Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

result announced.
cross 0-14 harps 1-4.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

bennydorano

Cross were clearly the better team and you always felt that they could step it up a gear when required, but Harps gave a good account of themselves. I'd be interested to see the stats as Harps hit a bagful of wides.  At 6-3, and with Harps gathering a head of steam, Cross had Tony MAc sent off and they just seemed to step it up a gear, Harps weren't helped by a joke of a red card for Kevin Kelly who had been very effective at FF.  Obviously biased but the ref was a clown.  Best for Harps were Kevin Daly (my motm), Charlie Vernon, Kevin Kelly & Colly Holmes.

Still think the Ogs can beat them.

say nothin

have to agree with Benny, Thought the Harps tried hard, unfortunately when playing Cross you have take every scoring opportunity, and it just didnt work for the Harps tonight.

Thought Kevin Daly played well and Charlie Vernon was head and shoulders above anyone else on the park..

How the hell does this man not start for the county in front of Stephen K.... ??? ???

Just hope Harps can build on this performance and pick up a few points in the league.

Paul Hearty dropped 2 balls tonight again, his confidence has been shattered, maybe McKinney might get a chance between the posts for the backdoor game.

Armagh Exile

Rather surprised to see Dominic Clarke inside the pitch enclosure tonight.
Clarke, who is manager of Harps, was sent off in a League game less than two weeks ago.
Anyone from the Harps throw any light on this?

Uladh

Referees rarely report putting team officials behind the wire at league games.

pintsofguinness

we'd one of ours sent off in the league last year and he was behind wire for few games!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Smokin Joe

A much improved performance from the Harps over last year's lying down session against Dromintee.

Class just won through for Cross in the end, they had more time on the ball than the Harps and this was the difference.

Kevin Kelly maybe should have got the line, but Tony Mac should have got a straight red for the exact same offence rather than the cop out second yellow.

Minnie Holmes certainly added fire to the Harps' bellies.  He didn't do much from play but certainly set the tempo for the fight that the Harps shown.

And how Joe thinks that Charlie Vernon couldn't do a job somewhere.............

illdecide

Where do we start with Ronan Quigley, has to be the worst offical i have ever seen. He gave the Clanns a goal that should have been a hop ball he played 7 minutes injury time to give portydown an equaliser (and prob deserved equaliser) just making up for his previous mistakes. He sent 3 men off and booked about 12 ruined the game completley, bring back big Sam McClatchy all is forgiven.

Was up at the Cross v Harps last night, Harps def had chances but didn't take them. They kicked loads of wides in the first half that were very scoreable. Tony mac got 2 yellows but should have been a straight red, any other player from any team other than Cross would have got 6 months in Magherberry for that elbow >:(
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Hedley Lamarr

Quote from: Armagh Exile on June 03, 2007, 10:58:18 PM
Rather surprised to see Dominic Clarke inside the pitch enclosure tonight.
Clarke, who is manager of Harps, was sent off in a League game less than two weeks ago.
Anyone from the Harps throw any light on this?

Yeah he's very friendly with Fergal Logan ;)
I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed:

winsamsoon

Quigley was a complete disgrace inside the first three minutes he had 2 men sent off and two men booked for what can only be discribed as handbags. Inside the first ten he had hopped the ball 6 times and give numerous free kicks for pushes, over carrying and lifting the ball of the ground. Granted the clans goal should have been a hop ball but he made up for it by playing 7 yes 7 minutes injury time in the second half. Plus he moved the last 45 into the middle of the pitch when it was clearly almost at the sideline. Then the clans got a sideline ball and the corner forward was man handled before the ball was kicked in front of his very eyes. His verdict he gave both players a black card and told the corner forward "not to run before the ball was kicked" :D i thought this was the best one i have heard yet. A draw was probably a fair result but the referee ruined a fairly good game. I was at the Cross game myself and once again Mc Entee challenges were a joke. His second was definetly well worthy of a straight red but things will never change. Eamon Nugent hadn't the balls to send him off.In the first half Sk lost control of the ball and drove his forearm into the face of the on coming Harps man. The harps man ended up in Hospital andSk got of scott free. Watching the two games i know which one was dirtier in the clans game there were three reds and about 7 yellows. In the cross game One straight red and one for two yellows. Double standards are rife in our county.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Tir na nÓg

QuoteThen the clans got a sideline ball and the corner forward was man handled before the ball was kicked in front of his very eyes. His verdict he gave both players a black card and told the corner forward "not to run before the ball was kicked"

Hard to see how the clans corner forward was man handled considering the tir na nÓg corner back had both hands in the air and had his back to the forward. The ref was a disgrace the whole way through the match and should have gave a hop ball before clan na gaels goal. Clans really underestimated Tir na nÓg and it almost cost them!!

full back

Quote from: Aghdavoyle on June 02, 2007, 02:46:59 PM
Shocking attacking performance from dromintee. not sure what the wide count would have been but micheal o'rourke must have kicked 10 scorable chances wide on his own. as someone said earlier, we owned the ball from start to finish but newtown's blanket defence forced our lads into stupid shots. conceding 1-08 against newtown should have won us the game. the goal was fortuitous and three or four of their scored frees were dubious to say the least. we certainly weren't getting the same frees at the other end but i guess refs like to adjudicate in upsets.
replay next weekend some time apparently.

Ah ffs
Every week, it is about how Dromintee were hard done by
1 of the free kicks was dubious, the others were warranted
Dromintee can count themselves very lucky to still be in the Championship - maybe a bit more time should be spent on the training field practicing shooting

illdecide

Quote from: Tir na nÓg on June 04, 2007, 10:21:01 AM
QuoteThen the clans got a sideline ball and the corner forward was man handled before the ball was kicked in front of his very eyes. His verdict he gave both players a black card and told the corner forward "not to run before the ball was kicked"

Hard to see how the clans corner forward was man handled considering the tir na nÓg corner back had both hands in the air and had his back to the forward. The ref was a disgrace the whole way through the match and should have gave a hop ball before clan na gaels goal. Clans really underestimated Tir na nÓg and it almost cost them!!

WELL WE BOTH AGREE THE REF WAS AND STILL IS A TWAT. WE DID UNDERESTIMATE PORTY A LITTLE BIT BUT THE RAINY NIGHT AND CHAMPIONSHIP FOOTBALL IS A GOOD LEVELER AND FAIR PLAY TO YOU'S FOR KEEPING AT IT. SEE YOU'S ON SAT EVENING AGAIN ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Tir na nÓg

QuoteWELL WE BOTH AGREE THE REF WAS AND STILL IS A TWAT. WE DID UNDERESTIMATE PORTY A LITTLE BIT BUT THE RAINY NIGHT AND CHAMPIONSHIP FOOTBALL IS A GOOD LEVELER AND FAIR PLAY TO YOU'S FOR KEEPING AT IT. SEE YOU'S ON SAT EVENING AGAIN

Hopefully there will be a decent ref this time and a win for Tir na nÓg  ;)

full back

Junior & Senior draws will be made Wednesday night

Intermediate Draw

Madden v Wolfe Tones
Whitecross v St Peter's
St Patrick's v Crossmaglen II
Culloville v An Port Mor

AFAIK these games are to be played this weekend