Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twotwocharlie

all of the people all of the time.

do you guys go to matches to  watch  the game or just to find fault.

the scenic route

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on September 28, 2010, 08:33:22 AM
Quote from: flog the lot on September 28, 2010, 08:27:13 AM
Quote from: twotwocharlie on September 27, 2010, 10:47:56 PM
Half time draw WAS made.

Ticket no 800.

Can be claimed at the game on Saturday.

If not claimed £100 will go to Hospice Service

I'd assume it was but nobody on the Dundalk side of the side would have heard it as the PA system was fairly pathetic. There was a minute's silence at the start of the match that nobody caught on to for quite some time as they couldn't hear the announcement and the singer was a few lines into the anthem before anybody realised she was singing.

why was this ticket number not announched at the match on sunday?

PA system was giving trouble. Half time draw was called out however probably wasn heard.
"Underneath that thin veneer of human civilisation, we're all just a bunch of fu*king animals"

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: twotwocharlie on September 28, 2010, 09:19:18 AM
all of the people all of the time.

do you guys go to matches to  watch  the game or just to find fault.

If Silverbridge club want to profit, quite legitimately, from organising a half-time draw, its hardly unreasonable for someone who buys a ticket to expect to be told whether they've won or not.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

TacadoirArdMhacha

Armagh SFC Semi-Final Replay

St Patrick's v Crossmaglen Rangers

4.30pm Saturday 2nd October

Extra-time if necessary

DuffleKing

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on September 28, 2010, 09:34:35 AM

Extra-time if necessary

Back at the bridge?
Who's the ref?

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: DuffleKing on September 28, 2010, 09:39:17 AM
Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on September 28, 2010, 09:34:35 AM

Extra-time if necessary

Back at the bridge?
Who's the ref?

Yep, back at Silverbridge. No word of a referee yet.

AFS

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on September 28, 2010, 09:49:15 AM
No word of a referee yet.

From Centre Half:

Saturday 2 October
Senior Football Championship – Semi-final Replay (4.30)
Crossmaglen Rangers v St Patrick's (Ger Devlin) at Silverbridge
(Extra time, if required)

mackers

Both sets of players would want to keep the traps shut...............he's lethal on backchat.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Joxer

Some come down from Jimmy McKee.

He is one of the worst in the county.  A complete clown!

1life 1club

Quote from: Joxer on September 28, 2010, 11:30:17 AM

come down from jimmy mc kee??? ur avin a laugh,,he sent robbie of the other day for nothing,just to even things up..

full forward son

pearseog

Quote from: 1life 1club on September 28, 2010, 11:53:22 AM

come down from jimmy mc kee??? ur avin a laugh,,he sent robbie of the other day for nothing,just to even things up..

to be fair every neutral at the game said he deserved to go

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: pearseog on September 28, 2010, 12:11:23 PM
Quote from: 1life 1club on September 28, 2010, 11:53:22 AM

to be fair every neutral at the game said he deserved to go

Some neutral views;

Quote from: crossfire on September 26, 2010, 08:19:17 PM
A terrific game which neither team deserved to lose.
Both dismissals seemed a bit harsh and were no reflection on the game which was played in a very sporting manner throughout.
A very large attendance and no doubt the replay will again attract a very large gathering.
Congratulations to both teams on a great contest.

Quote from: AFS on September 26, 2010, 06:54:51 PM
Great entertainment there tonight. Last night's game was pure dross in comparison. Would've been even better had the two best forwards on show not been lined within a couple of minutes of each other. Didn't see Clarke's red (Cross' legion of subs were blocking my view), but I thought Tasker's was a joke and stank of a ref wanting to even things up.

Draw was probably a fair result, and no one could accuse the ref of playing for it. He allowed a good four or five minutes injury time with both teams getting opportunities to snatch it. Thought a couple of Cullyhanna's second half points were suspect - the one the ref had to overrule the umpires on and McKeever's at the end.

Wouldn't count out St. Pats completely in the replay, but I get the impression they'll miss Tasker more than Cross will miss Clarke.

Quote from: lemallon on September 26, 2010, 09:00:38 PM
Best game of football in Armagh in a long time. Some incredible scores and performances. Stephen Kernan and Aaron Cunningham for Cross in the first half. Robbie Tasker 2-3 (2-2 from play) before wrongly sent off and Ciaran Mc Keever througout the whole game was absolutely outstanding. Incredibly strong on the ball. Magnificent passing and tackling and two superb points from play. One of the great displays.

Real pity about the sending offs for the replay. Jamien Clarke obviously struck out at a back who had been constantly annoying him the whole game. No excuse but little protection offered to the forward. Up until then he had been amazingly quiet with Cross rarely feeding his corner. I think they saw the St Pats no 3 as a weak link as both Kernan and Cunningham caused havoc when placed at 14. Tasker was sent off almost straight away. From my viewpoint it looked like no 17 Mc Cooey who was also excellent by they way who did the majority of the striking and was more deserving of the card. Ridiculous poor discipline on their part at a time when they looked like certain winners.

A few reputations got a bit of a pounding this evening. Paul Kernan and Paul Mc Keown were both roasted. Very surprising that Cross didnt move James Morgan onto Tasker as im sure he would have marked him constantly in Armagh minor training. Kernan struggled badly with Mc Cooey who looks like a county potential player to me. Stephen Kernan looked back to his best however. As ever looked like hed great time on the ball and kicked some beautiful points. If playing like this definitely the answer to Armaghs No 11 problems. Tony was also good while Aaron I thought was fairly quiet.

Great battle between Mc Kenna and Mackin in midfield. Mc Kenna probably slightly shaded it but Pats did well to guide kickouts away from him in second half. Cross are struggling badly to find a partner for him. Johnny Hanratty not the answer. Overall tremendous game. Great crowd although the bank simply isnt steep enough. Impssible to see about 1/4 of the field. C Mc Keever. Take a bow.

DuffleKing

Can you open a quoting of neutrals with a quote from crossfire lol?

Thought both deserved to walk myself

thewanderer

tasker is a good player but a wee s--t head , he def deserved to go and most st pats people beside me agreed. tainted glasses son. ps mc kee did a good job

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: DuffleKing on September 28, 2010, 12:56:13 PM
Can you open a quoting of neutrals with a quote from crossfire lol?

Thought both deserved to walk myself

OK well he's not a Cullyhanna man then!

Its not a question of, as thewanderer put it, tainted glasses. I didn't see the Jamie Clarke sending off at all. For Robbie's I was brave distance away but there seemed to me to be a flaying of arms though I couldn't really make out whether that was by Robbie or someone else. It seemed more as though they were slapping at the chest area closer to where the ball was held than the face / head. I wouldn't really have been fit to make a definitive judgment either way though I was struck by the fact that a few neutrals (other than on here) did think he was unfortunate.