Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

handocommando

cross were fantastic yesterday any chance we could see Jamie Clarke tomorrow? Hes worth the admission fee alone!

Orior

How many of the 1995 Mullaghbawn team played for Armagh?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

DuffleKing

tierney, e mcnulty, j mcnulty, colm mcparland, geezer, shane collins, neil smyth.

think that's it?

get up there

When the dust has settled down and looking back at crossmaglens st patricks day win with a bit of hindsight, there are are a few things that stand out and make the win quite remarkable, 1.. After a tough battle with cullyhanna, a good young and up and coming burren side, beating the all ireland champs of o9 and 10 it certainly cant be said they had an easy run.  2.. Looking through the starting 15 and the subs, they are to my knowledge all home grow,en players, no players in from other clubs or county's.. 3  And finally winning an all ireland coming off the back of a armagh championship defeat, with two rookie managers with no experience in management, makes for a amazing truly remarkable win.. congratulations and well done crossmaglen

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: get up there on March 21, 2011, 09:36:28 PM
When the dust has settled down and looking back at crossmaglens st patricks day win with a bit of hindsight, there are are a few things that stand out and make the win quite remarkable, 1.. After a tough battle with cullyhanna, a good young and up and coming burren side, beating the all ireland champs of o9 and 10 it certainly cant be said they had an easy run.  2.. Looking through the starting 15 and the subs, they are to my knowledge all home grow,en players, no players in from other clubs or county's.. 3  And finally winning an all ireland coming off the back of a armagh championship defeat, with two rookie managers with no experience in management, makes for a amazing truly remarkable win.. congratulations and well done crossmaglen

Makes a change for them  :P
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Applesisapples

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on March 21, 2011, 10:51:15 PM

Is that the taste of grapes going slightly sour?

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Applesisapples on March 22, 2011, 09:32:07 AM
Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on March 21, 2011, 10:51:15 PM

Is that the taste of grapes going slightly sour?

Is that the sound of a sense of humour?

No, didn't think so.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

fitzroyalty

Prob a bit premature but is this the start of another ten years of Cross dominance? No one could have forecast them winning Ulster this year, never mind the AI. The usual suspects will fancy themselves of toppling them, Ogs, Dromintee, Clans etc, will the next ten years be more competitive than the last? The current Cross team isn't as good on paper as days gone by yet they still do the business. Also are there any new forces making the break through? I think Clann Eireann have the potential in a few years they seem to clean up from U14 down.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: fitzroyalty on March 22, 2011, 04:30:35 PM
Prob a bit premature but is this the start of another ten years of Cross dominance? No one could have forecast them winning Ulster this year, never mind the AI. The usual suspects will fancy themselves of toppling them, Ogs, Dromintee, Clans etc, will the next ten years be more competitive than the last? The current Cross team isn't as good on paper as days gone by yet they still do the business. Also are there any new forces making the break through? I think Clann Eireann have the potential in a few years they seem to clean up from U14 down.

Another 10 years or another 15? ;)  Let us enjoy this one before blowing us up/writing us off!! 

armaghniac

If Cross can win the AI then they are strong enough, whatever about the comparison to previous versions! I doubt if they'll win every year, but they may win a lot of them.

Has John Murtagh cleared off to Dublin? Whether or not he should be in the Armagh panel, he would be a decent player to come into Cross. 
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

fitzroyalty

15 years ago youse started your domination but it was 10 years ago that yous really started to take the piss!

crossfire

Jaysus, when you think about it, Cullyhanna could very easily have been all Ireland club champions. ;)

naka

anyone know which cross boys have been invited onto the county panel ?

winsamsoon

Quote from: crossfire on March 22, 2011, 11:47:49 PM

Jaysus, when you think about it, Cullyhanna could very easily have been all Ireland club champions. ;)

In which sport  ;)
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Scarface

"The usual suspects will fancy themselves of toppling them, Ogs, Dromintee, Clans etc"

I think you might want to add Harps to this list who in the past number of years have certainly given the c'ship a better rattle and given Cross a better rattle than Clans have....no hard feelings like