Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crossfire

Quote from: 1life 1club on October 19, 2010, 12:43:34 PM
Quote from: crossfire on October 19, 2010, 12:33:39 PM
Quote from: 1life 1club on October 18, 2010, 10:48:40 PM
Quote from: crossfire on October 18, 2010, 09:46:43 PM
Quote from: 1life 1club on October 18, 2010, 06:33:00 PM
the irish news got the man of the match spot on today..had to be michael o'rourke..he was the best player on the dromintee team yday and probably over 60mins to..but sure lets give it to heroic francie..lol.it will prob be his last year..

Did any of your lads ever get man of the match in a senior county final. :)
francie did on sunday,,im sure john donaldson or johnny murtagh got it sumtime b4

Neither did.
John Murtagh usually got himself sent off in the county final probably as a result of the indiscipline he acquired as a young fellow with yous :D
murtagh got it in an ulster final against mayobridge a few years back when he single handedly won the game for the rangers,probably as a result of the coaching he acquired as a young fellow from stpats.

Wrong again chap, Benny Coulter got MOM that day.

Do a bit of research before you post silly articles.

IVEDECIDED

Quote from: crossfire on October 19, 2010, 12:44:46 PM
Quote from: IVEDECIDED on October 18, 2010, 11:56:54 PM
Quote from: 1life 1club on October 18, 2010, 10:48:40 PM
Quote from: crossfire on October 18, 2010, 09:46:43 PM
Quote from: 1life 1club on October 18, 2010, 06:33:00 PM
the irish news got the man of the match spot on today..had to be michael o'rourke..he was the best player on the dromintee team yday and probably over 60mins to..but sure lets give it to heroic francie..lol.it will prob be his last year..

Did any of your lads ever get man of the match in a senior county final. :)
francie did on sunday,,im sure john donaldson or johnny murtagh got it sumtime b4

;D ;D ;D

Dont know what your grinning about.
Your club has had a few "blow ins"over the years as well.

Wish we could get some now!!! Any St.Pats lads wanna come North?  ;D ;D

Legs11

Quote from: 1life 1club on October 18, 2010, 10:52:50 PM
Quote from: Legs11 on October 18, 2010, 10:01:52 PM
Quote from: 1life 1club on October 18, 2010, 06:22:28 PM
Quote from: thewanderer on October 18, 2010, 09:01:58 AM
took in the match and have to say that dromintee will never have a better chance of beating cross. unfortunately they don't have the belief to beat them when with 5 to go and elements in their favour they froze. the only consolation is that it ends home finals for cross. In relation to the minor final congrats to shane o neills but i have to say the standard of both teams was pretty poor not that shanes will worry. minor teams of cross, harps, killeavey, ogs and keady must regret they didn't put in a better effort as a title was there on the basis of yesterdays game. ps did either of yesterdays minor finalists defeat any of the above teams. think it could be the end of the road for a few dtee starlets, including aiden o rouke and e martin
r u forgetting cullyhanna minors,we knocked cross out in the first round..u from the bridge??lol
Whats with ur LOL all of the time..what age are u 6?plus whats with you and the bridge get over them lad....
mouth
good one u think of tat one urself...

IVEDECIDED

get a room lads... or a cow shed as the case is down there! ;D

fitzroyalty

Quote from: lolafrola on October 19, 2010, 11:43:57 AM
Went to the Belleek's v St Paul's game at the weekend and wasn't a bad game considering St Paul's fielded their B team but every one that played tried their best, it was another one of those situations where had St Paul's beaten Belleeks then their neighbours EireOg would have got a play off with Belleeks. I'm sure Eire Og wasn't happy about that but this situation seems to be happening in all the divisions.

Keady like clock work every year are about 4-5 games behind everyone else and then come the end of the year when teams have nothing to play for Keady win their remaining matches and be safe, i know this happens to facilitate their hurling team but a one off yes but not every year, it's unfair on the rest of the teams. the Co Bored are going to have to get a bit stricter with some of these teams and start taking the Pt's of the teams who constantly call matches off and deduct Pt's from teams who don't field as well as fine them
I hear Belleeks were on the phone to St Paul's midweek trying to butter them up, saying they'll bring a big team up and sit and drink in their social club after for a few hours and spend a few bob. true or not, this time of year can be a real pain in the ass for some teams, I think it's time league positions dictated championship grades - may well go some way to eliminating pointless games and weakened sides being fielded.

ogshead

Quote from: fitzroyalty on October 19, 2010, 11:47:01 PM
Quote from: lolafrola on October 19, 2010, 11:43:57 AM
Went to the Belleek's v St Paul's game at the weekend and wasn't a bad game considering St Paul's fielded their B team but every one that played tried their best, it was another one of those situations where had St Paul's beaten Belleeks then their neighbours EireOg would have got a play off with Belleeks. I'm sure Eire Og wasn't happy about that but this situation seems to be happening in all the divisions.

Keady like clock work every year are about 4-5 games behind everyone else and then come the end of the year when teams have nothing to play for Keady win their remaining matches and be safe, i know this happens to facilitate their hurling team but a one off yes but not every year, it's unfair on the rest of the teams. the Co Bored are going to have to get a bit stricter with some of these teams and start taking the Pt's of the teams who constantly call matches off and deduct Pt's from teams who don't field as well as fine them
I hear Belleeks were on the phone to St Paul's midweek trying to butter them up, saying they'll bring a big team up and sit and drink in their social club after for a few hours and spend a few bob. true or not, this time of year can be a real pain in the ass for some teams, I think it's time league positions dictated championship grades - may well go some way to eliminating pointless games and weakened sides being fielded.

That'll be worse!! Just imagine this, your one point off relegation and the team below you are playing for fiercest rivals who are safe. Do you not think they would be more than willing to field a weakened team just to see you go down. It's exactly the reason I don't want to see championship grades dictated by league position!!

thewanderer

I see mc keever had a dig at cross today and referees not standing up to them. i dont agree in relation to jimmy mc kee in the first match i thought he handled it well but in the replay devlin certainly gave a few dubious decisions to get cross over the line. theres not doubt over the years cross have got the rub of the green from referees i remember especially 2004 in keady when ogs had them beat and oisin should have got the line for headbutting but he got the free instead from that clown henderson and won the game. but when ur the best sometimes you get crucial decision like back then. this is the end of home finals for cross so there can be no complaints on venues going forward. i still feel and congrats to cross that the championship will move about over the next few years.

mackers

Quote from: thewanderer on October 21, 2010, 09:05:18 AM
I see mc keever had a dig at cross today and referees not standing up to them. i dont agree in relation to jimmy mc kee in the first match i thought he handled it well but in the replay devlin certainly gave a few dubious decisions to get cross over the line. theres not doubt over the years cross have got the rub of the green from referees i remember especially 2004 in keady when ogs had them beat and oisin should have got the line for headbutting but he got the free instead from that clown henderson and won the game. but when ur the best sometimes you get crucial decision like back then. this is the end of home finals for cross so there can be no complaints on venues going forward. i still feel and congrats to cross that the championship will move about over the next few years.
It was really one line of quite a long interview yet the Irish News turned it into a headline on the front page and a banner headline in the sports section. If I were Ciaran I wouldn't give any more interviews to that pr1ck Crossan who was the main culprit in spreading bullsh1t during the appointment process for Paddy O'Rourke. 
If you read through the interview he says that they had enough chances to beat Cross without any referee intervention.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

crossfire

One of the St Galls mentors won the half time draw ( £100 stg ) at the Armagh county final in Crossmaglen on sunday.
His next visit here will not be as joyous. ;)

Unless, of course, he wins the half time draw again. :D

mackers

Quote from: crossfire on October 21, 2010, 11:02:43 AM
One of the St Galls mentors won the half time draw ( £100 stg ) at the Armagh county final in Crossmaglen on sunday.
His next visit here will not be as joyous. ;)

Unless, of course, he wins the half time draw again. :D
There was a row over the PA system at the Bridge which was poor but I would stand in front of the press hut in Cross and I rarely hear any announcements. It's bound to damage sales for the half time draw.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

fan01

It was a disgrace to see the behaviour of Aaron Kernan and Francie Bellew at the end of the game on Sunday.

thewanderer

Quote from: fan01 on October 21, 2010, 02:07:03 PM
It was a disgrace to see the behaviour of Aaron Kernan and Francie Bellew at the end of the game on Sunday.
i take ur on the wind-up, in other words they commiserated with dromintee players

crossfire

Quote from: fan01 on October 21, 2010, 02:07:03 PM

Elaborate.!!

armaghniac

QuoteThere was a row over the PA system at the Bridge which was poor but I would stand in front of the press hut in Cross and I rarely hear any announcements.

There were a few aspects of the presentation of the county final that could have been improved. Someone could have proof read the programme, for one. The PA system was poor, if there is one thing that has improved over the years and which come down in cost it is electronics, so there is no excuse for this nowadays. And the trad music at the same time as the band was marching around the field at half time was unsatisfactory too.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

DuffleKing

I presume this referes to the "in the face" remonstarting with dromintee forwards when the game was won? Noticed that myself but i don't think players can be held account to have their full faculties in those circumstances. These are very emotional games and occasions.