Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

get up there

Quote from: torres on November 15, 2010, 08:28:28 PM
Quote from: crossfire on November 15, 2010, 07:48:46 PM
Quote from: torres on November 15, 2010, 05:58:59 PM
Quote from: mackers on November 15, 2010, 04:27:28 PM
Quote from: hound of ulster on November 15, 2010, 03:07:57 PM
have people in armagh underestimated this cross team? I didn,t think they were strong enough to win armagh championship now here they are in ulster final,is there to be another period of dominance in armagh by cross?
I reckon that both Cullyhanna and a full strength Pearse Og team will have a realistic chance of beating Cross next year.
i hope your right as i would hate to see them continue to dominate in armagh

Why.?
i,d rather see a few teams in the mix rather seeing them continue to dominate as they have been there so long and its getting very tiresome  and as i dont  follow them or like them then i,d rather see a few challengers knock them of their perch .
crossmaglen are the team to beat, they are the team you have to contend with,, sure what would any sport be like if there was no competition??

IVEDECIDED

Quote from: crossfire on November 16, 2010, 10:27:32 PM
Quote from: IVEDECIDED on November 15, 2010, 11:50:44 PM
Quote from: crossdoesitbest on November 15, 2010, 08:23:17 PM
Everybody trying to find fault with the opposition as to the only reason Cross are in another Ulster final stinks of jealousy and sour grapes. St Galls and Burren did not turn into bad teams overnite but instead came up against a superior outfit and stating that 3 or 4 other teams from Armagh would beat these other county champions is both rubbish and disrespectfull. Maybe someone will come on here and state the obvious. CROSS ARE ACTUALLY A GREAT TEAM!!!!!!!!!!

Yes they are but they got harder games against Cullyhanna and Dromintee than against St.Galls and Burren!

That doesn't mean that either Cullyhanna or Dromintee would have beat both St galls and Burren.

I realise that but I certainly wouldnt have written them off against either - they may well have fallen into the trap of being well happy with their maiden championship though and who could blame them. My club have fantastic history in Ulster but I would wonder if our lads would be totally focused on an Ulster game a week after winning our first title in 15 years!

crossdoesitbest

Cross game fixed for Clones on Sunday week at 2pm!

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on November 17, 2010, 10:13:18 AM
Quote from: crossfire on November 16, 2010, 10:27:32 PM
Everybody trying to find fault with the opposition as to the only reason Cross are in another Ulster final stinks of jealousy and sour grapes. St Galls and Burren did not turn into bad teams overnite but instead came up against a superior outfit and stating that 3 or 4 other teams from Armagh would beat these other county champions is both rubbish and disrespectfull. Maybe someone will come on here and state the obvious. CROSS ARE ACTUALLY A GREAT TEAM!!!!!!!!!!

Yes they are but they got harder games against Cullyhanna and Dromintee than against St.Galls and Burren!

That doesn't mean that either Cullyhanna or Dromintee would have beat both St galls and Burren.

I realise that but I certainly wouldnt have written them off against either - they may well have fallen into the trap of being well happy with their maiden championship though and who could blame them. My club have fantastic history in Ulster but I would wonder if our lads would be totally focused on an Ulster game a week after winning our first title in 15 years!

They couldn't focus their eyes never mind their heads if that happened ;D

TacadoirArdMhacha

To be fair, had we wont he county championship, I doubt we'd have made much of an impact in Ulster this year. I think the point is that while Cross are entirely deserving of their place in the Ulster final and would be favourites to win it, this doesn't necessarily mean that they are about to embark on another period of complete dominance in Armagh.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

TacadoirArdMhacha

Club Name:    
St Patrick's Cullyhanna

League Division Status:
4th in Division 1 Football

Champioship Run:    
Beaten semi- finalists

2010 Review:
Announced ourselves as contenders in the Senior championship, reaching our first semi-final since 1998 and only losing to Crossmaglen by a point after a replay
Consistently reached the latter stages of the underage championships, winning the u14 feile. We also have an u21 championship final to look forward to.

Hopes for 2011:

To win the Senior championship. Nothing more, nothing less.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

1life 1club

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 16, 2010, 10:03:13 PM

Sure they were only going at about half pace, it's a long season and they had to guage their fitness training for the end of November again ;)
what a load of shit,typical rangers p***k,cross knew they were in a battle against us and dromintee and only they ref made a **** of himself and wrongly sent robbie of they would have been beaten,but fair play they can only beat whats in front of them but imo they have exeded expectation this year,brutal standard in ulster club footbal at the minute..
full forward son

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: 1life 1club on November 17, 2010, 11:10:05 PM

Sure they were only going at about half pace, it's a long season and they had to guage their fitness training for the end of November again ;)
what a load of shit,typical rangers p***k,cross knew they were in a battle against us and dromintee and only they ref made a **** of himself and wrongly sent robbie of they would have been beaten,but fair play they can only beat whats in front of them but imo they have exeded expectation this year,brutal standard in ulster club footbal at the minute..

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: 1life 1club on November 17, 2010, 11:10:05 PM

::) ::)

IVEDECIDED

I couldnt agree more - too many teams overjoyed by winning their county title (understandably so) Ulster didnt register as a priority for any of them except Cross and St.Galls.

P.S I also have a sneaky suspicion that Armagh was Cross' main priority this year having lost it last year. However they played well against a very disappointing St.Galls and everything opened up after that for them so fair play

Applesisapples

Who all is on POR's 10 man Senior Development Squad?

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on November 18, 2010, 10:16:47 AM
I couldnt agree more - too many teams overjoyed by winning their county title (understandably so) Ulster didnt register as a priority for any of them except Cross and St.Galls.

P.S I also have a sneaky suspicion that Armagh was Cross' main priority this year having lost it last year. However they played well against a very disappointing St.Galls and everything opened up after that for them so fair play

Where did you pick up that sneaky suspicion from Sherlock?

Was it here at 0.35?

http://www.u.tv/utvplayer/video/133324/108718/242510d6-f574-4481-8a16-b3312e0d2231

mackers

Quote from: Applesisapples on November 18, 2010, 02:36:42 PM
Eugene McVerry and Robbie Tasker are two of them anyway........Grugan, Gavin McParland and Declan McKenna made it onto the senior squad.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Applesisapples

Quote from: mackers on November 18, 2010, 03:42:58 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on November 18, 2010, 02:36:42 PM
Eugene McVerry and Robbie Tasker are two of them anyway........Grugan, Gavin McParland and Declan McKenna made it onto the senior squad.
What about David McKenna?

IVEDECIDED

Hes lucky making it onto the Cross squad!