Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JUst retired

Looking at the report, the big problem is the time of the suspensions. the player got 8 wks.,for the offence, which was correct,given it was a second offence this season. The time of the season it happened at was the problem, it was during a time of three important games for his club.The various committee`s did what they are in place to do, if they had done anything different it would have been wrong.The main problem is the system of suspensions,it should be games, not number of weeks.   

crossfire

Quote from: JUst retired on December 06, 2010, 08:25:08 PM
Looking at the report, the big problem is the time of the suspensions. the player got 8 wks.,for the offence, which was correct,given it was a second offence this season. The time of the season it happened at was the problem, it was during a time of three important games for his club.The various committee`s did what they are in place to do, if they had done anything different it would have been wrong.The main problem is the system of suspensions,it should be games, not number of weeks.

Nobody from Cross complained about the suspension or ridiculed the referee.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: crossfire on December 06, 2010, 09:50:32 PM

Your PRO publically complained in his notes in the Examiner.

I agree that Jamie Clarke missing the 4 most important matches of the season was undeniably harsh.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

crossfire

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on December 06, 2010, 10:26:55 PM

I agree that Jamie Clarke missing the 4 most important matches of the season was undeniably harsh.

Making a statement in your own club notes which are primarily intended for your own club members could hardly be descibed as publicly complaining.

If you read the article in the Irish News you wil lbe under no illusion as to whom Mr Nugent is referring to and it isn't Jamie Clarke

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: crossfire on December 07, 2010, 07:01:55 PM
Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on December 06, 2010, 10:26:55 PM

Making a statement in your own club notes which are primarily intended for your own club members could hardly be descibed as publicly complaining.

If you read the article in the Irish News you wil lbe under no illusion as to whom Mr Nugent is referring to and it isn't Jamie Clarke

Somebody else mentioned Jamie Clarke. I agree that Paddy Óg was talking about the overturning of Robbie Tasker's suspension, a decision which your club PRO complained about in a newspaper.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

DuffleKing

Cross notes are a bit cringeworthy every week. They gave their own senior team some doing through the club championship

shahrock02

fair play to cross,super team and great club

rootthemout

congrats to cross,another ulster title to add to their collection

Joxer

From BBC NI:

Armagh are to sell the naming rights for their new 19,500-capacity stadium which is due to be opened in February.

The county's Athletic Grounds venue has been redeveloped and includes a new 5,600-seat stand and a covered terrace accommodating 2,500 spectators.

"We are offering a great opportunity for a brand to be associated with what will be one of the top sporting venues in Ireland," said official Paul Kelly.

Armagh's first match at the new venue will be against Dublin on 5 February.

Other features in the £4.5m scheme are dressing rooms, medical facilities, 36 turnstiles and improved access for disabled spectators.

Kelly, chairman of the My Armagh development body, added: "The stadium will be the home of major National League, Ulster and All-Ireland qualifiers matches for football and hurling.

"It will also host, through time, hundreds of club championship games at all levels for football, hurling and camogie."

orchard 8195

Quote from: shahrock02 on December 12, 2010, 03:36:31 PM
fair play to cross,super team and great club

Just new to this, watched a right bit of cross this yr and its clear to see that oisin is still a class act, not really able to win his own ball any more but as a finisher and free taker there is still none better in the county. still think that if alongside a ball winner in ff line (Ronan Clarke) to play off, could still do major damage at county level for another year anyway. This could free up jamie clarke to move to half forward thus having at least 1 scoring half 4ward. this could be an option for the last 20 of matches this yr and would take the pressure off stevey t have to score from play and frees (something i think he struggles with). What do people think? Is this a viable option or to far a step backwards? Or could Oisin even be persuaded to give it 1 last yr?

gander

Think Oisin has already said he definitely wont be back.  I think he could still do a job but unless he's going to be the difference between winning a championship or not there's no point in him coming back.  Its time to let the younger forwards prove themselves

orchard 8195

Quote from: gander on December 14, 2010, 11:37:49 AM
Think Oisin has already said he definitely wont be back.  I think he could still do a job but unless he's going to be the difference between winning a championship or not there's no point in him coming back.  Its time to let the younger forwards prove themselves
Personally think that armagh arent that far away. The way he is playing I think he could make the difference in winning another ulster title at least. Armagh have 4 major deficiencies. Half forward line, midfield, over relience on stevey in forward line and in my opinion anyway free taking. I think he could go some way in solving 3 of these. I know the man is getting on but just think he is playing some unbelievable stuff lately that warrants thinking about it anyway.

crossdoesitbest

Just heard, John McEntee and Leo Blessing are to be the new Culloville management team for next year! Best of luck to them both, except against Cross of course!

AFS

Will McConville even be lining out for Cross next season? I thought he suggested that this was his last year, and with the way he's been emptying himself in every game he certainly looks like a man giving it one final push. He has his coaching as well.

Applesisapples

Quote from: orchard 8195 on December 14, 2010, 12:19:59 PM
Quote from: gander on December 14, 2010, 11:37:49 AM
Personally think that armagh arent that far away. The way he is playing I think he could make the difference in winning another ulster title at least. Armagh have 4 major deficiencies. Half forward line, midfield, over relience on stevey in forward line and in my opinion anyway free taking. I think he could go some way in solving 3 of these. I know the man is getting on but just think he is playing some unbelievable stuff lately that warrants thinking about it anyway.
Great player that he is at club level, I don't think it would be fair to expect Oisin to come back into Armagh. Too much pressure would be on him. We have half forwards that can score, I think we just need to persevere.