CPA (Club Players Association)

Started by ck, October 18, 2016, 12:02:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blewuporstuffed

They can play for their clubs in April & May
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Farrandeelin

Quote from: five points on October 26, 2016, 09:56:58 AM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 24, 2016, 08:32:21 PM
What I'm trying to say is the central council should take over club fixtures, lay down rules that are similar in every county, I. e every county must have knockout/groups etc. Until this happens counties who kowtow to managers wishes and shaft the ordinary club players will continue.

I'd say the switchboard operator in Croke Park will be delighted to take a call on a Sunday morning telling her that the pitch in Farrandeelin is flooded at the bottom end, or that Johnny the scoreboard man's grandad is on the way out and the game might have to be put off if he dies.

Just a suggestion. What's your proposal?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

five points

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 26, 2016, 11:57:04 AM
What I'm trying to say is the central council should take over club fixtures, lay down rules that are similar in every county, I. e every county must have knockout/groups etc. Until this happens counties who kowtow to managers wishes and shaft the ordinary club players will continue.

I'd say the switchboard operator in Croke Park will be delighted to take a call on a Sunday morning telling her that the pitch in Farrandeelin is flooded at the bottom end, or that Johnny the scoreboard man's grandad is on the way out and the game might have to be put off if he dies.

Don't broke what isn't fixed. Its important for counties to keep control of games and fixtures. If a county board or CCC is doing a bad job, the clubs can vote them out. The clubs can't vote out a paid official in Croke Park.

And county boards need to stop postponing games for all sorts of excuses. It was odd to see Tommy Kenoy on the Indo the other day championing the CPA and lamenting the plight of the club player and then whinging that the Connacht Council wouldn't call off a game for his club because one of their elderly club Presidents had died.

The Trap

People like five points are what is ruining the GAA........

muppet

Quote from: five points on October 26, 2016, 12:25:02 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 26, 2016, 11:57:04 AM

Don't broke what isn't fixed. Its important for counties to keep control of games and fixtures. If a county board or CCC is doing a bad job, the clubs can vote them out. The clubs can't vote out a paid official in Croke Park.

And county boards need to stop postponing games for all sorts of excuses. It was odd to see Tommy Kenoy on the Indo the other day championing the CPA and lamenting the plight of the club player and then whinging that the Connacht Council wouldn't call off a game for his club because one of their elderly club Presidents had died.

If this were a motion, it would probably get passed at Congress.
MWWSI 2017

Farrandeelin

Another suggestion... go back to what they did around 100 years ago. It'd help player burnout no end. Start next year's championship and finish it in January or February 2019. Better still July 2019. The weather and pitches would be better then. There'd be plenty of time for club players, dual players and all sorts of competitions.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

longballin

Better still go back 20 years and lose the backdoor, championship should be straight knockout - the qualifier system is just a superfluous money making scheme.

Boycey

So the big launch was this morning.. A game changer or more pointless waffle?

magpie seanie

magpie seanie

Quote from: Owenmoresider on January 09, 2017, 01:02:14 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on January 09, 2017, 01:00:27 PM
How do I join?
http://gaaclubplayers.com/

Thanks, just signed up. I feel I have some insights and experience that I could share with them. What do you reckon???

AZOffaly

I thought you wrote their blurb! I joined up yesterday as a coach.

Jinxy

Just signed up there.
Great to see the likes of Liam Griffin and Anthony Moyles involved with this.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Avondhu star

I just hope that they dont get any tax payers money. I dont believe that the GPA should ever have got any either. If the GAA cant fundthem then let them do without
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

magpie seanie

Quote from: Avondhu star on January 09, 2017, 02:28:35 PM
I just hope that they dont get any tax payers money. I dont believe that the GPA should ever have got any either. If the GAA cant fundthem then let them do without

I doubt the CPA will be looking for taxpayers money. The GPA was always about money and still is, the CPA is not.