Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1life 1club

i tink granemore are a great bet at 11/10,  8)
full forward son

overthehill

To beat the Rangers in Ibrox...........it feels as if its nearly too much to ask!!

Anyway good luck boys know yez will do the jersey proud no matter what!!

Think Dromintee will come out on top in the other semi in a very tight one.  Dromintee must be delighted how they have slipped quietly under the radar thus far...think their name could be on it this year!!

fan01

can anyone tell me is the pearse og game on this weekend???

pearseog

Quote from: fan01 on September 24, 2010, 09:54:48 PM
can anyone tell me is the pearse og game on this weekend???

no its off

wats that 4 ref

i think granemore might just beat d`tee if there forward line clicks,d`tee depend 2 much on m o`rourke to get scores if he is snuffed out they half way there.
in the other game its hard to see past cross. if st pats start the way they did against maghery they might be in with a shout but only if they can maintain that 1st 10 min pace for the most of the game.

would love 2 see a g`more v st pats final then it would give armagh football a great lift as all teams will be thinking they can win the c`ship next year and the county would be better off for it ;)

torres

Quote from: wats that 4 ref on September 24, 2010, 11:30:51 PM
i think granemore might just beat d`tee if there forward line clicks,d`tee depend 2 much on m o`rourke to get scores if he is snuffed out they half way there.
in the other game its hard to see past cross. if st pats start the way they did against maghery they might be in with a shout but only if they can maintain that 1st 10 min pace for the most of the game.

would love 2 see a g`more v st pats final then it would give armagh football a great lift as all teams will be thinking they can win the c`ship next year and the county would be better off for it ;)
dromintee bt granemore by 4 .

fitzroyalty

Dromintee worthy winners. Physically superior and well disciplined in the tackle against a disappointing G'more forward line - epected much moreform them. D'tee played well despite being down to 14 for most of the game. Felt ref favoured Granemore slightly, Dyas  (i think) hauled down in front of posts in second half, had he scored would have put 4 in it but instead G'more went up and scored to narrow it to two. One or two other similar incidents. Not a great game of football, loads of stoppages but I'm sure Dromintee care loads.

bennydorano

Thought Dromintee's experience was the critical difference in this game, they just exuded calm and purpose in the 2nd half were as Granemore looked panicky.  Abbey park suited Granemore down to the ground v the Ogs, but the big open spaces of Cross seemed to detract from their effectiveness today.  The Dromintee fella sent off seemed to take a swipe at the linesman (not sure if he connected), dont know what his problem was either, he looked to me to have hit out twice for his red card - deserved it.  Dromintee had the 2 most effective players in  Dyas & Micael OR and plenty of other good performers

Granemore's day is coming thou, a good young side, they could do with a bit more physical presence somewhere in the FF line.

AFS

Quote from: bennydorano on September 25, 2010, 08:00:29 PM
Thought Dromintee's experience was the critical difference in this game, they just exuded calm and purpose in the 2nd half were as Granemore looked panicky.  Abbey park suited Granemore down to the ground v the Ogs, but the big open spaces of Cross seemed to detract from their effectiveness today.  The Dromintee fella sent off seemed to take a swipe at the linesman (not sure if he connected), dont know what his problem was either, he looked to me to have hit out twice for his red card - deserved it.  Dromintee had the 2 most effective players in  Dyas & Micael OR and plenty of other good performers

Granemore's day is coming thou, a good young side, they could do with a bit more physical presence somewhere in the FF line.

Thought he just gave him a harmless enough push myself. No call for that shit though.

1life 1club

think the eventual winners will some from the semi tomorow.. dromintee arnt that hot and if and thats a big if we beat cross we wouldnt fear them 1 bit..  any 50 50 calls tonight was got by dromintee. ;D

no doubt we will have full support from our neighbours the 'bridge' tomorow in ibrox..lol
scum ;D
full forward son

sean og

I hear oisin is out for tomorrow nite   

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: 1life 1club on September 25, 2010, 08:37:51 PM
think the eventual winners will some from the semi tomorow.. dromintee arnt that hot and if and thats a big if we beat cross we wouldnt fear them 1 bit..  any 50 50 calls tonight was got by dromintee. ;D

no doubt we will have full support from our neighbours the 'bridge' tomorow in ibrox..lol
scum ;D

A bit much?

Fair play to dromintee this evening. Hopefully they can go on and win in the final. 

TacadoirArdMhacha

Minor Championship Quarter-Final: St Patrick's 0-6 St Peter's 1-8

The Minor team's championship hops ran aground on Saturday afternoon when they fell to a more physically dominant St Peter's side in Cullyhanna. From the first throw in, it was clear that Cullyhanna were giving away quite a bit in height in most positions, however they did not allow this to intimidate them and took an early lead with a great Rory O'Neill point after 3 minutes. St Peter's soon replied however and two points, one from a free, put them in the lead. It was not until the 19th minute that Cullyhanna scored again when Sean Connell marauded forward from defence to kick a superb point after a Terry Conlon pass. By this stage St Pat's had gotten to grips with their opponents at midfield and were beginning to get on top in the match. It was particularly unfortunate therefore that at this juncture, full back Gareth Mackin was forced off the pitch due to an injury sustained following a late challenge.

After 26 minutes, Colm Hoey burst through the Lurgan defence threatening a goal but shot wide. Hoey wasted no time in making amends however when he collected a ball rebounding off the post and chipped it over the bar to put his side in front. Despite dominating possession at this stage, some wasteful shooting prevented Cullyhanna extending their lead and a rally from St Peter's late in the half resulted in 3 quick-fire points to put them 2 ahead. The final score of the half was to be finest however as Colm Hoey won possession at midfield, waltzed through the St Peter's defence before laying the ball off to Anton McCooey who kicked an excellent score.

After a competitive and hard-hitting half of football, St Pat's looked well-placed trailing by a single point (0-4 to 0-5) having faced a stiff breeze. The side had competed well at midfield considering the deficit in size and appeared to have every opportunity of progressing to semi-final.

Unfortunately, the exertions of the first half seemed to still affecting the home side as they struggled to contain their visitors early in the second period. From the early stages of the half, St Peter's raised their game considerably and signalled their intent with a goal effort which Gary Keenan had to push over the bar from point blank range. Gary was called into action again soon after when it took a heroically brave sprawling save to deny what appeared a certain goal. St Peter's had began to control play and seemed to lay siege to the Cullyhanna goal. The home side defended stoutly however two points in the middle of the half, one a pointed free and another fisted over, gave St Peter's a commanding four point lead. The match was over as a contest after 58 minutes when a St Peter's free dropped into the net for a goal. To their credit Cullyhanna rallied somewhat after conceding the goal with points from Rory O'Neill and substitute Aidan Conlon however St Peter's finished deserved winners on a scoreline of 1-8 to 0-6.

While the players will no doubt be desperately disappointed to have exited the championship, they can be proud of their efforts, particularly the magnificent victory over Crossmaglen in the previous round. Had a number of key players not been missing through injury, things could have been different but, with the large number of the players involved still under 16, hopefully they can look forward to more success at this grade in future years.

Starting XV: G Keenan; N Donnelly, G Mackin, P Savage; S Connell(0-1), D Mackin, C Connolly; C Hoey (0-1), K McCooey; T Conlon, A McCooey (0-1), P Mackin; A Nugent, R O'Neill (0-2), C Nugent. Subs Used: A Conlon (0-1)
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

TacadoirArdMhacha

Really looking forward to the match tomorrow night. Highlight of my sporting year so far without doubt.

Logic dictates that Cross should win this match with a bit to spare. They have the experienced men who know how to win championship matches and have seen it all before. None of our lads have ever played in a Senior semi-final before. Cross have Armagh's brightest prospect in their forward line along with a gluttony of intercounty footballers. They have literally dozens of Armagh medals amongst their side, the only Cullyhanna man ever to win an Armagh senior title had to don the amber and black to get his medals. They've lost one match in the League all year, we've lost 8. We haven't beaten them at senior level in years.

But yet I can't dislodge from my brain the possibility that we might have a chance. That's the beauty of sport I suppose. If Robbie Tasker manages to outscore Jamie Clarke it could get very interesting.

Up the Pat's!

As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead