Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Applesisapples

Quote from: illdecide on November 30, 2010, 12:33:05 PM
What crowd was at the boxing last weekend? i doubt there would have been as big a crown there as there was at the Armagh City hotel last year!!!

illdecide

Compared to over 1000 last year...then again the quality of the fighters wasn't the same as last years ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

IVEDECIDED

500 is crap! There was around 1200 at the Peters one. But then Lurgan is a fighting town....

get up there

:D yeah after a few bottles of buckfast

IVEDECIDED

RealSpiritof98

Work seems to have halted on the Athletic Grounds although they could be hard at it inside the ceannarus.  They were going great guns there last week and nearly had the roof on the stand, hope this doesn't push the opening back too far.

mackers

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on December 02, 2010, 09:41:12 AM
Work seems to have halted on the Athletic Grounds although they could be hard at it inside the ceannarus.  They were going great guns there last week and nearly had the roof on the stand, hope this doesn't push the opening back too far.
The big crane was back at it today although I hear they are 5 weeks behind schedule. The McKenna Cup matches that were listed for it will not be played there but they are still confident of having it ready for the Dubs in February.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Joxer

Anyone shed any light has to why the GAA hierarchy looked into the suspensions or no suspensions in the Cross Cullyhanna game.  See Paddy Og on the rant in the Irish News.  Didnt know there was that much controversy.

I also see there is talks of the dreaded playoffs coming back next year.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Joxer on December 06, 2010, 09:21:29 AM
Anyone shed any light has to why the GAA hierarchy looked into the suspensions or no suspensions in the Cross Cullyhanna game.  See Paddy Og on the rant in the Irish News.  Didnt know there was that much controversy.

What does he say?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Goats Do Shave

What was the problem with the play-offs?

Joxer

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on December 06, 2010, 09:33:10 AM

What does he say?

From Hoganstand :

Armagh secretary Patrick Og Nugent believes his county's disciplinary system has been undermined by the CCCC's decision to investigate the circumstances surrounding the suspensions arising from last September's controversial drawn county SFC semi-final between Crossmaglen and Cullyhanna.

Two of the Orchard County's brightest prospects - Jamie Clarke and Robbie Tasker - were issued with red cards during the ill-tempered clash between the south Armagh rivals which ended in a 1-14 to 2-11 draw. But while Cullyhanna star Tasker's red card was overturned - enabling him to play in the replay - Clarke had to serve an eight-week suspension (it was doubled from four weeks because he had been sent off in an under 21 game earlier in the year) that ruled him out of the replay, the county final and the Ulster quarter-final and semi-final.

Writing in his annual report, a disgruntled Nugent said: 'I do not question the CCCC's authority to make such a request, but what I do take exception to is the fact that no reason was given for this application being made.

"Firstly, the referee on the day took the actions he deemed necessary. The CCC on receipt of his report then recommended the suspensions as per the official guide. The players involved then sought a hearing, which they are entitled to.

"The Hearings Committee, on listening to the players and independent witnesses, then issued the suspensions they deemed necessary. All of this was proper procedure and correctly followed.

"Unfortunately, the whole issue became tainted when rumours started and various versions spread, the outcome of which led to unwarranted assumptions and allegations against the referee and the Hearings Committee.

"This is both unfortunate and unwarranted and must cease immediately. All the members and officers of the Hearings Committee gave of their time voluntarily and have at all times attempted to accommodate clubs seeking hearings, often at very short notice.

"For them to be ridiculed in this way is totally unjustifiable."

Goats Do Shave

Make the thing more transparent then!

stalwart

will tullysaran stay up in division 2 ? :-\

mackers

Nugent is a knob..................he did the same thing last year in his report, re-digging up the Grimley controversy when everybody else had put it to bed. That's some load of waffle he's come up with again this year...........mountain out of a molehill job.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

bennydorano

The convention isn't even on to next Sunday is that right?? and that's about the third story from his Secretary's report to make the paper. ???