Longford Football (& Hurling) Thread

Started by North Longford, November 17, 2006, 09:47:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billys Boots

The tension is building now.   :-\

Is the replay on Sunday too?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

LaurelEye

Quote from: Billys Boots on September 26, 2007, 09:59:23 AM
The tension is building now.   :-\

Is the replay on Sunday too?

Sunday week, in a double bill with the hurling final.
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

Longfordian

Is there a hurling final ?...... thought that was up in heap !!!

Best of luck to Billy and Northlongford on Sunday .......

LaurelEye

Quote from: Longfordian on September 26, 2007, 01:41:53 PM
Is there a hurling final ?...... thought that was up in heap !!!

Slashers beat Clonguish 2-11 to 0-11 last Saturday in the refixed semi-final. Play Mostrim in the final.
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

Shamrock Shore

QuotePlay Mostrim in the final

My mobile will remain switched off until after Sunday in case i get a late call up!

Billys Boots

I'm sick with nerves.   ::)

I hear half of New York are coming back to the oul sod for the weekend - some night at the Cross tomorrow.

Shamrock Shore

Billy

Ye'll be grand - despite Rocky being the ref. No Dessie Barry to haunt ye and the fear of losing to the Swampies and being their bitch for evermore will surely spur Colmcille to their first title since 195something.

Unfortunately the Roscommon county final is on at the same time so I am sure Shiteside will be focusing on that. However I will be tuning in with the ears and using the eyes for the rugby.

Shamrock Shore

Unfortunately no fairy tale for Colmcille as they lose by a point.

Had three chances at the end for the equaliser but no joy.
Sympathies to all the Boots and North Longford clans.

Billys Boots

LaurelEye

Commiserations to Billy and North Longford :'(

Thought Dromard had that bit of determination and cuteness that Colmcille didn't have, even though their skill was better.

We had our own disappointment in the Minor final earlier where we had 70-75% of the possession and were still completely unable to convert it onto the scoreboard where it was needed.

Don't think I could handle a third dose of disappointment next Sunday :(

AZOffaly

Shite. Hard Luck Billy. I see the goalie scored a 45 as well.

Billys Boots

QuoteInteresting how they kept giving emphasis that Billy had taught both teams in the same Bunscoil together and that this was a Longford Cogadh na gCarad.

I couldn't bring myself to watch it again last night, you're going to have to explain that one to me (in words of one syllable). 

North Longford

Just said I'd log on to indicate I'm still alive. Very depressed but still alive! Haven't the will to comment on the game yet, just could never have believed no matter how hard they hit us and we  knew that they would hit hard that we could have played so poorly. I do have a question on the ref lads and to be honest I didn't notice him being overly bad during the game (possibly from being caught up in the thing) There were a few incidents that I thought were poor a couple of which seemed so obvious it wasn't funny but in general I thought he was midlin. But since the game I have had a Ballinalee man say he was a disgrace, a Drumlish man say he rode us and a Mullahoran man say if he reffed them like he reffed us he would have been bate off the pitch. I was a little surprised at this level of feeling and haven't had the will to watch the video again to onfirm or deny this. Just wondering did anyone else (and I know he has a couple of clubmate here) think similar. In fact a guy from Mayo who works with me saw the highlights and reckoned it was unreal the number of steps a Dromard player took before letting the ball in for the goal. Again I haven't even a clue who kicked the ball in, was more disappointed with how softly we conceeded the bloody thing. Just wondering if anybody else thought he was that poor.

Billys Boots

Didn't think he was particularly poor, but I thought he could have been a lot harder on them especially in relation to off-the-ball stuff.  Looks like the €500 per session 'investment' with the master of off-the-ball intimidation was worth it in the end.

I thought the fact that he only booked three of them, at the time of the penalty, all for striking offences, was a serious cop-out.

But we were poor on the day, and missed too many scorable chances, and when that happens you don't win, ever!

Shamrock Shore

As Kenagh implode with off the field rows it seems likely that Mullinyachta will slide into the title tomorrow.

Auld Shore should be on one of the gates, having missed a few due to his holiday, meaning Shamrock Shore will be back in drinking money.

Good luck to Mullinyachta

(I hope young scores aren't settled tomorrow early doors - could lead to a bloodbath. Crayonman has got a new 54.6 G card for the camera, which has been waterproofed, to capture all the, eh, action.