Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: new devil on January 31, 2011, 10:06:29 PM
How did Johnny Murtagh play for Armagh in the McKenna cup games?

I wasn't at the St Mary's match but he showed nothing against Antrim to suggest he's a viable intercounty option.

Quote from: winsamsoon on January 30, 2011, 12:42:36 PM
To me TAC that is pure speculation as we haven't actually been in the crossmaglen changing rooms and heard the words go out and give tasker the treatment. However over the years i have witnessed certain synical tactics from cross and when you are writing an independent report on games expressing your views i feel you are quite right in expressing your opinions on the matter even though they may be slightly biased.

To be honest winsamsoon I don't consider them independent reports. They are club notes, primarily for our own club members though obviously anybody who buys the Examiner or Observer can read them. Naturally they focus on our own team's performance but I feel fully entitled to express genuinely held opinions and analysis on our matches. I rarely criticise too many in my reports but when I do its because I feel its merited.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

new devil

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on January 31, 2011, 10:49:44 PM
Quote from: new devil on January 31, 2011, 10:06:29 PM
How did Johnny Murtagh play for Armagh in the McKenna cup games?

I wasn't at the St Mary's match but he showed nothing against Antrim to suggest he's a viable intercounty option.

Quote from: winsamsoon on January 30, 2011, 12:42:36 PM
To me TAC that is pure speculation as we haven't actually been in the crossmaglen changing rooms and heard the words go out and give tasker the treatment. However over the years i have witnessed certain synical tactics from cross and when you are writing an independent report on games expressing your views i feel you are quite right in expressing your opinions on the matter even though they may be slightly biased.

To be honest winsamsoon I don't consider them independent reports. They are club notes, primarily for our own club members though obviously anybody who buys the Examiner or Observer can read them. Naturally they focus on our own team's performance but I feel fully entitled to express genuinely held opinions and analysis on our matches. I rarely criticise too many in my reports but when I do its because I feel its merited.

Yea didn't think he would cut it at county level...He didn't really stand out much here in NY and its like div2 football lol

user 2011

word has it Silverbridge have moved their £100,000 draw back from the 17th Match due to ticket sales not covering the prize fund yet.  don't think they are even half way there.

not a very good idea in the middle of a recession to run such a big draw 

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: user 2011 on February 01, 2011, 10:21:09 AM
word has it Silverbridge have moved their £100,000 draw back from the 17th Match due to ticket sales not covering the prize fund yet.  don't think they are even half way there.

Very ambitious yes but at least those responsible are out doing something productive for their club rather than sniping on an internet message board.

ogshead

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on February 01, 2011, 12:04:23 PM
Quote from: user 2011 on February 01, 2011, 10:21:09 AM

Very ambitious yes but at least those responsible are out doing something productive for their club rather than sniping on an internet message board.

Well said, I was wondering why someone would be on questioning their own club's fundraising. First post and everything, looks a bit suspect!!

user 2011

while its my club i don't think there is any harm in questioning the methods that they use to fundraise.  some say this was an ambitious plan but many would call it plain stupid to attempt to run such a draw.  lets face it 30 to 40,000 would have sold as many tickets as 100k draw.  if this draw lasts 2 years its hard to start another fundraising project so they are stuck with it for the long haul, out and about begging.
In the past they have been renowned for the fundraising and hats off but they got it wrong this time.
btw i say they because it's not like most other clubs, its not everyone thats welcome within it anymore so i'll not be trying to sell tickets for them. although i once would have tried.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: user 2011 on February 02, 2011, 10:28:35 AM
while its my club i don't think there is any harm in questioning the methods that they use to fundraise.  some say this was an ambitious plan but many would call it plain stupid to attempt to run such a draw.  lets face it 30 to 40,000 would have sold as many tickets as 100k draw.  if this draw lasts 2 years its hard to start another fundraising project so they are stuck with it for the long haul, out and about begging.
In the past they have been renowned for the fundraising and hats off but they got it wrong this time.
btw i say they because it's not like most other clubs, its not everyone thats welcome within it anymore so i'll not be trying to sell tickets for them. although i once would have tried.

Do you really think that criticising under an anonymous name on an Internet chat forum will make a difference.  If you have an issue take it to the committee or if you feel you can't do it yourself have a club mate do it. 

ardal

Free publicity, now we all want to prove him wrong and that the draw will be a succcess. Not a bad marketing ploy at all eh? Well done 2011

twotwocharlie

user 2011, everyone is welcome at the "bridge". If you choose not to help then it's for your own personal reasons.You can of course buy your ticket online   www.winonehundredthousand.ie

The very best of luck in the draw.

user 2011

personal reasons ?  seems then that alot of people around the club have 'personal reasons' not to help or buy, i wonder why ? there has to be some common reason and it can't be just the 20 pound.

downjim

Whats Kevin O'Rourke like as a player.. Rumour in Down is that he is living in Mayobridge and lining out for them next year!!!

twotwocharlie

kevin is no bad player. Will be a useful addition to any team.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Championship fixtures announced. SFC matches on a Monday night  :-\

Armagh "Simply Fruit.com" Football Championships 2011

Senior Football Championship

Round 1            Venue         Date      Time

Carrickcruppen v  Clann na Gael    Athletic Grounds   12th August   7.30pm
Clann Eireann      v  Crossmaglen   Athletic Grounds   13th August   6pm
Armagh Harps   v  Mullaghbawn   Cullyhanna      14th August   2pm
Granemore     v  St.Michaels   Keady         14th August   4pm
Dromintee      v  Pearse Og      Athletic Grounds   14th August   6pm
Maghery      v  Sarsfields      Clann Eireann      15th August   7pm
St.Patricks     v  Whitecross      Athletic Grounds   15th August   8pm

Bye;  Ballymacnab

Round 2   Dates       2nd/3rd/5th September
Semi-Finals   Dates      24th/25th September
Final      Date      16th October

Intermediate Football Championship

St.Peters   v  Silverbridge      Athletic Grounds   5th August   7.30pm
Killeavy   v  Middletown    Athletic Grounds   6th August   6pm
Culloville    v  Grange      Keady         6th August   6pm
Keady      v  Shane O'Neills   Whitecross      7th August   2pm
An Port Mor     v  Wolfe Tones   Portadown      7th August    4pm
Collegeland   v  Madden       Athletic Grounds   7th August   6pm
St.Pauls    v  Tir na nOg      St.Peters Park      8th August   7.30pm

Bye;  Ballyhegan

Round 2   Dates       24th/26th/27th/29th August
Semi-Finals   Dates      14th/16th September
Final      Date      2nd October

Junior Football Championship

Pre-Round            Venue         Date      Time

Crossmaglen II  v  Killean      Mullaghbrack      22nd July   7.30pm
Forkhill     v  Mullabrack      Lissummon      24th July   2pm
Annaghmore      v  Clonmore      Athletic Grounds   24th July   6pm

Eire Og      v  Tullysaran      Ballyhegan      29th July   7.30pm
Dromintee II    v  O'Hanlons      Killeavy      29th July   7.30pm
Belleek      v  St.Patricks II      Carrickcruppen   29th July   7.30pm
Corrinshego   v  Phelim Bradys   Dorsey         30th July   7.30pm
Clady      v Dorsey Emmets   Whitecross      1st August   7.30pm
Lissummon   v Forkhill/Mullabrack   Dromintee      3rd August   7.30pm
Derrynoose   v Annaghmore/Clonmore  Pearse Og Park   3rd August   7.30pm
Killeavy II   v Crossmaglen II/Killean Cullyhanna      3rd August   7.30pm

Round 2   Dates       19th/29th/21st August
Semi-Finals   Dates      9th/10th/11th September

fitzroyalty

Why are the county board so opposed to double headers?

charlie stubbs

UNDER 21 PANEL:

annaghmore, m mcneice, o mckeever
bmcnab, grugan,mcparland
cruppen, j mccullough, p mccullough, d monaghan
clans, s campbell, p mckenna
clonmore, j grimley
cross, j morgan
cullaville, n rowland
granemore, c rafferty, r rafferty
harps, d mckenna
killeavey, j donnell, c downey, c king