Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Quote from: pdown79 on May 31, 2007, 01:54:28 PM
Quote from: Tir na nÓg on May 31, 2007, 01:47:07 PM
Quoteneither has mcallister for that matter. The question is will the management stick with the dedicated players that have been there all year or start his strongest 15? If tir na nog play anywere near to their full potential then the clans will find it tough.

McAllister was at training the other night and if he is there tonight he will probably be starting on sat. Surely if the managers want to win then they will have to field their strongest 15, i believe that if tir na nÓg play to their full potential for the whole game they will win.

Exactly, the thing is, whether they can keep that going for the full game is another thing!They need their big players like Speedy McCann and David Turley etc to step up to the challenge and stop waiting for something to happen. If Marsden and O'Hagan are kept quiet then theres no reason why they can't do it.

You have me convinced now, i fancy Tir na nOg for an upset. Stop them two and you's will win. :o
I am quite looking forward to the Cross and Harps game on sunday night, the Harps league form is just a smoke screen. Could be tighter than people think ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Spiritof98

Illdecide, I hope your right, I think the  Harps are in a no lose situation here, everyone outside the club is expecting them to get a hammering so hopefully the lads go out and play with a youthful fearless exhuberance and take down the AI champs.

Why are some of the games 8pm, still a bit chancey when its raining ie darkness.
I'll go back if Marsdens back

Bainisteoir

Quote from: illdecide on May 31, 2007, 03:43:47 PM
Quoteneither has mcallister for that matter. The question is will the management stick with the dedicated players that have been there all year or start his strongest 15? If tir na nog play anywere near to their full potential then the clans will find it tough.

McAllister was at training the other night and if he is there tonight he will probably be starting on sat. Surely if the managers want to win then they will have to field their strongest 15, i believe that if tir na nÓg play to their full potential for the whole game they will win.

Exactly, the thing is, whether they can keep that going for the full game is another thing!They need their big players like Speedy McCann and David Turley etc to step up to the challenge and stop waiting for something to happen. If Marsden and O'Hagan are kept quiet then theres no reason why they can't do it.

You have me convinced now, i fancy Tir na nOg for an upset. Stop them two and you's will win. :o
I am quite looking forward to the Cross and Harps game on sunday night, the Harps league form is just a smoke screen. Could be tighter than people think ;)

Surely fellas who havnt been training (well so you have stated tir na nog) can just attend the weeks training before the cship and play...can hardly be good for team morale or fellas busting thier balls and not getting game time!!

Would this happen in another club?

well i for one think that if you stop bumpy even more so than marsden then you have clans for the taking but its easier said than done... bumpys the most influential player in club football in the county!!

Tir na nÓg

QuoteSurely fellas who havnt been training (well so you have stated tir na nog) can just attend the weeks training before the cship and play...can hardly be good for team morale or fellas busting thier balls and not getting game time!!

Im not saying that its fair but at the end of the day if you want to win you need to field the strongest team available at the time. I hope it doesn't happen this sat and tir na nÓg stick with the players that have been there all year but I cant see it happening!!

harps2002champs

Dungannon striker Mark McAllister is out of Northern Ireland's Under-21 squad for Friday's opening European Championship qualifier in Moldova.
McAllister, who recently rejected a move to Celtic, is ruled out because of a knee injury he suffered in the 4-0 defeat by Scotland Under-20s last week.

:D :D :D

pintsofguinness

i stand corrected dontcare. corn dont start that craic about a hill in the bridge, there's no hill! anyway when we get the new fields fully operational it'll be some spot. i really can't see the harps doing anything i think their year ended when the championship draw was made, i'd be delighted to be proved wrong though!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

corn02

there defientely is a hill Pint. The new training fields are class by the way. Why is one longer than the other though?

pintsofguinness

i assume the smaller one is to suit underage teams. i think i heard the county ladies where training on it. i could have dreamt that though.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

banjoz

Quote from: Tir na nÓg on May 31, 2007, 12:56:36 PM
Quoteyoung james donnelly stepping up from the minors.

Cant see him starting. Hasn't shown his face at any of the training sessions in a while so if he does show up he will be on the bench.

Thats because Armagh minor training is usually on the same time and on monday night he plays for his own club minor team!

BroJolly

Quote from: Bainisteoir on May 31, 2007, 04:27:48 PM
Quote from: illdecide on May 31, 2007, 03:43:47 PM

Surely fellas who havnt been training (well so you have stated tir na nog) can just attend the weeks training before the cship and play...can hardly be good for team morale or fellas busting thier balls and not getting game time!!

well i for one think that if you stop bumpy even more so than marsden then you have clans for the taking but its easier said than done... bumpys the most influential player in club football in the county!!

Is there not an unwritten rule in championship that everything goes mad. The guy playing corner back all year is named in the half forwards, some fella who retired years ago makes a comeback, etc.

Harold Disgracey

It probably has no bearing on Saturday's match but Tir na nOg u16's beat the Clans in the semi-final of the North Armagh championship tonight by 27 points!

McAllister not fit, oh dear!

TG4

Pints,regarding your new fields,would they ever be passed as an acceptable venue for a league or championship game as they stand or is there a fence and standing area going to be put in place to seperate the 2 fields? just wondering because i dont think you could play senior league or championship games on it when it is not fenced off from the crowd if you know what i mean?

illdecide

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on May 31, 2007, 09:43:14 PM
It probably has no bearing on Saturday's match but Tir na nOg u16's beat the Clans in the semi-final of the North Armagh championship tonight by 27 points!

McAllister not fit, oh dear!

Let me see you blowing your trumpet after Sat night (senior) and next Wed night (B-championship), and yes i have to agree with you it will have no bearing on these future games. As a matter of fact i will be using your comments as motavation to our lads making sure your keep quiet for the next couple of weeks >:(
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

full back

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on May 31, 2007, 09:43:14 PM

This result could have a major bearing in Saturday night ;)
Clans, BEWARE

Red Hurley

When is the next round of the Senior Championship scheduled to take place? Surely they can get another round or two in before Armagh play again.