Armagh - The Postmortem and The Future

Started by AFS, July 30, 2008, 07:10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DUBSFORSAM1

Quote from: SouthArmaghBandit on August 10, 2008, 09:13:29 AM
He's entitled to his opinion. If fact I agree with him.  If he had said anything before the game that would be a different matter.

Personally I'm gutted. I was supremely confident going into this and maybe we all under estimated Wexford.

If you have only seen Wexford against Dublin in the 2nd half then maybe you were right to under estimate them (but that was the only game they have lost all year) so that was wrong....I personally think there was far to much over estimating of Armagh and Ulster football in general going on as can be seen by the performances of Down/Fermanagh etc...

Arthur

Quote from: JMohan on August 10, 2008, 10:26:01 AM
Quote from: Sam Maguire on August 10, 2008, 10:20:19 AM
Quote from: Mourne Rover on August 10, 2008, 12:45:38 AM
It's a bit hard to believe that Oisin should announce his retirement by slagging off both his manager and his club and county keeper iin the space of the same sentence, as the BBC quote suggests - did he really say this ?

I thought Hearty had a decent game and some of his pin pointed kick outs to players running to the wings was very good. I would say Oisin had a quiet word with Hearty to say he just used his name in order to get a dig at Peter McDonnell, wouldn't think he meant anything bad towards Hearty.

Also stop seeing Forde and Francie through all your Armagh glasses. Bellew was obviously giving Forde shit throughout the game for him to react like that. Dont know if any of you spotted it but one time the camera zoomed in on them you clearly see Forde react in pain to something Bellew must have done - probably stand on his toes - when both were standing right beside each other.

I'm not sure how good Peter McDonnell is after this year.

Watch Bellew off the ball any day and I've rarely if ever seen him even pull a jersey.
Mattie Forde is a terrible player to feign injury and dive.
After watching him walk across a player who is lying on the ground I don't think he can throw stones at anyone.

I'd say Peter as Joe's glove puppet was f**king awful this year.

JMohan

Never would have seen Peter as Joe's puppet - I would have thought Rafferty might have been if anyone would have

Sandy Hill

Quote"We just didn't perform from Paul Hearty right through to Peter and the management team."

I would interpret this as "From No1 right through the team to P McDonnell and his management team" and certainly not as a swipe at Hearty.
"Stercus accidit"

goh4205

It's a bit hard to believe that Oisin should announce his retirement by slagging off both his manager and his club and county keeper iin the space of the same sentence, as the BBC quote suggests - did he really say this ?

I thought Hearty had a decent game and some of his pin pointed kick outs to players running to the wings was very good. I would say Oisin had a quiet word with Hearty to say he just used his name in order to get a dig at Peter McDonnell, wouldn't think he meant anything bad towards Hearty.

Also stop seeing Forde and Francie through all your Armagh glasses. Bellew was obviously giving Forde shit throughout the game for him to react like that. Dont know if any of you spotted it but one time the camera zoomed in on them you clearly see Forde react in pain to something Bellew must have done - probably stand on his toes - when both were standing right beside each other.
I'm sure some of the Armagh/Croosmaglen lads could vouge that Francie is not that type of player.  He is tough/rough/raw or whatever way you want to describe him, but one thing he is not is a cheat.  what i seen Matty Forde doing in the 1st half was a disgrace, lying down implying that francie had struck him when the video reply clearly showed he didn't touch him.  Even a wexford lad behind said he does that in club games down there. Francie has never stood on anybodies head like forde & says alot about the guy really.

smcafee

Quote from: J70 on August 09, 2008, 04:16:15 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 09, 2008, 04:10:13 PM
Anyone else see the Armagh fan behind the goal standing up and giving Mattie Forde the finger as he stroked the ball into the net..I can never understand why fools do that... ??? ::)

You see it in every English premiership game.
and its good timing with the premiership starting next week.he can now go back to sitting his fat ass on his sofa watching man utd and drinking buckfast and not worry about armagh.

JMohan

Quote from: goh4205 on August 10, 2008, 10:36:20 AM

I'm sure some of the Armagh/Croosmaglen lads could vouge that Francie is not that type of player.  He is tough/rough/raw or whatever way you want to describe him, but one thing he is not is a cheat.  what i seen Matty Forde doing in the 1st half was a disgrace, lying down implying that francie had struck him when the video reply clearly showed he didn't touch him.  Even a wexford lad behind said he does that in club games down there. Francie has never stood on anybodies head like forde & says alot about the guy really.
Couldn't agree more - I've great respect for Francie as a player - though he did dirty his bib a bit with the Linden hit.

goh4205

Quote from: JMohan on August 10, 2008, 10:38:12 AM

Couldn't agree more - I've great respect for Francie as a player - though he did dirty his bib a bit with the Linden hit.
I've heard this alot over the years and if anyone is to blame for that incident it is Benny.  I was at that game and the ball he gave him had several blue lights on it. The ball was there to challenge for and Francie been Francie he went for the ball.  If you even go back to the Down game this year in clones when Danny Hughes & him clashed going for the ball, I was sitting right infront of this and at no time did Bellew take his eyes of the ball which meant if the man was in the way, well tough shit.

DUBSFORSAM1

The video showed that Francie had got him with his left hand in the face quite clearly......and if Francie doesn't cheat remind me of what happened against Cavan a couple of years ago when he went down as if shot to get the Cavan player sent off????

Arthur

Quote from: JMohan on August 10, 2008, 10:34:46 AM
Never would have seen Peter as Joe's puppet - I would have thought Rafferty might have been if anyone would have

Your completely deluded then!

goh4205

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on August 10, 2008, 10:51:35 AM

The video showed that Francie had got him with his left hand in the face quite clearly......and if Francie doesn't cheat remind me of what happened against Cavan a couple of years ago when he went down as if shot to get the Cavan player sent off????

Sam Maguire

QuotePs. I have not seen Armagh play in person since 2002 but I was disgusted by the shit they went on with today. Almost to a man they were provoking, niggling and slapping off the ball, it was horrible to watch. Does this go on every match in which they are involved? I found myself passionately shouting for Wexford at the end. While I would consider myself informed as regards such matches I couldnt believe the level of cynicism in it. Give me matches against fine footballing sides like Kerry and Mayo any day..

This is from a neutral supporter. found in the Kerry-Galway thread. Would Armagh people stop trying to say they are innocent. Im not saying all of your players are dirty, the likes of Ronan Clarke takes alot of shit and just gets on with it but you have a hell of a lot of cynical cynical players who deserve to be highlighted for what they really are!

pintsofguinness

QuoteThe video showed that Francie had got him with his left hand in the face quite clearly......and if Francie doesn't cheat remind me of what happened against Cavan a couple of years ago when he went down as if shot to get the Cavan player sent off?Huh
When Francie got struck in the face?  Striking is a red card offence (I know that may be news to you with the amount of times thug whealan has got nothign for it), the cavan player got himself sent off.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

goh4205

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on August 10, 2008, 10:51:35 AM

Dubs to be honest I don't remember that, I live on the Armagh/Louth border so i don't to all their games.  having said that I take you point and I'm not going to argue cause i don't know.
One thing I will say is have a look at your own crew first before casting the stone on anyone else, you's have 2 of the biggest cheats and cowards in Whelan & Casey, so watch then glass houses.

Sam Maguire

Quote from: Take Your Points on August 10, 2008, 10:59:56 AM

Francie is not the sort of person to give the verbals, he has hearty nearby for that stupid carry on.  He is tough, uncompromising and has little regard for his own safety in going for the ball.  If will take to crap from his opponent and will not standby when he is being annoyed by him.  He made some great clearances and showed a willingness to carry the ball out of defence.  Anyone who knows about football has respect for Francie, unlike our friend "Sam Maguire" who has just crawled out of the woodwork to sneer at Armagh's defeat when he comes from a county of under-achievers at club and county level.

Forde is a dirty player, shown by his record at club and county level.  He is known to have walked on his opponent and at one point yesterday he tangled with Francie in the first half leaving both of them on the ground just 30 yards out, he got up first and Francie was forced to protect himself while Frode trailed his leg over him as he turned to walk over Franice on the ground, Russell stood a few yards away and saw what happened giving Wexford another 10m closer for a free.

Even the Wexford supporters were embarrassed by the diving, feigining of injury and the soft frees given by Russell.

I didn't or I don't think many have ever said Francie gets involved in verbals, you don't have to do much talking to be dirty.

Anyone who knows about football TYP? How many Armagh players did you say 'played well' in your ratings of the game yesterday? if so many played well surely that team should have won. Perhaps you don't know a whole pile.

I actually come from a successful county with a great record and plenty of silverware so get yours facts right.

Also do you have Fordes disciplinary record from club and county at hand to make these statements?