Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokin Joe

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on May 14, 2007, 08:36:19 AM

- Young Corrigan looked a decent prospect for for the 'saran. Just needs a bit more strength in his kicking leg. - dropped a few short!

Goats, I presume you mean "KC" who probably played full forward yesterday?

Hank Everlast

Kevin Corrigan, lines out as part of a two man forward line... bit more confidence he needs rather than more power.

ard mhaca abu

QuoteKevin Corrigan, lines out as part of a two man forward line... bit more confidence he needs rather than more power.

seen this lad play in last years minor championship...has plenty of ability but lacks alot of confidence would totally agree with hank everlast

The Iceman

Quote from: Syd on May 13, 2007, 09:48:52 PM
Is there no hurling people in Armagh? I cant believe there is no reference to Armagh's great performance against Derry today on this forum. I am an Antrim man but was cheering Armagh on today, would have been great to see them make a breakthrough today, with Down and Derry both seemingly regressing a breakthrough may not be too far away. In fairness Armagh had a decent support with them today and Paul Mc Cormack would get on the Antrim team without any bother.

Declan Coulter would be a house hold name if he was born in any of the Southern Counties ( Cork Waterford etc)

One of the most naturally talented guys I have ever seen
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

inthemaking

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on May 13, 2007, 06:47:49 PM
Very easy for the faceless warriors to make these sort of allegations that cant be proven or disproven. All I'll say is that its a bit suspicious that someone who "isnt from either club" would be at a local derby. Why werent you at your own clubs match? And then use their first couple of posts to post soemthing like this which other people at the game have no knowledge of. I cant tell if the fella is lying or not but I'd have my doubts about taking his word as gospel.

And for your information inthemaking nobody in Cullyhanna is "loving it" as you put it. I hope the fella's alright, it was a bad accident and, as anyone at the match can confirm, our clubs official did their best to make sure he was taken care of properly.

i am a bridge man tacadoir and i am using words straight from the mouths of hte boys carrying the stretcher so as you can appreciate my sources are pretty reliable

naka

ard mhaca abu

ARMAGH CLUB RESULTS FOR W/E SUNDAY 13 MAY 2007

Tuesday 8 May

ACL – Division IV
Phelim Brady's 1-1; Corrinshego 0-8

Wednesday 9 May

ACL – Division I
Dromintee 0-7; Crossmaglen 0-8

Friday 11 May

ACL – Division I
Whitecross 0-4; Mullaghbawn 0-8
Maghery 1-9; Tir na nÓg 1-8

ACL – Division III
An Port Mor 2-13; Sarsfields 1-12
Madden 1-11; Collegeland 1-6
Middletown v St Paul's (Off)
St Paul's 0-8; Lissummon 1-6

ACL – Division IV
O'Hanlon's 0-13; Phelim Brady's 1-7

Sunday 13 May

ACL – Division I
Crossmaglen 1-11; Pearse Og 2-12
Culloville 0-16; Clan na Gael 3-7
Dromintee 0-11; Maghery 1-6
Tir na nÓg 0-15 ; Harps 0-16

ACL – Division II
Annaghmore 2-10; Wolfe Tones 1-9
Ballymacnab v Granemore (Unfinished due to injury)
Carrickcruppen 0-15; St Michael's 0-14
Killeavey 2-13; Clann Eireann 2-9
St Patrick's 0-14; Silverbridge 0-7

ACL – Division III
Ballyhegan 0-10; Tullysaran 0-9
Clady 0-9; Crossmaglen II 0-9

ACL – Division IV
Derrynoose v Belleek (Off)
Dorsey Emmett's 0-10; Shane O'Neill's 0-10
Grange 2-11; O'Hanlon's 0-7
Mullaghbrack 0-6; Forkhill 0-7

ARMAGH ACL TABLES - 2007

Division I
P W D L Pts
Crossmaglen 5 4 0 1 8
Mullaghbawn 4 3 1 0 7
Clan na Gael 5 2 2 1 6
Dromintee 5 3 0 2 6
Maghery 4 2 1 1 5
Pearse Og 4 2 1 1 5
Tir na nÓg 5 1 1 3 3
Harps 5 1 1 3 3
Whitecross 4 1 0 3 2
Culloville 5 0 1 4 1

Division II
P W D L Pts
Killeavey 5 5 0 0 10
St Patrick's 4 4 0 0 8
Carrickcruppen 4 3 0 1 6
Silverbridge 4 3 0 1 6
Clann Eireann 4 2 0 2 4
Annaghmore 5 2 0 3 4
St Michael's 5 2 0 3 4
Wolfe Tones 5 1 1 3 3
Granemore 3 1 0 3 2
Ballymacnab 4 1 0 3 2
Keady 4 0 1 3 1
St Peter's 3 0 0 3 0

Division III
P W D L Pts
Madden 5 5 0 0 10
An Port Mor 5 4 0 1 8
Ballyhegan 4 3 0 1 6
Lissummon 4 3 0 1 6
Collegeland 5 3 0 2 6
Sarsfields 5 3 0 2 6
St Paul's 5 2 1 2 5
Middletown 3 1 0 2 2
Clonmore 4 1 0 3 2
Tullysaran 4 0 1 3 1
Clady 5 0 1 4 1
Crossmaglen II 5 0 1 4 1

Division IV
P W D L Pts
Grange 3 3 0 0 6
Derrynoose 4 3 0 1 6
Eire Og 4 3 0 1 6
Dorsey Emmett's 5 2 2 1 6
Shane O'Neill's 3 2 1 0 5
Forkhill 4 2 0 2 4
Mullaghbrack 4 2 0 2 4
O'Hanlon's 5 1 1 3 3
Belleek 2 1 0 1 2
Corrinshego 5 1 0 4 2
Phelim Brady's 5 0 0 5 0

TG4

some surprising results yesterday especially in division one. ogs beating harps was a bit of a shock and certainly culloville drawing with clans was a big shok given both teams differing starts to the season. anybody enlighten us to what happened in these games?

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: Smokin Joe on May 14, 2007, 09:19:34 AM
Quote from: Goats Do Shave on May 14, 2007, 08:36:19 AM

- Young Corrigan looked a decent prospect for for the 'saran. Just needs a bit more strength in his kicking leg. - dropped a few short!

Goats, I presume you mean "KC" who probably played full forward yesterday?

Yup!

dontcare

Quote from: pintsofguinness on May 13, 2007, 06:57:56 PM
Dont care
QuoteThe bridge didnt seem on form at all, missing a lot of key men this year from injury and players leaving from last year.
The Bridge are only missing two regulars from last year.  Nicolas Traynor in defence, a huge miss, he should have given it another year and Barry Campbell.  Barry usually played midfield/half foward, sometimes full forward role and due to the players that started to come in to the panel from the minor team he was losing his starting place.  Both are flying for the B team.

It's not that we're missing key players with injury (though we'll be missing bellew now), they're sitting on the bench. The new management seem to me more interested in building a team than going up this year (probably not a bad idea) and, I've said it before, we've never had as much talent in the place.  Trouble is they're only youngsters.  I think there's only 4 on the panel over the age of 24.  A majority of the panel are u21.  There are, I think, 7 minors from last year.  The telling tale is last year, we reached intermediate semi final, and should have won it, 7 of those who played against ballymacnab (5 starters) had made their championships debuts that year. 

It's very well talking about losing today's game but if you want to look into it...
Out of the 6 defenders and 2 mid fielders that started, only 3 were regulars last year.   
The half back line started as Brendan Bellew, Colm Hughes and Seamie Martin.  Brendan Bellew was the only regular from last year, when he went off he was replaced by Kieran Campbell.
For most of the game we'd a new half back line. 
Tacadoir talks about being on top in Midfield, our two mid fielders were Peter Byrne and Aidan Hearty. I think this was Peter's first start in maybe two years, he had been out with injury and didn't play at all last year.  Aidan played most of last year with the B team.  They're two young lads, around 20 and there are probably 3 players in front of them for the midfield roles.  Hamill, McAvoy and MacRory and Hogan cup winner Gerard McGarvey.  In full forward line we'd 18 year old Fergal Campbell, he's really only been starting this year and Cormac McAvoy was being tried at corner forward.  There is a lot of experimentation going on so don't be worrying about our results.  That said, similar experimental teams have beaten Tones, Keady and St. Peters.

Quotebrendan bellew has a dislocated ankle and a fractured leg.
Desperate sorry to hear that about Benny, he really established himself as being a vital player for us and is a massive loss.  Hope he's back soon.
Tacadoir there was definitley things said to benny as he was lying on the ground, I was over that side of the field.  Fergal Reel, our manager, seemed to react badly to it, so I don't think they were expressing well wishes.  Someone that was standing beside me did hear McKeever shouting "sc**bag" at him, though I didnt hear it.   

Did Frank Smith and Colm Traynor not also leave from last years team, maybe im wrong and they still are on the panel but i heard yesterday at the game they had left also. you also said you have no players other than Bellew out with injury, i also heard young Reel in half back is out of action with injury, he was a major miss yesterday.

ard mhaca abu

has anyone any report from the armagh v meath challenge game yesterday?

Blue is the colour

Quote from: TG4 on May 14, 2007, 10:50:34 AM
some surprising results yesterday especially in division one. ogs beating harps was a bit of a shock and certainly culloville drawing with clans was a big shok given both teams differing starts to the season. anybody enlighten us to what happened in these games?
Culloville should have won by at least 3 points. 2penalties one for each team in the 1st half. Clans scored there's culloville's was saved. Clans where the better team in the 1st half up by 6 at half time 2-4 ta 0-4. Culloville produced a great 2nd half performance really beat the clans in every position however some poor shooting and a really slack 3rd goal where we just fell asleep let us down. Hopefully we can build on this

thebandit

Who missed the penalty for Culloville? Is championship next weekend?

Blue is the colour

Blue is the colour

Ya d championship is on nxt sunday.