Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IVEDECIDED

You have to have respect for players especially those that have just lost a final and im sure the cross ones love rubbing everyones nose in it. However im no hypocrite - if I won a county final id pull my dick out and rub it in someones face!  ;D

thewanderer

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on October 21, 2010, 04:52:53 PM
You have to have respect for players especially those that have just lost a final and im sure the cross ones love rubbing everyones nose in it. However im no hypocrite - if I won a county final id pull my dick out and rub it in someones face!  ;D
you do that every weekend, mind you not after winning games as that would be sporadic. ps language please

fan01

Quote from: armaghniac on October 21, 2010, 02:45:21 PM
QuoteThere was a row over the PA system at the Bridge which was poor but I would stand in front of the press hut in Cross and I rarely hear any announcements.

There were a few aspects of the presentation of the county final that could have been improved. Someone could have proof read the programme, for one. The PA system was poor, if there is one thing that has improved over the years and which come down in cost it is electronics, so there is no excuse for this nowadays. And the trad music at the same time as the band was marching around the field at half time was unsatisfactory too.

there will be big changes as the final will be in Armagh, not in Cross.  also was talking to a man that went early (before the minor game) and was told that part of the stand was cordoned off for cross club members. as neutrals this is a disgrace..

crossfire

QuoteThere was a row over the PA system at the Bridge which was poor but I would stand in front of the press hut in Cross and I rarely hear any announcements.

There were a few aspects of the presentation of the county final that could have been improved. Someone could have proof read the programme, for one. The PA system was poor, if there is one thing that has improved over the years and which come down in cost it is electronics, so there is no excuse for this nowadays. And the trad music at the same time as the band was marching around the field at half time was unsatisfactory too.

I suppose the result didn't please you either. ::)

crossfire

Quote from: fan01 on October 21, 2010, 06:42:09 PM

there will be big changes as the final will be in Armagh, not in Cross.  also was talking to a man that went early (before the minor game) and was told that part of the stand was cordoned off for cross club members. as neutrals this is a disgrace..

Thats hearsay and untrue.

armaghniac

QuoteI suppose the result didn't please you either

No. I was happy with the result in general. Cross could have won by a couple more though, since they hit the crossbar when they should have got a goal and SK, Oisin and Fish missed  points they should have got. Were you happy yourself?

Mind you Rangers probably didn't print the programme, but it is their crap PA system.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

lolafrola

Now now folks, a touch of the green eyed monster about. There is not a club team in Armagh that wouldn't take Crossmaglen's facilities in the morning ::)
Be nice to the people you meet on the way up, because you may meet them on the way back down.

IVEDECIDED

When Davitts completely finished there wont be a team in Ireland that wouldn take them.

armaghniac

QuoteThere is not a club team in Armagh that wouldn't take Crossmaglen's facilities in the morning

The Cross' ground was famous, they even sent squads of people over from England to take it.

QuoteWhen Davitts completely finished there wont be a team in Ireland that wouldn take them.

Will it have a good PA system? The difference is that in recent years there has only been the odd team in Ireland that could take the Cross team, whatever about the facilities.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

thewanderer

Quote from: armaghniac on October 22, 2010, 11:47:56 AM
QuoteWhen Davitts completely finished there wont be a team in Ireland that wouldn take them.

Will it have a good PA system? The difference is that in recent years there has only been the odd team in Ireland that could take the Cross team, whatever about the facilities.
when will that be as i heard the funding has been stopped. ps the ground has been transfered to the armagh county board so all the clubs in armagh will own it. but good luck to the clans if they can complete their project ie changing rooms etc. i beleive st pauls have a fantastic set-up and fair play to them and all clubs who have developed for the good of the gaa.

crossfire

Quote from: thewanderer on October 21, 2010, 09:05:18 AM
I see mc keever had a dig at cross today and referees not standing up to them. i dont agree in relation to jimmy mc kee in the first match i thought he handled it well but in the replay devlin certainly gave a few dubious decisions to get cross over the line. theres not doubt over the years cross have got the rub of the green from referees i remember especially 2004 in keady when ogs had them beat and oisin should have got the line for headbutting but he got the free instead from that clown henderson and won the game. but when ur the best sometimes you get crucial decision like back then. this is the end of home finals for cross so there can be no complaints on venues going forward. i still feel and congrats to cross that the championship will move about over the next few years.

Instead of going to the papers Mc Keever should have got his Da to have a quiet word with the Referee after the game. ;) ;D

lolafrola

Quote from: thewanderer on October 22, 2010, 12:05:01 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on October 22, 2010, 11:47:56 AM

when will that be as i heard the funding has been stopped. ps the ground has been transfered to the armagh county board so all the clubs in armagh will own it. but good luck to the clans if they can complete their project ie changing rooms etc. i beleive st pauls have a fantastic set-up and fair play to them and all clubs who have developed for the good of the gaa.

who the feck does own Davit Park anyway? Funding has stopped :-\ sure i thought they were still working away in Francis Street, didn't hear anything myself. I'll have to make a few enquiries
Be nice to the people you meet on the way up, because you may meet them on the way back down.

winsamsoon

Davitts Park was originaly owned by the people of lurgan and was in the hands of a established trustees made up of several members including people that had passed away. The county board were more or less in charge of it hence the state it was in before the work began.In recent year the ground had been neglected partly due to lack of funding and a county board that were unwilling at every opportunity to regenerate Davitt. Also partly down to the club which adopted the attitude that we didn't own it so it would be foolish to spends money on it that could be used elsewhere.

Recently the clans have secured a 99 year lease from the couty board meaning they are now the sole benficiery of Davitt. Aswell as this they are also responsible for any work being done both finacially and manually. The county board are no longer in the driving seat which has been something our club have been trying to achieve for some time. At the moment there is a brand new 3g pitch which has been up and running for the past 4 or 5 months. They are currently in the process of completing a new pitch and erecting floodlights . This is the first phase of work completed, the project is in three phases. The next phases including new dressing rooms and stands. The second and third stage are pending funding and as we all know funding is scarce at the moment but to my knowledge no funding has been stopped by anyone. So the plans are clear lets hope all goes well on the funding side and we can get this project sorted as Davitt Park should always be held high in couty Armagh football.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

IVEDECIDED

Davitt park hasnt been transferred to anyone - the clans all but own it now which is the way it should always have been.

1life 1club

Quote from: crossfire on October 22, 2010, 02:18:25 PM
Quote from: thewanderer on October 21, 2010, 09:05:18 AM
I see mc keever had a dig at cross today and referees not standing up to them. i dont agree in relation to jimmy mc kee in the first match i thought he handled it well but in the replay devlin certainly gave a few dubious decisions to get cross over the line. theres not doubt over the years cross have got the rub of the green from referees i remember especially 2004 in keady when ogs had them beat and oisin should have got the line for headbutting but he got the free instead from that clown henderson and won the game. but when ur the best sometimes you get crucial decision like back then. this is the end of home finals for cross so there can be no complaints on venues going forward. i still feel and congrats to cross that the championship will move about over the next few years.

Instead of going to the papers Mc Keever should have got his Da to have a quiet word with the Referee after the game. ;) ;D
tink ur right,violence is the only way..
full forward son