Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh Cúchulainns

Great result for the senior hurlers - a massive effort from all the players in particular Ruairi Mc Gratton, Ryan Gaffney, 2 x Corvans and Ciaran Clifford
Unlucky to the minors, although theres no shame in the ways yous played
Its all about the Hurling.

CountyGK

Quote from: Armagh Cúchulainns on June 12, 2011, 07:11:17 PM
Great result for the senior hurlers - a massive effort from all the players in particular Ruairi Mc Gratton, Ryan Gaffney, 2 x Corvans and Ciaran Clifford
Unlucky to the minors, although theres no shame in the ways yous played

fantastic win, Ard Mhacha abú!!

Applesisapples

Good result but doesn't hide the fact that outside of Keady and Middletown hurling is failing to develop at club level substantially, although Cuhullains are making a mighty effort.

RealSpiritof98

Quote from: Applesisapples on June 13, 2011, 01:48:40 PM
Good result but doesn't hide the fact that outside of Keady and Middletown hurling is failing to develop at club level substantially, although Cuhullains are making a mighty effort.

A very sweeping comment there apples, Derrynoose are really putting a lot of effort in and have been rewarded with a class U-14 team this year. Killeavey got to an U-15 county final this year and Camlough are doing some great work. Middletown from what I can see are struggling a lot to the resurgence of football in the area and seem  to struggle to get the feet on the ground with a lot of senior players also coaching the underage. As for cuchulainns we have a great set up for the u-6 to u-14, but from then on we struggle to compete with the very unique situation of 2 football teams in the town. Also I feel a lot of these county development squads at underage although supply great coaching for our young players, they can take them away for a lot of club sessions which does not help our cause.

illdecide

i'm not big into the Hurling but i thought Sean Tracy's were making strides in armagh?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Applesisapples

You could be right about development squads. Do they foster their own ethos to the detriment of clubs?

Armagh Cúchulainns

Quote from: illdecide on June 13, 2011, 03:14:46 PM

i'm not big into the Hurling but i thought Sean Tracy's were making strides in armagh?

Here, you would know more about a Keady Loaf!
Its all about the Hurling.

illdecide

Quote from: Armagh Cúchulainns on June 13, 2011, 03:42:02 PM
Quote from: illdecide on June 13, 2011, 03:14:46 PM

Here, you would know more about a Keady Loaf!

:D :D :D At this present moment i can't argue with that...take it outta that.

Candyman

Winsam or any other Clans Gaels, what sort of B Team have you's out this year? Championship next week @ Clonmore?

illdecide

Quote from: Candyman on June 21, 2011, 04:53:27 PM
Winsam or any other Clans Gaels, what sort of B Team have you's out this year? Championship next week @ Clonmore?

Candyman like any other B team good in places and weak in a few places, their good points is their starting 15 and their weakness is their bench ;)...You know the score yourself they're decent with a few ex seniors playing. Harps have been good at B level for a right few years now and must be 1/3 favourites ;) (and thats to win the lot)

winsamsoon

Not a lot of change from the team that won it last year candyman but surely you can't expect me to divulge the secrets to our success  :D

So that game is fixed for next wed at Clonmore?
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Candyman

Yup, and from what I hear a real gent of a referee!!! ;-)
We are struggling at the min with Injuries, should make for an interesting day...

winsamsoon

Tell me the good news . Who is the ref?

Candyman

winsamsoon

I honestly haven't heard lad but that should be interesting lol