Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goats Do Shave

RE Pints - I never heard of it... sounds like pub talk! - I was at the match though. Portydown tried... but Ballyhegan needed the points more... it shown.

Quote from: fitzroyalty on October 24, 2010, 03:17:01 PM
Ballyhegan have always been a North club as far as I'm concerned, only affiliated themselves with the midboard in the last year or two however that is irrelevant. Regards Keady, they make a mockery of the league. Fair enough a lot of their players have hurling committments, but why the f**k do this every year, how can division two football be so important to them when come next year they'll do the exact same thing?
Originally mid armagh actually...
QuoteBalleyhagan done them selves no favours at da start of da league keady were lookin da game changed from da sun til either da thurs r Monday nite cause der was a stag party on,ballyhagan wouldn't change it keady couldn't field due 2dis so ballyhagan got da 2points,wit dat in mind y should keady do them a favour n win 2keep them up!!

How many weeks did Keady know about the stag do? Ballyhegan negotiated this year with Silverbridge & Clann Eireann to re arrange no problems. All it takes is some notice!

Sandy Hill

The County Board should have taken cognisance of the fact that 7/8 of the players were unavailable because of the Hurling Final yesterday and deferred the game for a week. Given their position it would have been surprising if Newtown would have agreed to a move.
"Stercus accidit"

JUst retired

Brokencrossbar1, good one I deserved that. I should have used spell checker. :'(

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: Sandy Hill on October 25, 2010, 07:13:36 PM

The County Board should have taken cognisance of the fact that 7/8 of the players were unavailable because of the Hurling Final yesterday and deferred the game for a week. Given their position it would have been surprising if Newtown would have agreed to a move.

Everyone knew Newtown were getting the points. A Keady man said to me last week... "You'll have lenty of local derby games next year!"

It didn't matter when the game was played! Story is finished now.

the scenic route

Kelly O'Rourke - A newtown man managing Keady, of course they were getting the points
"Underneath that thin veneer of human civilisation, we're all just a bunch of fu*king animals"

lolafrola

It costs clubs £600 to register an U21 team for insurance and 50% of the teams end up with one match. How can that be? Yes B football is a joke too and i believe the underage teams should be kept to their own areas and then let them play off with other provinces if successful.

Kept the best to the last. Teams who fail to field a team will be fined £500 and deducted 4pts from either their current league position or next years table providing it's relevant (or which ever hurts the most)
Be nice to the people you meet on the way up, because you may meet them on the way back down.

Joxer

Quote from: charlie stubbs on October 24, 2010, 04:32:07 PM
double headers at championship games and if not organise the games so that gaels can see all the games.  annoys me games being played at same time or times organised that clash e.g. this year had drive from channa like a maniac to make the ogs granemore game after watching nab dromintee game and still missed start of it

Just to add to that!

Stop ripping the people off with Admission Prices.  5 or 6 pounds would be quite sufficent and would make people want to go to games!

1life 1club

is john mac making a comeback for rangers?? think that would be a bad move on his behalf imo,, they wont beat st galls and how would things look then
full forward son

winsamsoon

What makes ypu think they won't beat St Gall's??

I think Cross are in with a cracking chance of beating St Gall's. Home advantage, a young enough side full of running and the positive of having to rise to the occassion as underdogs. Granted St Gall's are All Ireland champions but they are beatable. If cross can contain CJ then i think the game is there for them.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: 1life 1club on October 26, 2010, 01:16:16 PM
is john mac making a comeback for rangers?? think that would be a bad move on his behalf imo,, they wont beat st galls and how would things look then

No

I agree that they won't beat st galls though.  No quite there yet

IVEDECIDED

Its not a complete forgone conclussion but I do believe St.Galls will beat them by 2-3 points

flog the lot

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 26, 2010, 02:56:18 PM

No

you sure bc1, heard he was training with them last week?

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: flog the lot on October 26, 2010, 03:09:08 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 26, 2010, 02:56:18 PM

No

you sure bc1, heard he was training with them last week?

Think he took training but didn't train himself.  Sure there is no way that man would be fit to play at this stage.

1life 1club

Quote from: winsamsoon on October 26, 2010, 02:50:30 PM
What makes ypu think they won't beat St Gall's??

I think Cross are in with a cracking chance of beating St Gall's. Home advantage, a young enough side full of running and the positive of having to rise to the occassion as underdogs. Granted St Gall's are All Ireland champions but they are beatable. If cross can contain CJ then i think the game is there for them.
just my personal opinion,they are a good side but they have their faults,we exposed them when the ball is pumped in high around the square. their lacking strengh around the middle to compete in a step up from armagh football.but in sayin that i wouldnt back against them and i hope they win on sunday
full forward son

charlie stubbs

Quote from: Joxer on October 26, 2010, 12:14:02 PM
Quote from: charlie stubbs on October 24, 2010, 04:32:07 PM
double headers at championship games and if not organise the games so that gaels can see all the games.  annoys me games being played at same time or times organised that clash e.g. this year had drive from channa like a maniac to make the ogs granemore game after watching nab dromintee game and still missed start of it

Just to add to that!

Stop ripping the people off with Admission Prices.  5 or 6 pounds would be quite sufficent and would make people want to go to games!

went to down intermediate/senior double header in down(semi final) £8 hard to argue with that