Mayo manager resigns - for defo.

Started by moysider, August 27, 2018, 12:02:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

GalwayBayBoy

macdanger2

Quote from: larryin89 on September 10, 2018, 07:26:01 PM
A certain Kerry man in breaffy house Friday night. Fact.

I actually had a text from a kerry friend of mine at the weekend saying that this rumour was rife down there. I wouldn't like to see that bollix anywhere near the team

iorras

If that's the case this will end similar to the previous JackO experiment all them years ago.
I reckon someone on our board has the "Kerrys golden years" video at home on constant loop and believes football ended sometime in the early 80s

stephenite

Quote from: iorras on September 12, 2018, 09:14:03 AM
If that's the case this will end similar to the previous JackO experiment all them years ago.
I reckon someone on our board has the "Kerrys golden years" video at home on constant loop and believes football ended sometime in the early 80s

I don't understand this, Jack O'Connor has nothing to do with the Kerry establishment of those days. He is a proven manager at this level, and when not at this level is a proven All Ireland winner at underage.

Hell of a sight better than the one trick pony that is Jimmy McGuinness, we dodged a bullet with that charlatan who hasn't achieved anything in Gaelic Football in years

That said, Horan should be the preferred candidate for me

iorras

Quote from: stephenite on September 12, 2018, 09:53:46 AM

I don't understand this, Jack O'Connor has nothing to do with the Kerry establishment of those days. He is a proven manager at this level, and when not at this level is a proven All Ireland winner at underage.

Hell of a sight better than the one trick pony that is Jimmy McGuinness, we dodged a bullet with that charlatan who hasn't achieved anything in Gaelic Football in years

I was referring to the county boards apparent obsession with all things Kerry; nothing to do with Jack O Connor specifically. Every time theres a vacancy we seem to have some eeijet off in the car to Valentia, or Waterville or somewhere else in the Kingdom begging one of the lads to do us a solid and come up and show us how to play ball. Its embarrassing. I've absolutely no argument with his record, he gave us a few schoolings over the years. Hes just not the right man for us and  it wont end well if this is the road they are going down.

Maroon Manc

I could have sworn I saw something on twitter last friday that Jack O'Connor had confirmed to a Kerry radio station that he was staying on with their u20's?

iorras

Quote from: Maroon Manc on September 12, 2018, 10:15:45 AM
I could have sworn I saw something on twitter last friday that Jack O'Connor had confirmed to a Kerry radio station that he was staying on with their u20's?
Yeah I was convinced of the same thing until people starting convincing me I was imagning things

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

larryin89

Yes it was but was it sealed ? Anyway all we have is rumours but he was definitely in Mayo last Friday
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Jinxy

Yerra...
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Syferus

Quote from: stephenite on September 12, 2018, 09:53:46 AM

The game has changed a lot at senior since even wee Jack was last in charge. Bizarre to call Jim McGuiness a charlatan when he still remains the last person to beat Dublin in the championship.

Enjoy being bled dry if this isn't the usual wind up..

Hound

I wonder if Jack is playing the oul trick of being seen in public in Mayo to put pressure on the Kerry CB to appoint him.

Blowitupref

Are you seriously comparing Jack O'Shea who never managed again to Jack O'Connor who won many All Irelands at schools,minor,U21 and senior level?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

iorras

Quote from: Blowitupref on September 12, 2018, 01:23:46 PM

Are you seriously comparing Jack O'Shea who never managed again to Jack O'Connor who won many All Irelands at schools,minor,U21 and senior level?
no. I'm not comparing them, but I am saying that if he goes to Mayo the end result will be more or less the same. "this will end similar to the previous JackO experiment all them years ago" was my comment

Why?
- He doesn't rate Mayo or Mayo football (source his book and other media comments)
- Its too far away from where he lives to be practical
- This bring in a celebrity manager rarely works anymore. Success over the past 10 - 15 years in both codes has come from someone generally in the county who understands the structures in that county and the personnel available to them