Ciarraí vs Tír Eoghain, Fitzgerald Stadium, Killarney, April 2nd @2pm

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, March 26, 2017, 10:15:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Or best defensive record maybe?

*Edit, it's not though. Tyrone have conceded 69. Dublin 66.

In hiding

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 31, 2017, 04:12:53 PM
Or best defensive record maybe?

*Edit, it's not though. Tyrone have conceded 69. Dublin 66.
They way tyrone play it is as unfair to give defenders credit for a good defensive record as it is to criticise forwards for a poor scoring record

macdanger2

Quote from: Fuzzman on March 31, 2017, 03:25:07 PM
The game has changed a lot since then LeoMc and it's not as if Lee is not capable of taking a score from play if he gets the chance. The game has changed a lot lately and I think a big part of the reason Dublin, Mayo and Kerry are at a level above us are because they are regularly scoring 5+ points a game from a good free taker.
I'd love to see stats on how many wides we've hit from frees in the last 3 years.
Of course it's a lot of pressure to put on a young lad but as someone said he's not 18/19 he's 21.

Yeah, without a decent free taker, Tyrone won't win an AI

seanmc123

I mean we have the best defense... Every-team everyteammmmm in Ireland has a defense system, even the so called mighty dubs. We also have some pretty good defenders also. What would you think now Inhiding ?

In hiding

Quote from: seanmc123 on March 31, 2017, 04:50:11 PM
I mean we have the best defense... Every-team everyteammmmm in Ireland has a defense system, even the so called mighty dubs. We also have some pretty good defenders also. What would you think now Inhiding ?
I think its unfair to criticise your forwards when they have to spend most of their energy covering for 6 defenders which the county management obviously have very little faith in. Not everyteammmmm relies on their midfielders and forwards to help out with their defence, particularly in their own half, as Tyrone do.

seanmc123

Do you watch football ? only man helps out in defense really is colm cav and he is a midfielder ? what does the rest of them do tell me? The other 6 are defenders look how they set up on Sunday and come back to me Monday. I hope to see you down in Killarney that is if you aren't a fair weather supporter ;)

In hiding

Quote from: seanmc123 on March 31, 2017, 05:48:19 PM
Do you watch football ? only man helps out in defense really is colm cav and he is a midfielder ? what does the rest of them do tell me? The other 6 are defenders look how they set up on Sunday and come back to me Monday. I hope to see you down in Killarney that is if you aren't a fair weather supporter ;)
Im sure you have a better idea what goes on on the pitch than i do, but to say only Colm Cavanagh helps out his defence would be a story that not many on here would agree with. But sure thats the beauty of opinions. Must go, Omagh half marathon on tomorrow, need to get a wee loosener done

Ciarrai_thuaidh

If Tyrone don't cause Kerry a lot of trouble at least then they aren't at much. Absolutely muck half forward line by us and the fullback line looks massively vulnerable.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

southtyronegael

Quote from: seanmc123 on March 31, 2017, 05:48:19 PM
are you trying to say we only keep 7 outfield players behind the ball in defense?lol. bad enough you talking shite on the tyrone forum without coming on here and embarressing yourself and your county in front of kerry people.

Il Bomber Destro

Good to see McCann get a start, he's had a really good year with club and Sigerson and looks have made improvements to his game in the past 12 months. He has a bit more composure and plays with his head up compared to some of the other options in the half forward line.

Apart from that, much the same - will be interesting to see how McNabb does at 6, it's very much a place up for grabs. Big task for Hampsey at full back him against arguably the best forward in the country at present.

Thought Loughran looked lively enough in his little cameo last week bar his daft strike at O'Connor, surprised he hasn't made the 26 this week around.

I will despair if McShane gets another run out tomorrow, with his recent form and same mistakes being borne out over and over again, he would be the last of the 26 I'd bring on.

I'd like to see us push up on the kickouts this time around, with McNulty in there and Kerry not having Buckley then we certainly match up size wise. We need to play with a big more vigour and abandon when attacking so if we can do that I'm confident we can win, first time we've met Kerry since 2015 and I thought we destroyed them when running at pace down the middle and only for spurning glorious goal chances we would have won that match.

We've a better squad than 2015 now but I think we've gone too much into our shell since then, playing a bit too fearful in attack and not breaking at the same pace. Maybe it's to do with the fact we were underrated in 2015 and teams were sprung by that whereas now we have been cottoned on to and are struggling to adjust. Either way I'd like to see us just go for it, if we get caught out and take a trimming then worst case scenario it is food for thought.

Mulgrew and Brennan back too so hopefully they'll get a run out.

stew

Kerry will hammer the bastards. lets get that out of the way.

Kerry for sam the year, Dublin will be right there and then you have Donegal and Mayo with Throne the best of the rest.

Down are done come early June. )
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

vallankumous

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on April 01, 2017, 09:28:33 AM
Good to see McCann get a start, he's had a really good year with club and Sigerson and looks have made improvements to his game in the past 12 months. He has a bit more composure and plays with his head up compared to some of the other options in the half forward line.

I'd like to see him hitting a few free kicks or 45s

omagh_gael

Am I right in thinking that the only way to get live access to this match would be throufh radio kerry? Are any of the national broadcasters covering it?

Beffs

Quote from: omagh_gael on April 02, 2017, 11:19:20 AM
Am I right in thinking that the only way to get live access to this match would be throufh radio kerry? Are any of the national broadcasters covering it?

With so many big games all on at the same time, I imagine they will spend the day flitting between them all, like they usually do. They aren't going to broadcast just the one game live & ignore all the others.