Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on October 23, 2010, 09:50:50 PM
Another north armagh team getting a raw deal....

Well a mid Armargh team gets a raw deal ;).

This has to stop and as someone said it is a f**king disgrace, Mr McDonagh has plenty of thinking to do over the winter about fixtures and how to eradicate this for next year. Ballyhegan may well still have been relegated but at least give them a fair crack of the whip.

Keady are at this sh1t every year and then as soon as they're safe they screw someone else that's in the position they were in several weeks ago.

Has this went on in all four divisions this year or is it just the top two?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Sandy Hill

Quote from: illdecide on October 24, 2010, 10:22:29 AM

Well a mid Armargh team gets a raw deal ;).

This has to stop and as someone said it is a f**king disgrace, Mr McDonagh has plenty of thinking to do over the winter about fixtures and how to eradicate this for next year. Ballyhegan may well still have been relegated but at least give them a fair crack of the whip.

Keady are at this sh1t every year and then as soon as they're safe they screw someone else that's in the position they were in several weeks ago.Has this went on in all four divisions this year or is it just the top two?

Last year they won Division 3 and played all their fixtures!?
"Stercus accidit"

charlie stubbs

ballyhegan are mid armagh team so cant see your point.  however, as previously stated a disgrace

charlie stubbs

Quote from: Sandy Hill on October 23, 2010, 11:48:46 PM
Apparently Keady asked for the game to be put off until next Sunday (which was the original date for this fixture) because the hurlers are playing in the Ulster Club Championship Final tomorrow, but the Co Board in their usual wisdom said no! If this is true then I don't think it's fair to blame the Dwyers.
the original dates 4 keady newtown games were 29th august and 13th june

Sandy Hill

Quote from: charlie stubbs on October 24, 2010, 02:09:08 PM
Quote from: Sandy Hill on October 23, 2010, 11:48:46 PM
Apparently Keady asked for the game to be put off until next Sunday (which was the original date for this fixture) because the hurlers are playing in the Ulster Club Championship Final tomorrow, but the Co Board in their usual wisdom said no! If this is true then I don't think it's fair to blame the Dwyers.
the original dates 4 keady newtown games were 29th august and 13th june

Yes, but one of those was deferred because of hurling and refixed for next Sunday.
"Stercus accidit"

pintsofguinness

this was posted on armaghgaa.net - any truth to it?

QuoteFunny this whole issue of underhand tactics comes to the fore. unless im suffering from amnesia, i seem to remember that a certain publican from ballyhegan who owns a bar in portadoawn granted a free nights drink to the portadown gaa club in return for them ensuring that ballyhegan gained the necessary two points to ensure their survival in division 2 at that stage! unfortunately on their part there was a restructing of the league format. you made your own bed last year, now lie on it!!!!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

fitzroyalty

Ballyhegan have always been a North club as far as I'm concerned, only affiliated themselves with the midboard in the last year or two however that is irrelevant. Regards Keady, they make a mockery of the league. Fair enough a lot of their players have hurling committments, but why the f**k do this every year, how can division two football be so important to them when come next year they'll do the exact same thing?

fitzroyalty

With the season more or less finished with what would you like to see changed for next year?

I'd like to see the leagues either changed/altered so that there are no meaningless games where clubs can lie down for one another or not field etc.Think this has happened in Divisions 1, 2 and 3 and could be argued that two teams have been relegated as a result.

Would also like to B-leagues organised a bit better, was a joke this year and to be honest there is no excuse for it. Same goes for the U21 Championship. Teams shouldn't have to go months without a game in either grade.

No real complaints with the new underage set up which seems to have been successful so credit there to the new Minor board for that.

charlie stubbs

keady are a laugh!on oc citing that they couldn't field due to soccer and a wedding!did the fella decide during week he was going to get married?? ::)

charlie stubbs

double headers at championship games and if not organise the games so that gaels can see all the games.  annoys me games being played at same time or times organised that clash e.g. this year had drive from channa like a maniac to make the ogs granemore game after watching nab dromintee game and still missed start of it

blue

Balleyhagan done them selves no favours at da start of da league keady were lookin da game changed from da sun til either da thurs r Monday nite cause der was a stag party on,ballyhagan wouldn't change it keady couldn't field due 2dis so ballyhagan got da 2points,wit dat in mind y should keady do them a favour n win 2keep them up!!

ardchieftain

Is text speak acceptable on this site ?
Don't know about the rest of you but it makes my skin crawl.

JUst retired

I hate it as well, lazy imature kids. Can`t write / won`t write.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: JUst retired on October 25, 2010, 07:34:19 AM
I hate it as well, lazy imature kids. Can`t write / won`t write.

I hate it as well, lazy immature adults.  Can't spell / won't spell. :P

thewanderer

at least a few mid-armagh local Derby's in division 1 next year with nab and granemore joining the ogs. pity the harps haven't got their act together and got promoted over the past seasons as we are missing the city derby. looks like they will have to settle for Derby's with madden, keady and tullysarren. heavens help us if sarren get a scalp of them next season. ( better use spell check for bcb r i l b slagged )