Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokin Joe

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on September 28, 2010, 01:05:51 PM
Quote from: DuffleKing on September 28, 2010, 12:56:13 PM
Can you open a quoting of neutrals with a quote from crossfire lol?

Thought both deserved to walk myself

OK well he's not a Cullyhanna man then!

Its not a question of, as thewanderer put it, tainted glasses. I didn't see the Jamie Clarke sending off at all. For Robbie's I was brave distance away but there seemed to me to be a flaying of arms though I couldn't really make out whether that was by Robbie or someone else. It seemed more as though they were slapping at the chest area closer to where the ball was held than the face / head. I wouldn't really have been fit to make a definitive judgment either way though I was struck by the fact that a few neutrals (other than on here) did think he was unfortunate.

He shouldn't have been sent off IMO, but McCooey should have been.

1life 1club

obviously the wanderer knows robbie well enuf 2 call him a shithead.lol.is that the reason u tink he should have been sent off or is it because he deserved to go??  i had a perfect view of the incident and i was with a large contingence of the st pats supporters and i taut it was very harsh along with the rest..the cross player had the ball high up in his chest and 2 of  our players seemed to slap at it..more so gary mc c than rob..if clarke hadnt of got the line i think this debate wouldt be happening,,poor ref bending of for cross yet again..point of note,anytime our gk had a kick out the ref rushed him by blowing his whistle,,didnt happen for hearty,,he just kicked balls away.lol
full forward son

AFS

My view of the Tasker sending off was pretty good, I was more or less in line with the incident. This is my take on it, if anyone saw anything different fair enough, it wouldn't be the first time my memory has played tricks on me:

McKeown was in possession and awarded a free. Tasker and McCooey were hanging out of him and when the whistle was blown they went a bit mad trying to get the ball, presumably to stop a quick free kick or perhaps they thought St. Pat's had been awarded the free. Predictably enough, McKeown wasn't for just handing the ball over and a bit of a struggle ensued. In the struggle, McKeown may have got a knock on the face but I don't think there were any intentionally forceful blows. Of the two St. Pat's lads involved, McCooey was the main aggressor and if anyone went it should've been him. To send Tasker off and not take any action against McCooey at all made no sense, and only strengthens my suspicion that the main motivation behind the sending off was to even up the numbers as soon as possible after the previous contentious decision.

DuffleKing

On a general point, i thought it was another very good weekend for club football in armagh - i felt the same after quarter final weekend. club football in armagh is in decent order having seen quite a bit of football in neighbouring counties.

The two games were thoroughly enjoyable for different reasons. saturday looked like a break through to a county final for the young pretenders for long parts. Granemore have some very mobile dangerous and promising forward. Dromintee were excellent in the second half with 14 men and have to be commended for how ridiculously difficult they are to break down at the back and tackle brilliantly. very much a contrast to sunday's two teams.

Cullyhanna and cross went at each other from the start and it made for a fantastic spectacle. there was some great attacking football for 65 minutes. it was great to get a real good look at the potential of young tasker in senior football and some of the finishing on both sides was sublime.

whoever wins the replay on saturday, it'll be all out attack against stoic defense in the final. club football in armagh is very healthy i believe.

1life 1club

Quote from: AFS on September 28, 2010, 01:26:02 PM
My view of the Tasker sending off was pretty good, I was more or less in line with the incident. This is my take on it, if anyone saw anything different fair enough, it wouldn't be the first time my memory has played tricks on me:

McKeown was in possession and awarded a free. Tasker and McCooey were hanging out of him and when the whistle was blown they went a bit mad trying to get the ball, presumably to stop a quick free kick or perhaps they thought St. Pat's had been awarded the free. Predictably enough, McKeown wasn't for just handing the ball over and a bit of a struggle ensued. In the struggle, McKeown may have got a knock on the face but I don't think there were any intentionally forceful blows. Of the two St. Pat's lads involved, McCooey was the main aggressor and if anyone went it should've been him. To send Tasker off and not take any action against McCooey at all made no sense, and only strengthens my suspicion that the main motivation behind the sending off was to even up the numbers as soon as possible after the previous contentious decision.
hear hear,i wouldnt disagree..that was about right
full forward son

pintsofguinness

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on September 28, 2010, 09:30:15 AM
Quote from: twotwocharlie on September 28, 2010, 09:19:18 AM
all of the people all of the time.

do you guys go to matches to  watch  the game or just to find fault.

If Silverbridge club want to profit, quite legitimately, from organising a half-time draw, its hardly unreasonable for someone who buys a ticket to expect to be told whether they've won or not.

holy f**k!  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Got to hand it to you Tac, you've some neck on you....
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

the scenic route

Quote from: 1life 1club on September 28, 2010, 01:43:09 PM
Quote from: AFS on September 28, 2010, 01:26:02 PM

hear hear,i wouldnt disagree..that was about right

I didn see it myself was at the other end of the field but 4 or 5 told me McCooey was the one who should have went if anyone was for the line.
"Underneath that thin veneer of human civilisation, we're all just a bunch of fu*king animals"

crossfire

Quote from: back off the net on September 27, 2010, 09:03:02 AM
Cullyhanna where i thought the better team on the night played the better football over the  64 min.Tasker has to be one if not the best forwards in the county at the min and for a ref to send him off for nothing just to level matters up is very unfair for the paying supporter and off course cullyhanna.He took cross apart thoughout the whole game till he was wrongfully sent off.Ciaran mc keever was by far the best player on the field he is one off Irelands best footballers very cool on the ball passing spot on and not one cross player could knock him off should see him playing for Ireland very soon.Aaron was very poor along with mal mackin think this could be a part off the county problem Aaron has not got the guts when things get turned up a bit he does not want to take that big hit to me he is yellow and it showed yesterday.mal is a player that is very good or very bad he should be ruling midfield but could not get into uit at all yesterday all he done was foul and give away the ball.Im looking forward to the replay but i think tasker should be allowed to play its so unfair to keep a player like this on the side line for doing nothing.

You say Tasker was sent off for nothing.

What was Clarke sent off for.?

flog the lot

Quote from: crossfire on September 28, 2010, 02:01:02 PM
Quote from: back off the net on September 27, 2010, 09:03:02 AM
Cullyhanna where i thought the better team on the night played the better football over the  64 min.Tasker has to be one if not the best forwards in the county at the min and for a ref to send him off for nothing just to level matters up is very unfair for the paying supporter and off course cullyhanna.He took cross apart thoughout the whole game till he was wrongfully sent off.Ciaran mc keever was by far the best player on the field he is one off Irelands best footballers very cool on the ball passing spot on and not one cross player could knock him off should see him playing for Ireland very soon.Aaron was very poor along with mal mackin think this could be a part off the county problem Aaron has not got the guts when things get turned up a bit he does not want to take that big hit to me he is yellow and it showed yesterday.mal is a player that is very good or very bad he should be ruling midfield but could not get into uit at all yesterday all he done was foul and give away the ball.Im looking forward to the replay but i think tasker should be allowed to play its so unfair to keep a player like this on the side line for doing nothing.

You say Tasker was sent off for nothing.

What was Clarke sent off for.?

never seen the clarke incident but few people around me said he threw an elbow..

i also thought it was mccooey who seemed to be more guilty of anything than tasker..

TacadoirArdMhacha

Catch yourself on Pints. There's not a thing wrong with what I said and I couldn't have been plainer that there was nothing untoward about what Silverbridge were doing, simply that they should sort out their PA system. Is there anything about that which you disagree with or did you hear the announcement clearly from England?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

DuffleKing

I thought Tasker made contact higher up and more forcefully than McCooey.

Can they do a swap?

twotwocharlie

think everyone accepts that amp system was at fault on sunday.

so on saturday we are going to tattoo the winning number to the ref's arse for all to see.

IVEDECIDED

Especially if its Mc Clatcheys ass - then wel know the winner here in Lurgan! ;D

pintsofguinness

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on September 28, 2010, 02:13:28 PM
Catch yourself on Pints. There's not a thing wrong with what I said and I couldn't have been plainer that there was nothing untoward about what Silverbridge were doing, simply that they should sort out their PA system. Is there anything about that which you disagree with or did you hear the announcement clearly from England?
You'd swear you were never at a game with a dodgy PA system....
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

1life 1club

full forward son