from: Billys Boots on November 10, 2008, 12:31:36 PM
No report yet on Crayonland.  ::)

There's a photygraph and a few lines on the sidebar. What more would yis want? ;)

Northern Gaels got a bye yesterday in the minor. Not sure when the semi-final will be played, but apparently all the matches are down in Carlow.
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

Billys Boots

Confirmed for Pearse Park on Sunday at 14:00 apparently.

LaurelEye

Quote from: Billys Boots on November 11, 2008, 09:25:30 AM
Confirmed for Pearse Park on Sunday at 14:00 apparently.

So you know which way to vote now ;)
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

Billys Boots

Shamrock Shore

We could have laid on a fine spread in Crippen Park for the Aughnacliffe boys - we have a new scoreboard now you know - sponsored by Smiths' Garage. I think it will forthwith be known as the Sheeming Smith Scoreboard in honour of the late Seamus who did trojan work for the club as player and youth development.

Bestest wishes on Sunday - do ye think Luke will be there casting an eye over the Carla contingent???????

Billys Boots

Quotedo ye think Luke will be there casting an eye over the Carla contingent?

Did he get the job?

LaurelEye

Quote from: Billys Boots on November 12, 2008, 09:13:15 AM
Quotedo ye think Luke will be there casting an eye over the Carla contingent?

Did he get the job?

http://hoganstand.com/Carlow/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=103239

I don't think there was a lot of competition for it.

Shamrock Shore

QuoteI don't think there was a lot of competition for it.

Or for him  ::)

Billys Boots

Gutted on two counts - we had enough possession to win it (but evidently not enough smarts*), and secondly, how is that clown Coldrick allowed to be in charge of a whistle (I'd be surprised if he's in control of his bowels)?

* by smarts, read diving when in possession within 40 m of goal.

North Longford

Gutted too Billy. Really should have won the game irrespective of Goldrick who is a clown. Reliably informed that the Eire og player that dropped the ball on the goal line from the last free then proceeded to touch it on the ground but Goldrick just waved play on. Apparnently it was very obvious and a few supporters made their feelings known to him after the game.!! He disallowed our first point for Tommy Doyle touching the ball on the ground when it was about 6 inches off it.!
11 wides to 4 tells its own story and some of them were of the easiest variety so it wasn't for the lack of chances.
We can all hibernate now!

Billys Boots

I'll just get this off my chest, and then I'm finished.

QuoteHe disallowed our first point for Tommy Doyle touching the ball on the ground when it was about 6 inches off it.

He pulled us four times (to my recollection) for touching the ball on the floor - none of them were justified, one cost us a point.  Éire Óg did not get pulled for this once.  He gave (at least) three frees against us for foot-tackles, again one costing a point.  Éire Óg did not have a free awarded against them for a foot-tackle, though I counted two (one of which was in a scorable position for us).  Anthony Gormley was fouled while shooting - no free.  I could go on, and on, and on.  Suffice to say that I'm advised that the commentary on KCR thought that the referee had a great game.

Shamrock Shore

Hard luck lads - ye gave it a good auld lash.

Listened to a bit on the way back from Kilkenny on Carlow local radio - it was tense.

S'funny - the Carlow versions of Willie Hegarty were all praising Coldrick so he must have been biased.

The Forfeit Point

some achievement for dromards u21s today, 4 in a row never done before at the u21 grade! cian mimnagh was a different class altogether, anyone know if hes eligible for the upcoming county u21 team? fahy was terrible (no surprise there) gave anything that was going to mostrim. very disapointed with the mostrim forwards, with all their ability, they didnt seem to want to know about it

North Longford

Serious achievement by Dromard because I honestly don't believe they have that many brilliant individuals on any of the 4 teams but they always come up with a very strong team where each individual is working for the good of the team.
Wasn't impressed with them at all in the semi against our amalgamation (which wasn't particularly strong) but they worked hard enough to win the game. They come out against a stronger Mostrim side and still manage to pull it off.
Mimnagh by the way is overage for the county.