Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fitzroyalty

Not going to comment on this issue other than the players have to shoulder the blame as well. Bear in mind the manager took on the job when few others wanted it.

TacadoirArdMhacha

I have to say I was amazed by how poor Clans were this year. Very uncharacteristic of them. We have a horrendous record up in Lurgan yet we gave them an absolute hiding away from home (albeit at Clann Eireann rather than Davitt Park).
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

lolafrola

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on October 13, 2010, 02:52:14 PM
I have to say I was amazed by how poor Clans were this year. Very uncharacteristic of them. We have a horrendous record up in Lurgan yet we gave them an absolute hiding away from home (albeit at Clann Eireann rather than Davitt Park).

Yeah man i said the same, a couple of players told me the way they're playing reflected the management. (roll over and take it up the ass) I seen a row in clann Eireann park when they played Maghery and when a fight broke out between two players the Clans manager ran on and grabbed his own player whilst the Maghery man couldn't believe his luck and punched on whilst the clans manager held his own player :D :D :D The manager then went on to tell his player he didn't want any fighting :D :D :D so what about protecting yourself :D. Dunno if this is true maybe some of the Clans men can clarify this but i heard there were 2-3 players (guaranteed 1st team players) who after seeing how bad the management were in their 1st year decided to take a year out until they had gone and left their post.

Thats not great attitudes and you'd have to ask about their commitment but it also says a lot about the management
Be nice to the people you meet on the way up, because you may meet them on the way back down.

lolafrola

Just as we were talking about management there. If a guy manages a team and he's brutal (see above) and none of the players want to play for him and the guy's totally lost the dressing room, if there is no one else looking the job what should the club do. Fitzroyalty pointed out that no one else wanted the job so does that mean the current manager should have it for as long as he wishes (should he take them to Div 4).

I know that was directed at Clans (sort of) but I've seen it around the town with clubs and management (St Paul's, W Tones, St Peters and Eire Og i hear are the next culprits)
Be nice to the people you meet on the way up, because you may meet them on the way back down.

IVEDECIDED

Fitz is wrong there are several people keen to manage the Clans...and there always has been.

Management aside, it was a pitiful year by Clans standards and simply wont do in future. We were a shambles of a team on and off the field and TBH got what we deserved in each competition we entered - Ulster league, Pat McMahon, Armagh league and championship.

There are several first team players who took a year out but you would have to ask them their reasons. There is also a good crop of atlented players from a strong U21 and championship winning B side (Young B side). All clubs go through periods of transition and I hope this year was the darkest hour before the dawn for this team.

We are a young team but have been together now for 2 years so thats no longer a factor in my mind - the honeymoon period is over. I honestly believe you will see a completely different Clans team next year and over the next few years. It is an absolute godsend that we can now start to develop as a division 1 side without having to get out of division 2 first.

Clan na GAEL abu!!!

1life 1club

imo, managers mite not get the backing from the dressing room but its an easy target to point the blame at..i would say no pride in the jersey..
full forward son

UGAAWA

Ulster Gaels' big night out!

Tickets are now on sale for the 23rd Ulster GAA Writers' Association Banquet which will be held this year in the Slieve Russell Hotel, Co Cavan.

The Quinn Insurance Ulster GAA Writers Banquet is the only awards ceremony that honours players from all codes as well as grass-roots Gaels.

There is plenty to celebrate this year with Down's run to the All-Ireland SFC final, Tyrone lifting the minor title, Antrim's hurlers regaining their place amongst the sport's big guns, Armagh's rise up the hurling ranks, St Galls' march to All Ireland glory, the ladies of Tyrone and Donegal on the All Ireland stage, Paul Brady continuing to set the world handball benchmark and the Saffron camógs' All Ireland among the Ulster success stories.

As usual a star-studded guest list from all codes will celebrate all that is good in Gaelic games in the province. Tickets are priced £50 or €60 and are available by contacting Tony McGee at tony.mcgee@btinternet.com or visit www.ulstergaawriters.com for full details.

Accommodation in the Slieve Russell Hotel can be booked here: www.slieverussell.ie. Click here for a list of alternative accommodation in the area:  http://www.irishtourist.com/directory/accommodation/north/cavan/

Wee Shea

Lolafrola are you going to put yourself in the ring for the Clans job next year? You did well this year with the B job anyway.

Wee Shea

Quote from: lolafrola on October 13, 2010, 11:36:21 AM
Well they're not going down this year and i've seen quite a few of their games this year and i believe the will turn this around and be up near the top soon enough. I don't believe the current management team know how to play this new team and they certainly didn't look the sharpest this year, with the right men in charge and a few of the young lads coming through the Clans will be back challenging for honours.

It's not just the clans i go to watch, i attend a match every week around the Lurgan area and have seen a good bit of the Tones and Clann Eireann too with the odd Sarsfields game and enjoy it but i have to say on ability the Clans def seem to have the more skillful players on Board but their management team don't seem to know how to get it out of them

When are you going to go back posting as illdecide?

winsamsoon

Never did understand why people try and post under two diff identities . U will always get snared
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Goats Do Shave

Did Keady play Tir na nÓg last night?

lolafrola

Quote from: Wee Shea on October 14, 2010, 12:21:23 AM
Lolafrola are you going to put yourself in the ring for the Clans job next year? You did well this year with the B job anyway.

Yes, most def. and thanks

lolafrola

Quote from: Wee Shea on October 14, 2010, 12:23:27 AM
Quote from: lolafrola on October 13, 2010, 11:36:21 AM
Well they're not going down this year and i've seen quite a few of their games this year and i believe the will turn this around and be up near the top soon enough. I don't believe the current management team know how to play this new team and they certainly didn't look the sharpest this year, with the right men in charge and a few of the young lads coming through the Clans will be back challenging for honours.

It's not just the clans i go to watch, i attend a match every week around the Lurgan area and have seen a good bit of the Tones and Clann Eireann too with the odd Sarsfields game and enjoy it but i have to say on ability the Clans def seem to have the more skillful players on Board but their management team don't seem to know how to get it out of them

When are you going to go back posting as illdecide?

What are you smoking BTW ???

lolafrola

Quote from: winsamsoon on October 14, 2010, 12:33:48 AM
Never did understand why people try and post under two diff identities . U will always get snared

R u smoking the same stuff ???

lolafrola

Quote from: lolafrola on October 12, 2010, 02:33:47 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on October 12, 2010, 01:34:25 PM
Quote from: Wee Shea on October 11, 2010, 07:56:58 PM
Quote from: IVEDECIDED on October 11, 2010, 07:42:54 PM
Who the f**k was talking to you?? Yous have enough problems of your own san - how did your lads do on Sunday? ;D ;D

I thought this was a DISCUSSION board.

Anyway, I will let you continue making a dick out of yourself and embarassing your club.

As for Clann Eireann, I could not give one flying f**k about them.

yet you have your club down as clann eireann? Strange

He'a an Eire Og man actually and er.... i'll not tell the rest of it ;)

Def the Wolfe Tones then as we all know your not Clann Eireann. Are you charlie Stubbs in disguise ;D