Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Quote from: Piarsaigh Oga on September 13, 2010, 11:26:27 AM
Quote from: illdecide on September 13, 2010, 11:13:34 AM
Quote from: Piarsaigh Oga on September 13, 2010, 11:05:57 AM
I am definetly not condoning the actions of JP yesterday, seen the incident from the sideline but wat ur sayin tho about hitting the smallest and weakest lad on the clan na gael team is completely untrue, considering the lad was abot 6'3 and 14stone, and your also saying he wouldnt hit one of the bigger men from clans...y did they not go in and break up...clearly they were a little intimated by JP,they let their team mate take the punches!!
There was absolutely no need for the actions of JP dont get me wrong, it should never of happened...to be honest that was his first red card of the season as well...however fully deserved from what i could see!!!

You're 100% right although not about the 14 stone bit :D (he wishes). But yes the Og's men actually went in and helped the Clans man from the beating and as you say there were not too many in a blue jersey in helping him out from what i seen the two closest to him were 2 men not even stripped out trying to help out.

you clearly state that was his 1st of the season but what about the 3 red cards from last year and whatever reds he'd got previous to that ???

Yes true enough JPs not exactly had uneventful last few years regarding red cards, however the lad is always targeted now by rival teams in order to try and intimidate him to get him sent off,i.e looking for a reaction...which he had kept under control all year, and to be fair to him though he has had an unbelievable year this year! probably the ogs best and most consistent player all season!
If he is able to control his temper i thruely believe that he would walk on to the armagh team no problem at that!

But from another point hope the lads is ok!

Also witnessed a coupla of senior players and management from clans wait until JP walked past them and literally until he got to the other side of the pitch before they started to shouut vulger abuse at him!! could they not of done this when hes was closer to them..i.e walking past them on the sideline, when JP would have heard them!! ??? ???  I dont think so!!  :P

Clearly he can't control it and as for the men shouting and waiting until he was at the other side of the field well that's my point exactly
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

illdecide

One last point to make as i think this has now run it's course but i'd like to see JP's reaction if someone was to confront him in Lurgan where he's working and see would he be so keen to jump out of his mini digger and bust all round him there.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: illdecide on September 13, 2010, 12:02:34 PM
One last point to make as i think this has now run it's course but i'd like to see JP's reaction if someone was to confront him in Lurgan where he's working and see would he be so keen to jump out of his mini digger and bust all round him there.

Let us know how ye get on...  :D

winsamsoon

Piarsaigh Oga you start of by saying you are not condoning Donnellys actions but then you go on to do just that. What does it mater that no clans men backed him up (they were probably in shock) and what does it matter that people waited till he had passed to shout at him. The fact is he put a lad in hospital badly damaging his ribs and requiring stitches to the face.

The lad in question maybe 6ft 1 but he is of a very slender build and certainly is a very clean cut player and placid person in general. You seem to build Donnelly up to be some sort of hero figure that everyone is afraid of. I really don't know where this is coming from as he has never done anything special in any of the games i have witnessed. That is of course nothing construstive, he has thrown the back handers and the sneeky digs. You mention playing for Armagh, this is an absolute joke in itself. Imagine having the likes of him as a role model for children to look up to.

I have said this before and clearly the county board missed their chance to send out a clear message with the Nugent incident(with the silly sentence they imposed) hardly fitting for the crime. although the severity of the injuries are less i would have this guy up in court for a barabaric attack. This type of behaviour is unacceptable on the street never mind on the field of play. It is not about threatening people or me looking to fight him or anyone else for that matter it is about dignity, respect and manners of which this guy is clearly lacking in all departments. His club should take matters into theri own hands and send him down the road to cage fighting or some other thing where he can maybe be constructive.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

fitzroyalty

I'm all for good hard hitting football but what happened yesterday was a disgrace. 100% unprovoked and our player simply didnt expect it. Easily one of the most unsavoury incidents i've witnessed in a game of football.  It took away from what was a good attacking game between both teams. I seriously hope he gets a ban though I won't hold my breath. There wasn't so much as a tick issued against any other player the whole match which shows the spirit in which the other players on both sides wished to play in. As for Donnelly playing for Armagh, thought he had his chance but walked out?

Any craic

IVEDECIDED

crossfire

Donnelly always behaves himself against Cross and Cullyhanna. ;)

DuffleKing

Who'd be putting manners on him for cross?

lolafrola

Quote from: crossfire on September 14, 2010, 10:38:53 AM

Ach now crossfire that's a bit childish, what are you trying to state. That you men up there are harder and how dare anyone hit you :D Wise up. JP Donnelly busted R Kelly last year too and JP is still alive (it was another cowardly attack on a young fella)
Be nice to the people you meet on the way up, because you may meet them on the way back down.

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: lolafrola on September 14, 2010, 11:57:52 AM

Ach now crossfire that's a bit childish, what are you trying to state. That you men up there are harder and how dare anyone hit you :D Wise up. JP Donnelly busted R Kelly last year too and JP is still alive (it was another cowardly attack on a young fella)

That's lies. Kelly was giving as good as he got that day

Scarface

JP's a wild man for sure...very lucky to not get sent off against Granemore - got yella for a heavy tackle on Benny Rafferty then hit a guy a box in face in front of linesmen - dunno how he got away with that one...am surprised Clans fellas stood and watched - thats not the best....it never matters how tough a fella is on football field when the free for all starts - anyone can fell you and you may not even know a thing about it...Clans should have evened the score I think...

lolafrola

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on September 14, 2010, 12:48:42 PM
Quote from: lolafrola on September 14, 2010, 11:57:52 AM

That's lies. Kelly was giving as good as he got that day

Well I'll take that back then as i wasn't there and you clearly were. But JP still thumped him you can't deny that and he's at it most matches, the facts don't lie and there is no defending that. Do some of you OG's players not tell him to wise up and just play football as he's not a bad footballer (not county standard but a good club player). He'd need to watch himself as the St Pats or Cross men will give him is comeuppance ;)
Be nice to the people you meet on the way up, because you may meet them on the way back down.

The Iceman

He definitely needs to clean up his game - great footballer and doing well it would seem in his new role.
I don't think JP would worry about too many boys on the field - I seen him take on a couple of belfast hoods one had a machete, in the arena car park back in the day - clean mad but have all the time in the world for him.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

lolafrola

Quote from: The Iceman on September 14, 2010, 03:54:31 PM
He definitely needs to clean up his game - great footballer and doing well it would seem in his new role.
I don't think JP would worry about too many boys on the field - I seen him take on a couple of belfast hoods one had a machete, in the arena car park back in the day - clean mad but have all the time in the world for him.

Where does he bury his dead :D he sounds like Chuck Norris :D