Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Johnson

Scarface

BC - Despite the great success of Cross this year I still think they are a more vulnerable team that in some years gone by. They are still a superb team mind you as evidenced by the recent AI win. However there is a feeling that a team could get some joy playing against that full back line for instance. They looked a bit shaky with the high ball raining down on them in various c'ship games and a forward line with power and pace could give them trouble. You can look at the display of that big forward in the AI final for evidence of this. Anyway dont think I am taking away from the team because I am not. They are entitled to all the plaudits that come their way.

ogshead

Quote from: Scarface on March 23, 2011, 07:50:46 PM
"The usual suspects will fancy themselves of toppling them, Ogs, Dromintee, Clans etc"

I think you might want to add Harps to this list who in the past number of years have certainly given the c'ship a better rattle and given Cross a better rattle than Clans have....no hard feelings like

Despite the fact that the Harps got to the final once 2 years ago I still wouldn't have had them down as contenders... and I still don't!! Sure maybe they'll prove me wrong this year but Cullyhanna look to be the strong bet this year. I would say they have a bit of confidence now from last year. Another year wiser too!!

AFS

If Cullyhanna lose Tasker it would be difficult to see them pushing as hard again this year.

Scarface

"Despite the fact that the Harps got to the final once 2 years ago I still wouldn't have had them down as contenders"

Who would have thunk it eh..... ::)

ogshead

Quote from: Scarface on March 25, 2011, 06:43:46 PM
"Despite the fact that the Harps got to the final once 2 years ago I still wouldn't have had them down as contenders"

Who would have thunk it eh..... ::)

I'm entitled to my opinion  ;)

winsamsoon

I think cullyhanna are a poor enough side. Think they lack pace right throughout IMO. Cross on their day would destroy them
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: winsamsoon on March 27, 2011, 12:18:57 AM
I think cullyhanna are a poor enough side. Think they lack pace right throughout IMO. Cross on their day would destroy them

I'm not sure if this is supposed to be a wind-up but Cross struggled to destroy us on two separate occasions.

Though the description "destroyed" wouldn't have been out of place were it attributed to Clan na Gael after all three of their matches against St Pat's last Summer.  :)
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Scarface

"I think cullyhanna are a poor enough side. Think they lack pace right throughout IMO. Cross on their day would destroy them"

You would think this must be a wind up. If not its a bit arrogant.

Clans are no great shakes at all and have not been for years. You would get a harder match against Pats than Clans these days IMO.

fitzroyalty

I was very impressed with Cullyhanna last year. A very determined side and one of the few in the county that aren't intimidated by Cross. They set down a marker last year and I'd expect them to build on that this year.

Onion Bag

Anoyne got any idea of the various underage divisions and fixtures lists?
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

charlie stubbs

Quote from: winsamsoon on March 27, 2011, 12:18:57 AM

st pats gave them there 2 most difficult games on the way to ai victory,so would have to disagree.  tasker be a big loss for them this year though

winsamsoon

I thought this debate was about St Pat's so how does the clans come into it??
If you are asking about how the clans of the last few years would cope with cross then yes they would be destroyed aswell. This doesn't change the fact that Cullyhanna are a very average team. This is nothing to do with arrogance it is simply m opinion that if cross hit top gear they would destroy cullyhanna is all departments. Cullyhanna have a few decent players but i certainly wouldn't mind drawing them in the later stages of the championship
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

RealSpiritof98

The Cuchulainn Hurling Club are hosting their annual Texas Hold'em Nite this Friday 1st April, 9pm @ Pearse Ogs Social Club. The entry is £20 and there is a large field of 70 plus expected to be there.

illdecide

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on March 28, 2011, 04:22:21 PM
The Cuchulainn Hurling Club are hosting their annual Texas Hold'em Nite this Friday 1st April, 9pm @ Pearse Ogs Club rooms. The entry is £20 and there is a large field of 70 plus expected to be there.

Thats unbelieveable Spirit
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch