Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

God14

Is that Conall Grimes, Loughmacrory? front row next to Dalaigh Jones?

smort

Think that's tiernan quinn Coalisland

God14

Degrassi Hi

Does anyone know if Paul Donaghy has re-joined the squad? Something badly wrong there if not.

square_ball

Interesting recommendation at the AGM from the county committee looking players not in the match day squad to be released to play for their clubs.

marty34

Quote from: square_ball on December 05, 2023, 09:37:21 PMInteresting recommendation at the AGM from the county committee looking players not in the match day squad to be released to play for their clubs.

That's a fair enough agreement I think.

Only 20 lads can play.  A panel has what, 30 lads?

Let them go and play club games on a game by game basis.

sam03/05

Seems a great idea in theory as it gets players on edge of squad game time , but the reality of it might not be so straight forward ( as has been the case in Down).
I take it that would be the end of the starred game system then?, and now you could have a club with two or three county men playing against another who have the same but they are unavailable, so for example Edendork (3 named in squad) v a club with two or three players not named by management . At least the started game was a relatively fair system.
Also they only miss about 4 or 5 games a season so it's not really gonna change things that much fundamentally . As well as this does the county player train with the club during the week & the county( injury) or just rock up for the club game on Friday night with no training all week.  I think it could get messy.
Is it not supposed to be a split season - this the reason we play the AI final in July now instead of in September.

Quote from: marty34 on December 05, 2023, 10:28:15 PM
Quote from: square_ball on December 05, 2023, 09:37:21 PMInteresting recommendation at the AGM from the county committee looking players not in the match day squad to be released to play for their clubs.

That's a fair enough agreement I think.

Only 20 lads can play.  A panel has what, 30 lads?

Let them go and play club games on a game by game basis.

nrico2006

I saw an article on Damien Casey at the weekend. What actually happened him as I don't remember it being disclosed at the time.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

LeoMc

Tyrone NFL Fixtures 2024
Sunday 28 Jan Roscommon (H) @ 3.45pm
Saturday 05 Feb v Derry (A) @ 3.45pm
Sunday 18 Feb v Galway (H) @ 1.45pm
Saturday 24 Feb v Mayo (H) @ 5.15pm
Sunday 03 March v Kerry (A) @ 1.15pm
Saturday 16 March Monaghan (H) @ 7.30pm
Sunday 24 March v Dublin (A) @ 1.45pm

NotedObserver

Any word of how things are going with the county panel?

An Watcher

That's a very kind set of fixtures.  Basically 2 road trips across 7 games.  Need a good start against the rossies.  Is there much reason to be optimistic this year that we can compete?  Or are we a year or two off yet?

square_ball

Need to be beating Roscommon first up. Should have done last year and that defeat and the manner of it almost set the tone for the season. I'd be confident enough about winning our 4 home games. I don't know what I am basing that on but might as well start the season in an optimistic mood!

RedHand88

Should be enough to stay up going by that fixture list. As someone else said, its only 2 road trips and it's against teams you wouldn't fancy beating anyway (Kerry and Dublin).

God14

Fixtures def kind to us
4 home fixtures this time, we won 3 of 3 at home last year
Even the two trips to Killarney & Croke park, we've decent enough record there in league football and the players should relish those games
We should finish on 8 to 10 points

Mckenna cup draw next Tuesday evening.

Very little info about re. the county set up. That has been a trademark of the Logan & Dooher era.