Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Quote from: 1life 1club on September 28, 2010, 11:04:06 PM
will culoville do it on sunday??

Head says "Yes" but hope not. I'd like to see Sarsfields win it.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

PatDaly

Will Oisin also miss the final vs Dromintee assuming Cross beat Cullyhanna in Saturday's replay?

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=136342

Suspended McConville to miss Cross' replay

Armagh's Oisin McConville
29 September 2010

Oisin McConville will be a notable absentee once again from the Crossmaglen team for Saturday's Armagh SFC semi-final replay against St. Patrick's, Cullyhanna.

The former Armagh All-Ireland winning forward missed last weekend's drawn clash after receiving a retrospective four-week ban for alleged verbal abuse of a referee during a recent Monaghan league game, and will once again be confined to the role of spectator in Silverbridge on Saturday evening after his appeal was thrown out.

McConville was coaching Monaghan junior side Toome at the time and only realised there was a problem when he received a letter.

"Immediately I sought a hearing thinking that nothing would come of it. But in the meantime I had spoken to the referee who said I had verbally abused him," McConville told The Belfast Telegraph.

"I asked if I had used foul language and he said 'no'. I might have been raving and ranting at my own players, but I can't recall saying anything to the referee.

"I don't have too many years left playing football and all this stuff is breaking my heart as I never had any previous disciplinary problems. I'm certainly not in the business of abusing referees."

The prolific forward believes the GAA can learn a lot from rugby with regard to improving communication between players and referees.

"There the referee explains every decision. In GAA if you question a referee's decision you are likely to get a booking.

"But whereas in rugby there's a much better understanding between players and the referee, in the GAA it's very much a case of them and us," he added.

back off the net

Did tasker get off with his red card did anyone hear

ogshead

Quote from: back off the net on September 29, 2010, 06:36:21 PM
Did tasker get off with his red card did anyone hear

I thought you might know being a Cullyhanna man  ;)

tyroneman

Quote."There the referee explains every decision. In GAA if you question a referee's decision you are likely to get a booking. 

And if a ref explained his decisions here he would still get a mouthful of abuse. Until the attitude of the players/supporters/coaches changes it will always be like that

sammymaguire

Tis feisty on here lads, the Armagh brethren at odds with each other  :-\
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: sammymaguire on September 30, 2010, 08:12:38 AM
Tis feisty on here lads, the Armagh brethren at odds with each other  :-\

It's only between 2 clubs!  :-[

gander

Seen on the hoganstand web site yesterday that McGurn is working with the clare footballers next year, is he with armagh as well?

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: gander on September 30, 2010, 09:52:59 AM
Seen on the hoganstand web site yesterday that McGurn is working with the clare footballers next year, is he with armagh as well?

It can't be permanent... he's under contract with Armagh surely?

He was working with the Ulster contingent of the Ireland squad in Moy last night...

hound of ulster

anyone know how the div2 games went last night?

thewanderer

Quote from: gander on September 30, 2010, 09:52:59 AM
as abba would say " money money money " i think he will be with armagh next year.

AFS

Donal Murtagh's take on it. Sounds like McGurn might be drawing up a few training programmes and the likes for the Clare boys. Nothing that should affect his work in Armagh too much.

QuoteMurtagh adamant McGurn will stay

Thursday September 30 2010

ARMAGH selector Donal Murtagh is confident that renowned fitness trainer Mike McGurn will remain with the Orchard County in 2011, despite reports linking him with Clare.

Former Ireland rugby team trainer McGurn served in an advisory capacity to Clare and Kilmurry-Ibrickane manager Micheal McDermott during the Banner County outfit's run to this year's All-Ireland Club final defeat against Antrim's St Gall's.

But the Crossmaglen Rangers man is mystified by the reports stating that McGurn, who will also train Anthony Tohill's International Rules team, is going to be part of Clare's set-up for next season.

"I was talking to (Armagh manager) Paddy O'Rourke at the weekend and he never mentioned a thing about Mike going to Clare. If that was the case, I'm sure that Paddy would have said something about it," Murtagh said.

"Mike lives in Belfast and with the distance involved in travelling, I'd say that working with Clare would be a non-runner for him. As far as I was aware, Mike was going to be with Armagh for a few years, and the only way I could see him being involved with Clare would be merely on an advisory basis."

Irish Independent

Legs11

Quote from: hound of ulster on September 30, 2010, 11:01:01 AM
anyone know how the div2 games went last night?
Newtown beat the bridge by a point..bridge played all of there subs...

JMohan

Quote from: AFS on September 30, 2010, 12:17:50 PM
Donal Murtagh's take on it. Sounds like McGurn might be drawing up a few training programmes and the likes for the Clare boys. Nothing that should affect his work in Armagh too much.

ARMAGH selector Donal Murtagh is confident that renowned fitness trainer Mike McGurn will remain with the Orchard County in 2011, despite reports linking him with Clare.

Former Ireland rugby team trainer McGurn served in an advisory capacity to Clare and Kilmurry-Ibrickane manager Micheal McDermott during the Banner County outfit's run to this year's All-Ireland Club final defeat against Antrim's St Gall's.

But the Crossmaglen Rangers man is mystified by the reports stating that McGurn, who will also train Anthony Tohill's International Rules team, is going to be part of Clare's set-up for next season.

"I was talking to (Armagh manager) Paddy O'Rourke at the weekend and he never mentioned a thing about Mike going to Clare. If that was the case, I'm sure that Paddy would have said something about it," Murtagh said.

"Mike lives in Belfast and with the distance involved in travelling, I'd say that working with Clare would be a non-runner for him. As far as I was aware, Mike was going to be with Armagh for a few years, and the only way I could see him being involved with Clare would be merely on an advisory basis."

Irish Independent

When I saw this first I thought he had gone to Clare after the fall out from the Dublin game where Dublin just blew Armagh away physically.

It must be just a nixer or something like that.

naka

Quote from: JMohan on September 30, 2010, 03:19:40 PM
Quote from: AFS on September 30, 2010, 12:17:50 PM

Irish Independent

When I saw this first I thought he had gone to Clare after the fall out from the Dublin game where Dublin just blew Armagh away physically.

It must be just a nixer or something like that.
I would say he is trying to maximise income during the close season because he may be out of a job come next summer if the team doesnt shape up, i personally felt we weren`t in as good as shape as when mc closkey was about 
any news on the rumour hughie is pulling the plug on sponsoring the county and have we lined up anyone to replace justy mc nulty