Longford Football (& Hurling) Thread

Started by North Longford, November 17, 2006, 09:47:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shamrock Shore

Breaking News

Longfordian has come on with Mostim 0-05 to 0-03 up.

Things about to improve.

Shamrock Shore

Final score was:

Mostrim 0-09
Ballymore 0-03

Longfordian did not appear on the scoreboard but did contribute to at least two points.

Second game result was:

Killoe 1-10
Abbeylara 0-05

Two red cards dished out in this one after a goalmouth schmozzle

Round 2 draw is

Windies v Connollys
Granard or Rathcline v Shams
Swampies or Colmcille v Slashers
Killoe v Mostrim (God halp us)

Qualifier draw:

Cashel - bye
Clonguish Third Reich v Swampies or Colmcille
Ballymore v Ardagh
Abbeylara v Granard or Rathcline

That is all

Longfordian

A wins a win .....as they say !!! ...... poor enough fare though .....02-02 at half time ...... !!!

Yeah Shamrock ....have adapted well into the role of impact sub !!! .......  :D

Their county star was well marshalled by Fintan Coyle ..... once he was kept quiet , we were happy .....

..... Paddy Smith / Fintan Coyle / and Matthew Kelly stood out for us ......

Very surprised to hear Killoe beating Abbey ...hammered them actually !! ..... not overally worried about them though.... but they'll feel the same ...... so we'll see !!!

North Longford

Couple of surprises over the weekend. Heard Killoe looked pretty good but that Abbey were terrible and had a few notable absentees.
Most of Rathcline seemed to have emigrated or retired over the past 6 momnths I believe from talking to one of their club men so they seem to be in bother.
Good win for the connolly's as well. Bit of a surprise there.
Well done to Mostrim.  Big improvement onthe last ime yee met those boys in the championship.
As for Dromard and Colmcille well I suppose it panned out as expected.....not a whole lot in it.

LaurelEye

Quote from: Longfordian on June 25, 2007, 12:26:46 PM
A wins a win .....as they say !!! ...... poor enough fare though .....02-02 at half time ...... !!!

I would hope that those of us there for the first half might be offered a discount for future matches owing to the mental trauma involved.

QuoteYeah Shamrock ....have adapted well into the role of impact sub !!! .......  :D

The Mullinalaghta contingent were quite impressed with your performance - both the contribution to the scores and the contribution to putting manners on a certain Ballymore player who was giving the small cousin a bit of abuse :D

QuoteTheir county star was well marshalled by Fintan Coyle ..... once he was kept quiet , we were happy .....

..... Paddy Smith / Fintan Coyle / and Matthew Kelly stood out for us ......

Very surprised to hear Killoe beating Abbey ...hammered them actually !! ..... not overally worried about them though.... but they'll feel the same ...... so we'll see !!!

Does anyone know what the reason was for dropping Seán McCormack off the county panel? He would be a useful addition in comparison to some already there. Certainly if you were asked to do a blind pick on who the county forward was on the pitch, it wouldn't have been anyone in red and white.

And the siilver lining to last night is that your Senior status is safe for next year.
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

Longfordian

"The Mullinalaghta contingent were quite impressed with your performance - both the contribution to the scores and the contribution to putting manners on a certain Ballymore player who was giving the small cousin a bit of abuse"

Thanks Laurel ...... what's seldom is wonderful !!!!

that was an innocent clash Laurel ...no mallace intended  ;)....... the same lad wasnt or isnt too shy on dishing them out !!!

I heard he (McCormack) had a fantastic game alright ...... your right he would be a good option inside for Longford !!

Billys Boots

QuoteI heard he (McCormack) had a fantastic game alright ...... your right he would be a good option inside for Longford !!

I understood that he'd been on the panel at some stage, and you'd think with the Killoe influence on the management team .....
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Shamrock Shore

This is the same Killoe influence that ensures panel is free of Mosrim men  ???

Billys Boots

I wouldn't have thought there be any enmity towards Edgerstown in Ennybegs - what did ye do?  And, em, no offence intended, but do ye have any starlets in Mostrim?

Longfordian

To be honest Shamrock ...Billy is correct ....we dont have anyone up to that standard....(bar Martin Coyle who was on the provisional panel of 35 and was dropped) 

I always got on well with the Killoe selector during my dealings with him in Naomh Mel

......  Did you have a run in with him at any time ...would you be one in the same age ?....or am I a country mile off the mark with that remark !!!!!  :o

Billys Boots

Quotewould you be one in the same age ?....

Wooo Hooo, the oul silver locks are letting you down SS!  :P

Shamrock Shore

Killoe have hated us , officially, since the 'Christy and Willsheen Kennedy' affair in the late 70s/early 80s.

Tongue was firmly in cheek with my comments but Eldest Brother does have a conspiracy theory if I could just remember the specifics.

My footballing 'skills' never hit any sort of a radar in Mels but as the Killoe man was two years ahead of myself and Billys Boots he would not be aware of my existence.

LaurelEye

Quote from: Billys Boots on June 26, 2007, 09:23:50 AM
QuoteI heard he (McCormack) had a fantastic game alright ...... your right he would be a good option inside for Longford !!

I understood that he'd been on the panel at some stage, and you'd think with the Killoe influence on the management team .....

He was dropped at a very late stage during the League campaign, along with Peter Foy and Barry Gilleran. I wasn't especially surprised to see the other two let go, but very surprised to see him dropped. Certainly his college hold him in high regard.
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

Billys Boots

What championship matches are on this weekend?  When's the replay with the swamp critters?

North Longford

This weekend (Saturday) at 7.30 in slashers