Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ard mhaca abu

id say they'll be very scarce rumour has it each club will only receive about 80 tickets...

Tir na nÓg

Will the new jerseys be on sale before the championship match?

ard mhaca abu

new jersey will be on sale next friday 25th may

full back

I see that young lad Mc Allister turned Celtic down as he couldnt agree personal terms
Jaysus, unless it was p1ss poor, you would be hard pressed to say NO to going professional
Are there 2 other firm offers from clubs in England? Any idea who they are?

Tir na nÓg

QuoteI see that young lad Mc Allister turned Celtic down as he couldnt agree personal terms
Jaysus, unless it was p1ss poor, you would be hard pressed to say NO to going professional
Are there 2 other firm offers from clubs in England? Any idea who they are?

I think he just realised that he would have a better chance of breaking into the first team of one of the other teams that are interested in him. If he was to sign for celtic there were always going to be 4 or 5 forwards ahead of him. According to the sun today man city, cardiff and leeds are after him.

SuperHans

is that two good league wins for Pearse Og recently then, is your man kieran Hughes still playin for them? wat position?
anybody know

Hank Everlast

yip hes still playn for them at centre field! goin well too.

Smokin Joe

This may be old news, but I think it is the first time that I have come across the specifics of the proposed redevelopment of the Athletic Grounds:

Construction work is expected to commence in Early 2007 on the upgrading of an existing stadium at Athletic Grounds, Dalton Road, Armagh, Co. Armagh. The redevelopment will take place in three phases. Phase 1 of the development will involve the construction of  a 1,000 to 1,500 seated uncovered stand on the Ceannaras side and terracing to the Dromarg side of the grounds being extended around behind both goal areas. Phase 2 of the development will involve the installation of floodlighting to game standard at a cost in the region  £650,000, which should get underway by the end of next year. Planning permission is currently being sought for the floodlights. The final phase which will cost in the region of £1.5 Million will include a fully covered stand with seating capacity for 4,5000, served by electronic turnstiles, CCTV, a full PA system and a first aid room. Tenders for a Main Building Contractor are currently being assessed.

diesel-smuggler

the contract for doing the work in the athletic grounds was tendered out to some crowd from hilltown think they are called curran contracts!

work was to start this week although i havent been over that way to see if it has started or not!

High Catch

Diesel, why do you end every sentence with an exclamation mark!?

diesel-smuggler

very observant of you to notice! haha! dont know why probably just out of habit

sorry if it bothers you will try not to in future ok

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: diesel-smuggler on May 16, 2007, 04:14:33 PM
work was to start this week although i havent been over that way to see if it has started or not!

It has started alright - the heavy plant/machinery is in place - if I see anything worthwhile re progress, I'll get the camera and take a couple of snaps. 

diesel-smuggler

good idea rufus! a few snaps every now and again would be well especially if you could get them onto this site.

lawnseed 2

total madness trying to make a field out of the pathetic grounds it should have been sold off and we should have moved to a new complex befitting a county carrying our sort of support its only going to be a matter of time before the residents in that area kick up a la croke park residents etc and we will have all sorts of restrictions and be forced to hand over tickets blah blah to keep them quite a bad move me thinks 

lawnseed 2

raffo to the rescue!! just heard  last friday saw the armagh manager come to the aid of his poyntzpass club as they were about to succomb to perenial losers phelim bradys. raffo seeing his club in trouble quickly togged out for the last ten minutes and used his craft to win a couple of frees which he kicked over the bar much to the relief of o'hanlons management. watch out for more heroics in ballybofey maybe hughie morgan will sponsor him a cape ;)