Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hank Everlast

illdecide

Quote from: Tir na nÓg on June 05, 2007, 06:27:37 PM
QuoteGlad to see your cocky and confident of a win. Frenches bookies are giving you's lads 4/1, go in and Lump on. I might even back you's myself

I thought the odds might have went down after sat but I might throw £100 on us ;D

The odd's did drop, you's were 5/1 last week.

pdown79 you know what it's like yourself bad news travells fast

Hank i will let the porty lads tell you what he supposidly done, all i can say it involves a few females.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

High Catch

winsamsoon

he still is soccer orientated, you watch what happens when the soccer season starts. The you can come back and tell me about his comittment. I may be wrong but i think Tir Na Og will go out the window. It is the same with Scullion, who is actually a Wolfe Tones soccer orientated player. I would say if he wanted to play for Tir Na Og on saturday night then the management would start him. This is wrong on the rest of the lads who are gaels and have trained all year. No one denied the fact that Mc Allister is a good one, he will cause most defenses problems and the clans were no acception. He has pace and power he is also physically strong and if he had a bit more support coming from deep ie Brian Mallon Tir Na Og would have a lot more options but this is for another debate.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Tir na nÓg

Quoteso what happened??

Dont think its something that should be discussed on a GAA board.

QuoteThe odd's did drop, you's were 5/1 last week.

We were 4/1 last week in Portadown. David scullion has been at training for the last 2 or 3 weeks so if he turns up this week he may get a starting place come saturday.

Any of you lot going out to watch the game?

pdown79

Quote from: illdecide on June 06, 2007, 08:58:37 AM
Quote from: Tir na nÓg on June 05, 2007, 06:27:37 PM
QuoteGlad to see your cocky and confident of a win. Frenches bookies are giving you's lads 4/1, go in and Lump on. I might even back you's myself

I thought the odds might have went down after sat but I might throw £100 on us ;D

The odd's did drop, you's were 5/1 last week.

pdown79 you know what it's like yourself bad news travells fast

Hank i will let the porty lads tell you what he supposidly done, all i can say it involves a few females.

Theres bookies in portadown giving tir na nog at 6/1. Ive got you all wrong to be fair, i thought you were takling about mcallister being "injured" etc etc but i know what you were on about now. This is a discussion board concerning sport, dont think it would be right.

Hank Everlast

ok fair enuf.... think iv kopped on now, seen it in the portydown times but didnt kno thats whos yous were talkn about!

illdecide

I C from the fixtures in the Irish News yesterday that we play Porty on Mon night in the semi final of the B championship, did you's loose any players from last weeks senior match. I heard that Porty were def favourites for that game, in fact i was told Porty are favourites for the final as well. You's must have some squad of players over there, although i suppose there is only one club in Portadown so you's would have loads to pick from. I watched the Clans B's this year, they are not that strong and probably will struggle to get a fair team out.

It gives good weather for Sat nights reply so there will be no excuses this time (from either teams) bring it on and may the best team win (as long as it's the Clans)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Tir na nÓg

QuoteI C from the fixtures in the Irish News yesterday that we play Porty on Mon night in the semi final of the B championship, did you's loose any players from last weeks senior match. I heard that Porty were def favourites for that game, in fact i was told Porty are favourites for the final as well. You's must have some squad of players over there, although i suppose there is only one club in Portadown so you's would have loads to pick from. I watched the Clans B's this year, they are not that strong and probably will struggle to get a fair team out.

It gives good weather for Sat nights reply so there will be no excuses this time (from either teams) bring it on and may the best team win (as long as it's the Clans)

We lost one or two players from last week I think which means the B team will be done to the bare minimum! Not too sure if there favourites for anything judging on recent performances. The conditions on the pitch werent really that bad last saturday but if its a dry night it will be a better game and no-one can blame the conditions for losing!!

Tir na nÓg to win by 2, im feeling confident  ;) ;)

David McKeown

Is that the David Scullion who used to play football for Aston Villa?
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Tir na nÓg

QuoteIs that the David Scullion who used to play football for Aston Villa?

Aye that would be him

winsamsoon

:D "He has been training for 2-3  weeks so he may get a starting place on saturday night".  :D :D :D I think the season started just after christmas. This is where all the hard work is done and when scullion was getting the dollars for playing the so called beautiful game. If he wasn't there from the start then he wouldn't be in my team. But then again this may be why Tir Na Og have under achieved.

Aghdavoyle

well Dromintee were mighty lucky to stay in the championship at the weekend. woeful performance from our lads.

Championship looks like a stroll for the wangers this year.

pdown79

Quote from: winsamsoon on June 06, 2007, 04:33:53 PM
:D "He has been training for 2-3  weeks so he may get a starting place on saturday night".  :D :D :D I think the season started just after christmas. This is where all the hard work is done and when scullion was getting the dollars for playing the so called beautiful game. If he wasn't there from the start then he wouldn't be in my team. But then again this may be why Tir Na Og have under achieved.

I understand what way your thinking about mcallister and scullion, but no play can train 4 nights a week and 2 matches at the weekend, it wouldnt do anyone much good. I do however feel for the boys that have been ever-present at training all year but when championship time comes, the buck stops with the manager. He can either play his fully committed players and maybe even get beat. Or he could play his best players, as long as it is agreed by from the rest of the squad. If The tir na nog manager didnt play mcallister last saturday night, they wouldnt be in the championship. Thats the decision he obviously has to make. With scullion back this saturday, hes anothwer scoring threat so i wouldnt put it past tir na nog to cause a wee upset!! ;D

winsamsoon

It all boils down to one point. You have to choose the game you wish to play soccer or Gaelic? It is impossible to play them both together and quite harsh to expect the best of both worlds.