Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mackers

Quote from: Throw ball on November 01, 2010, 07:05:56 PM
Quote from: thewanderer on November 01, 2010, 10:40:48 AM
it certainly rubs the st galls loving irish news reporters noses in it. i sick of the hype for galls from the irish news soocer reporters.

Must admit I thought the report today was very poor. Would no one from Cross talk to them to give an alternative view?

I hear that there has been a ban imposed by Crossmaglen on giving interviews to the Irish News after perceived slights on the club earlier in the year. They feel aggrieved over articles in the paper regarding JK going bust and printing a letter in  Off the Fence after a National League game last year from some guy saying that Crossmaglen had some of the worst facilities in the country. The relationship between the Rangers and the Irish News won't have improved this morning with   Crossan writing an article about an alleged assault by a Cross sub on one of their backroom team.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

thewanderer

crossan is totally biased towards st galls as can be seen with articles all year. he should stick to discussing too bit junior football. but wait to you see the turn round now that galls are beat suddenly the mighty cross articles will appear. heaney etc dont have any love for armagh or their club teams.

IVEDECIDED

twotwocharlie

The article about Joe kernan and his family was way over the top.

Don Johnson

Quote from: thewanderer on November 02, 2010, 10:08:04 AM
crossan is totally biased towards st galls as can be seen with articles all year. he should stick to discussing too bit junior football. but wait to you see the turn round now that galls are beat suddenly the mighty cross articles will appear. heaney etc dont have any love for armagh or their club teams.

There has been plenty of articles about Cross and their success. I remember either Crossan or Heaney, possibly both, devoting their columns to Cross in the past.

Cross being children at the minute, wouldn't speak to IN for their recent club supplement, they had to get CV and MOR jr to provide the soundbytes about them.

illdecide

Quote from: Don Johnson on November 04, 2010, 10:54:34 AM

There has been plenty of articles about Cross and their success. I remember either Crossan or Heaney, possibly both, devoting their columns to Cross in the past.

Cross being children at the minute, wouldn't speak to IN for their recent club supplement, they had to get CV and MOR jr to provide the soundbytes about them.

How's it going Don... :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

brokencrossbar1

Cross have every right not to speak to the IN if they feel that the coverage of JK's personal affairs was unwarranted.  4 sons play on the team and the man is a legend within the club.  Trust me no one in Cross will lose any sleep over any negatives from the papers, if anything they would be welcomed ;)

crossfire

We do our talking on the field.

Don Johnson

Quote from: crossfire on November 04, 2010, 06:59:59 PM

We do our talking on the field.

Plenty of talking off the field too. Bit of a silly comment given that they would have give interviews to plenty other newspapers, reporters etc. Just not anyone from the IN.

Shamrocks forever

Just want to say paddy heaneys sly comment about ballinderry in the irish news today pissed me of i agree with everything phil stewart had to say about crossmaglen in todays paper what they got of with on sunday was an absoulute disgrace nothing short of thuggery. In the 08 ulster club final against us it was the same old thuggery in the 06 final there favourite old son that we f..k joe mcquillan gave cross every thing under the son its no suprise by the way to see him getting big games involving cross you know theres only going to be 1 winner when that tubes involved. Now back to 08 in the replay good old brian crowe the fat man also from cavan any1 noticing the trend?  joe kernans big buddy mr crowe, good old francie bellew who by the way theres not football in drives his elbow into brian mcguckins face in front of the we brown telly tubbys own eyes yet he accuses mcguckin of diving f..cking joke, number 2 tony mcentee puts his elbow in james conways face tellytubby again does f..k all and number 3 paul mckeown nearly breaks collie devlins back tellytubby again ignores. I for 1 dont fall into the cross hype ok theyve won what they have won but referees linesmen and umpires give them sum protection what they get away with is criminal i for 1 hope some good honest team beats them for the good of football that intimidation has to stop. sorry for the rant folks but hada get that of my chess.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Shamrocks forever on November 04, 2010, 11:19:02 PM
Just want to say paddy heaneys sly comment about ballinderry in the irish news today pissed me of i agree with everything phil stewart had to say about crossmaglen in todays paper what they got of with on sunday was an absoulute disgrace nothing short of thuggery. In the 08 ulster club final against us it was the same old thuggery in the 06 final there favourite old son that we f..k joe mcquillan gave cross every thing under the son its no suprise by the way to see him getting big games involving cross you know theres only going to be 1 winner when that tubes involved. Now back to 08 in the replay good old brian crowe the fat man also from cavan any1 noticing the trend?  joe kernans big buddy mr crowe, good old francie bellew who by the way theres not football in drives his elbow into brian mcguckins face in front of the we brown telly tubbys own eyes yet he accuses mcguckin of diving f..cking joke, number 2 tony mcentee puts his elbow in james conways face tellytubby again does f..k all and number 3 paul mckeown nearly breaks collie devlins back tellytubby again ignores. I for 1 dont fall into the cross hype ok theyve won what they have won but referees linesmen and umpires give them sum protection what they get away with is criminal i for 1 hope some good honest team beats them for the good of football that intimidation has to stop. sorry for the rant folks but hada get that of my chess.

QuoteOn 09 June 1996 Crossmaglen Ranger's young Senior team took to the field to take on Sarsfields
in the first round of the Senior Championship. While everyone in Cross was aware that a
tremendously talented squad of young players was emerging in the club little did we think that
scraping past Sarsfields by a single point in that match was to be the beginning of a legendary
run that was to last for 13 years and has brought the club to the very pinnacle of achievement
making Crossmaglen Rangers a household name and one of the top teams in the country. Rising
to become one of the most successful club teams in the history of the GAA, key players became
legends far and wide, known across the country simply by their first names, the likes of Oisin and
Francie commanded respect and admiration wherever they went.
In the 13 years from 1996 to 2008 the club has landed 13 consecutive Armagh Senior
Championship titles, 7 Ulster Club Championships and 4 All Ireland Club titles. In that time they
played at total of 108 championship matches losing only 9 times with 89 wins and 10 draws to
their credit.

killarm

Hedley Lamarr

You aren't related to Paddy Kielty by any chance :D
I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed:

Shamrocks forever

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 04, 2010, 11:32:22 PM

QuoteOn 09 June 1996 Crossmaglen Ranger's young Senior team took to the field to take on Sarsfields
in the first round of the Senior Championship. While everyone in Cross was aware that a
tremendously talented squad of young players was emerging in the club little did we think that
scraping past Sarsfields by a single point in that match was to be the beginning of a legendary
run that was to last for 13 years and has brought the club to the very pinnacle of achievement
making Crossmaglen Rangers a household name and one of the top teams in the country. Rising
to become one of the most successful club teams in the history of the GAA, key players became
legends far and wide, known across the country simply by their first names, the likes of Oisin and
In the 13 years from 1996 to 2008 the club has landed 13 consecutive Armagh Senior
Championship titles, 7 Ulster Club Championships and 4 All Ireland Club titles. In that time they
played at total of 108 championship matches losing only 9 times with 89 wins and 10 draws to
their credit.

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 04, 2010, 11:32:22 PM

their credit.

Still sticking to what i say bellew is an average player who got a cult hero status for his dirt and thuggery cross couldnt go out and play a good honest game of gaelic with teams who they know are better football teams ie st galls and ballinderry they have to take it to another level its about time the ulster council done there f..king jobs its going on to long

Applesisapples

What match were you watching on Sunday? Your grapes obviously don't get much of the sun up on the lough shore, they are sooo sour. The game was a hard hitting affair which McQuillan made a balls of but even St Galls recognised the best team won. That is the beauty of Gaelic Football the best team always wins.