Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFS

Quote from: winsamsoon on January 11, 2011, 06:21:56 PM
And it will happen over and over again  and this will all add to the downfall . When a club have more principles than a county team over the inclusion of a player then something is wrong . What way do these transfer work ? What are the timescales?

In fairness, the circumstances Cross and Armagh find themselves in aren't really comparable.

winsamsoon

Of course they are comparable. A county team should be at the very least, drilled and organised as the best club in the county. When the county teams standards are falling below the actions of a club then something is wrong. When a lads own club won't take him back probably because they don't want to upset the apple cart then the county should at least follow suit but for some reason they have decided to include a lad in the panel after telling ten lads there wasn't any room for them but we will put you on a development squad. Also who has been dropped off the panel to make way for him?
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

AFS

The circumstances are not comparable. Cross have been together for 12 months and are on the brink of an AI semi final. Armagh have been together for about 3 minutes and are on the brink of a pre-season friendly.

Also, the idea that someone must be excluded before anyone new is added to the panel is bunk, especially at this time of the year. While there may be an official limit on panel size, in reality teams carry as many as they like.

deargdoom

Quote from: winsamsoon on January 11, 2011, 06:56:18 PM
Also who has been dropped off the panel to make way for him?

Theres 33 on the panel at the minute. Henderson's spot was there anyway.

armaghniac

QuoteThe circumstances are not comparable. Cross have been together for 12 months and are on the brink of an AI semi final. Armagh have been together for about 3 minutes and are on the brink of a pre-season friendly.

Also, the idea that someone must be excluded before anyone new is added to the panel is bunk, especially at this time of the year. While there may be an official limit on panel size, in reality teams carry as many as they like.

+1 This time of year you try people out, later on you possibly bring in university players and cut down the panel.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

winsamsoon

Armagh have not been together all of 3 minutes as you say because the majority of the panel hasn't changed since last year and they will have been training together behind closed doors over the winter months whether it has been strength training or what. So they are not the tru circumstances.

I don't really care what you say in an ideal scenario your county team shoud be setting the example for the club teams and not the other way around
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

crossfire

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on January 10, 2011, 09:06:17 PM
Quote from: AFS on January 10, 2011, 06:31:30 PM
A bit of pragmatism wouldn't go amiss. Murtagh's inclusion serves a couple of purposes. Primarily, he'll get a few minutes game time under his belt before heading off to help our county champions on their AI quest; and it'll also allow O'Rourke to get a look at another option, perhaps an option fortunate to have the opportunity, but another option nonetheless. Given our paucity of genuinely naturally talented attacking options in recent years, the more boys that get a go the better as far as I'm concerned.

I don't really object to Murtagh being in the squad. He is an option, he's a good footballer who might be a squad option for us so on that basis I've no difficulties with him taking part in the McKenna Cup. I would, however, object if it turned out that our county squad was being used solely to assist a particular club.

I see the grapes are still a bit sour.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: crossfire on January 12, 2011, 10:44:58 AM
A bit of pragmatism wouldn't go amiss. Murtagh's inclusion serves a couple of purposes. Primarily, he'll get a few minutes game time under his belt before heading off to help our county champions on their AI quest; and it'll also allow O'Rourke to get a look at another option, perhaps an option fortunate to have the opportunity, but another option nonetheless. Given our paucity of genuinely naturally talented attacking options in recent years, the more boys that get a go the better as far as I'm concerned.

I don't really object to Murtagh being in the squad. He is an option, he's a good footballer who might be a squad option for us so on that basis I've no difficulties with him taking part in the McKenna Cup. I would, however, object if it turned out that our county squad was being used solely to assist a particular club.

Not at all, just stating a fairly reasonable point of principle. By disagreeing with me, are you saying that Paddy O'Rourke should be making decisions based on what's good for Crossmaglen, rather than what's good for Armagh?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

fitzroyalty

The tail wagging the dog is not new in this county.

crossfire

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on January 12, 2011, 01:31:15 PM
Quote from: crossfire on January 12, 2011, 10:44:58 AM

Not at all, just stating a fairly reasonable point of principle. By disagreeing with me, are you saying that Paddy O'Rourke should be making decisions based on what's good for Crossmaglen, rather than what's good for Armagh?

John Murtagh is not in the Cross Rangers panel despite offering his services.
Nor will he be in the panel until our participation in the all Ireland club series is complete.

charlie stubbs

we got anportmor in championship.happy with that

charlie stubbs

TacadoirArdMhacha

St Pat's v Whitecross in SFC

St Pat's II v Belleek in JFC
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

charlie stubbs

clan eireann v cross
ogs v dromitee
clans v cruppen

killeavey v middletown