Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BenDover

Quote from: Armagh CĂșchulainns on May 03, 2011, 09:41:08 AM
Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on May 02, 2011, 03:57:25 PM
taking the plunge tonight big man, any advice ;)

Blow it up early and go home and watch el classico!

if last weeks fiasco is anything to go by, aim for extra time!

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on May 02, 2011, 03:57:25 PM
taking the plunge tonight big man, any advice ;)

Good lad spirit. There'll be some rows now. You're gonna end up getting some booting on here

PAULD123

Quote from: winsamsoon on May 02, 2011, 12:56:59 PM
Quote from: Armaghgael on May 01, 2011, 06:33:27 PM
Clans fully deserved their win.
The performance today was a joke no bite from the players at all. I know we were beat but the ref was an absolute clown clearly hadnt knowledge of any rules. On one occasion he give a free to the Clans when one of our players apparently dived

I thought the ref done well and in the latter stages actually favoured Granemore with a few soft scoring frees. The incident you refer to was clearly not a free however O'Connor did dive trying to buy a free so it deserved him right. But that was the first time i have ever seen a free given for that in gaelic :D. The pitch was also like the road but beggers can't be choosers and fair play to St Peter's for the loan

I have no idea if it was a dive or a foul, but just thought I'd mention that diving is indeed covered by the rules of Gaelic football. So it is a legitimate reason to give a free kick if the ref thought he did it:

Rule 5.20 - To attempt to achieve an advantage by feigning a foul or injury.
PENALTY FOR ABOVE FOUL -
(i) Caution offender; order off for second cautionable foul.
(ii) If play has been stopped for the foul, a free kick from where play was stopped,
except as provided under Exceptions of Rule 2.2

winsamsoon

That's a great shout Paul and and even better call by the ref. Hats of to the man as he got it spot on. Not sure who the ref was there seems to be a good number of new ones this years which imo is a good thing
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Armaghgael

Quote from: winsamsoon on May 03, 2011, 03:39:11 PM
That's a great shout Paul and and even better call by the ref. Hats of to the man as he got it spot on. Not sure who the ref was there seems to be a good number of new ones this years which imo is a good thing

You must the only one that thinks the ref was half decent on sunday as i was talking to a number of Clans supporters and they were dumb-struck at some of his decisions. Were you at the game at all??? ??? ??? :o :o :o
If in doubt.......take man and ball!

winsamsoon

Armaghgael

winsamsoon

U cite the incidents then u thought he got wrong?

Armaghgael

Quote from: winsamsoon on May 03, 2011, 05:31:47 PM
U cite the incidents then u thought he got wrong?

To be honest their is to many to mention but i will give you a few examples;

Our county man was fouled on every kick out and was wrongfully yellow carded
Our corner back won a ball that came in and he ran and was being clearly pulled and got a free gave against him
And as we have already said about the so called diving incident

winsamsoon

Ok your county player imo opinion was fouling as much as anyone else it's a rough game around the middle therefore thay was six of one and half a dozen the other. Granted he may not have warranted a booking. Don't recall the corner back one but soup campbell was nearly raped on at least 3 occassions and no free came. It was posted here earlier that a dive is in fact a free kick, o'connor dove straight into our half back and flung himself to the ground therefore according to the rules it was a free. Nevertheless there were no game changing decisions so the ref couldn't have been that bad.

Armaghgael

Quote from: winsamsoon on May 03, 2011, 06:28:54 PM
Ok your county player imo opinion was fouling as much as anyone else it's a rough game around the middle therefore thay was six of one and half a dozen the other. Granted he may not have warranted a booking. Don't recall the corner back one but soup campbell was nearly raped on at least 3 occassions and no free came. It was posted here earlier that a dive is in fact a free kick, o'connor dove straight into our half back and flung himself to the ground therefore according to the rules it was a free. Nevertheless there were no game changing decisions so the ref couldn't have been that bad.

How could he foul when he was being held??

If both sets of supporters agree that the Ref was bad then he must have been. Your the only saying he isnt

winsamsoon

If both sets of fans said he was bad then they surely they are opposing views. No? If he had robbed the clans then the supporters would have said he was bad they wouldn't have said this if he was in our favour and vice versa for granemore

Armaghgael

Quote from: winsamsoon on May 03, 2011, 08:55:25 PM
If both sets of fans said he was bad then they surely they are opposing views. No? If he had robbed the clans then the supporters would have said he was bad they wouldn't have said this if he was in our favour and vice versa for granemore

::) ::) ::)

IVEDECIDED

Referees in Armagh are bad 99% of the time. This guy was no different, however the referee had nothing to do with the outcome of the game.

The only reason Granemore were in touching distance was due to a horrific mistake by Clans keeper and a dozen easy chances missed by the men in blue.

Granemore looked quite poor to be honest maybe just a bad day at the office but they were outplayed all over the pitch.

Armaghgael

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on May 04, 2011, 12:41:05 PM
Referees in Armagh are bad 99% of the time. This guy was no different, however the referee had nothing to do with the outcome of the game.

The only reason Granemore were in touching distance was due to a horrific mistake by Clans keeper and a dozen easy chances missed by the men in blue.

Granemore looked quite poor to be honest maybe just a bad day at the office but they were outplayed all over the pitch.

Worst performance i have ever seen from them looked like they thaught they had it won before the game