Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

they will not and do you know why. because they weren't playing against cross or harps or clans etc. we'd 3 threads on paddy bradley getting off last week because the co board blew it. 10 or so st pats players got off on exactly the same thing. i think two people commented on this thread about it, myself and six inch nail. speaks volumes!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

pintsofguinness

sorry last post was to illdecide awful hard to post on phone. full back the 10 or so st pats players banned, inc thug mackin got them lifted because co board hadn't investigated it according to some procedure or something. last rumour i heard was we were gettin letter of apology from co board. isn't that nice. i don't know if we ever did.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

dontcare

Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 05, 2007, 01:18:00 PM
well thats great news on yon thug casey. i'll be looking forward to sarsfields being reinstated in the championship. its interesting the response it got and it's probably a reflection on the response it'll get in the county. one of the worse rows in a match in armagh and only one person banned who now doesn't serve his ban but lets go into the 4th day of complaining about a poor refereeing display. who said a few pages back about there being double standards in the county? dead right!  another kick in the teeti for the bridge.

Something shoud be done about this as it was a straight red he got last year in cross in his last champ match, so as far as i know about the rules you must miss you first champ match the following year.

On the Paudie Hughes situation as ref, he was the ref on sunday past in the louth game and was in crooker a few times. He is from cross is young with plenty of experience. One thing i do know is that he hates mouths in a game.

full back

Does anyone know the definitive on red cards from your last championship game? Was it a straight red or 2 yellows?

Paudie Hughes is one of the best we have IMO
Good knowledge of the game & at least you can ask him about certain decisions, but as dont care syas if you mouth at him he wont stand for it at all - guess he will be busy Sat night :D

illdecide

Quote from: full back on June 05, 2007, 01:45:13 PM
Does anyone know the definitive on red cards from your last championship game? Was it a straight red or 2 yellows?

Paudie Hughes is one of the best we have IMO
Good knowledge of the game & at least you can ask him about certain decisions, but as dont care syas if you mouth at him he wont stand for it at all - guess he will be busy Sat night :D

::) ::)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

brokencrossbar1

Paudie is a good ref and I grew up beside him.  He was never a good footballer but always understood the game.  He is one of the better young refs around , he is about 29, and is getting big games as a result.  Unfortunately for him though he may have to look outside of the county to get a senior final for a while ;)

Have been off limits due to work load for a while but it is good to see my old friends in Cross still doing it.  I didn't see what Tony did but have it on first hand account from a player that the dirty digs were coming from both sides.   Part of the game lads, and I know the Harps are not whingers like some other clubs and will look to their internal problems first before blaming the ref.

full back

illdecide, your mood has changed somewhat this week
Did the Portydown men give ye lot a shock? Favourites should always come out on top in the replay so dont worry about it ;)

Tir na nÓg

Quoteilldecide, you mood has changed somewhat this week
Did the Portydown men give ye lot a shock?

We'll give them another shock this week by putting them out of the championship  ;)  ;)

winsamsoon

Crossbar you say the dirty digs were coming from both sides, but does this make it right?. My point was that ourselves and Tir Na Og had men sent off for handbags while Tony Mc Entee got two yellows for two blatant attacks. So how can this be justified. On the issue of Pudie Hughes i think he is a good one and i think saturday night both teams can concentrate on the footballing side without having to worry about a referee. "Tir Na Og" I agree with your summary of the 7 minutes. We were also told it was 7 and it was announced at Half time in the Cross match for 7 so the Irish news may have misprinted.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

brokencrossbar1

Winsamsoon, just putting a bit of balance on it.  Not condoning it either, but as I did not see it I can only comment on what I hear.  The refereeing standards are one of the biggest issues that need to be addressed I believe, and not just the quality of refs but also the respect (or lack of) that the players show to refs in general. 

winsamsoon

I will agree with you there on both counts
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

illdecide

Quote from: Tir na nÓg on June 05, 2007, 02:40:25 PM
Quoteilldecide, you mood has changed somewhat this week
Did the Portydown men give ye lot a shock?

We'll give them another shock this week by putting them out of the championship  ;)  ;)

Glad to see your cocky and confident of a win. Frenches bookies are giving you's lads 4/1, go in and Lump on. I might even back you's myself :P
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Tir na nÓg

QuoteGlad to see your cocky and confident of a win. Frenches bookies are giving you's lads 4/1, go in and Lump on. I might even back you's myself

I thought the odds might have went down after sat but I might throw £100 on us ;D

Stranworst

pdown79

Quote from: illdecide on June 05, 2007, 10:56:38 AM
Quote from: Tir na nÓg on June 05, 2007, 10:20:03 AM
QuoteTir Na og an you explain where the 7 minutes of injury time came from?

I don't know where he got 7 minutes of injury time from but I guess he wanted to correct his earlier mistake of not giving a hop ball which lead to clans goal.

At least your honest, i see one of your players has landed himself in a spot of bother with the law. I'll not name names or his crimes but i got a shock when i heard what he had or supposed to have done. "Holy Fcuk" :o :o

Yes, i think i know what your talking about. Seems very co-incidental that it seemed to reach the news even though it had to relevence to the other sport. So much for him being a "soccer orientated" so and so which he was called a few days back,the clans defense seemed to "cope well" with him anyway didnt they.... ;D ;D