Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throw ball

Not a big hurling fan but was at county final today. Keady won 13 - 9. The Keady no.7 was sent off on two yellows in the second and Cuchulainns took over and had enough chances to win. The greater experience and guile carried Keady through. Declan Coulter hit a post late on and also had one saved by the keeper.

illdecide

Quote from: gaapunter on September 12, 2010, 10:40:27 AM
Quote from: IVEDECIDED on September 11, 2010, 12:35:00 PM
Davitt park is now the sole responsibility of the Clans and not the CB - so county teams will just have to find a new training pitch!

You are incorrect yet again Ivedecided- the county board will have use of the pitch for training- its part of the 99 year lease agreement and they still have input into davitt park field commitee

Sorry to burst your bubble there saan but the county team will not be allowed to train at Davitt Park...fact.However, they can play a game there when they want providing we're not at home...fact
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

illdecide

Quote from: winsamsoon on September 12, 2010, 06:34:08 PM
I hear mr j p donnelly was at his work again today and put one of the clans lads in hospital.

Yes sir, JP was at it again. I thought I'd seen it all in all my years of playing senior football but what JP done today was disgraceful, the man was running about the field like a lunatic and a time bomb waiting to explode. He's a big man beating young lads or other fellas who wouldn't hit him back but i wonder would he be so brave to mix it with a guy his own size willing to go toe to toe with him...

In Fairness to the rest of the Ogs lads they agreed it was disgraceful behaviour and said he was a nut case, they wished the lad well afterwards.

winsamsoon

If he was a team mate of mine I would tell him to head out the gate and not come back. Thugs like that have no place on a Gaelic pitch. tr**p of the highest order.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

IVEDECIDED

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on September 12, 2010, 12:54:15 PM
Quote from: illdecide on September 11, 2010, 03:06:48 PM
Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on September 11, 2010, 02:53:09 PM
Quote from: winsamsoon on September 11, 2010, 11:13:32 AM
Just another little small point BC the development of Davitt is funded by the members of our club and through governmental sports grants.

Does the redevelopment include spectator facilities and if so, is it envisaged that these would be up to County standard? Any further details about the nature of the development planned, timescales etc?

Davitt Park has been out of the loop for too long when it comes to National League matches.

Rufus the 1st phase is the new pitch with the stadium to follow, with a bit of luck this will follow next year but Nelson McCausland will call that but TBH the way the economy is going it will be touch and go if it happens next year (fingers crossed) but when it does happen it will have roughly 850 seats and provision for about 50 disabled areas within the stands. The total capacity would be around 9000 when complete with all new turnstyles and a complete revamp of Davitt Park. The new pitch has been redone completely with state of the art drainage and surface. There is 4 new lighting columns in each corner of the ground very similar to the Athletic Grounds lights (probably a grade below them but up to county standard. 500 lux) as well as a new 3G playing surface 40m x 35m behind the existing clubhouse and a similar size grassed area along side that also for warm ups training etc.

Not that I don't admire the ambition of the project but is there any real need for a 9,000 capacity stadium in Lurgan?

How often will be it filled?

Why does it need to be filled all the time?? And why is there more of a need for one in Cross?? Lurgan is 10 times the size of Cross!! For 60 years Davitt park was host to all sorts of matches form college games to championship games, national league games, ulster club games etc etc. Its strategically placed being central to most counties and has a train service! So the question is - why hasnt Lurgan had a 9,000 capacity facility long before now??? DICK

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on September 12, 2010, 10:36:16 PM
Just another little small point BC the development of Davitt is funded by the members of our club and through governmental sports grants.

Does the redevelopment include spectator facilities and if so, is it envisaged that these would be up to County standard? Any further details about the nature of the development planned, timescales etc?

Davitt Park has been out of the loop for too long when it comes to National League matches.

Rufus the 1st phase is the new pitch with the stadium to follow, with a bit of luck this will follow next year but Nelson McCausland will call that but TBH the way the economy is going it will be touch and go if it happens next year (fingers crossed) but when it does happen it will have roughly 850 seats and provision for about 50 disabled areas within the stands. The total capacity would be around 9000 when complete with all new turnstyles and a complete revamp of Davitt Park. The new pitch has been redone completely with state of the art drainage and surface. There is 4 new lighting columns in each corner of the ground very similar to the Athletic Grounds lights (probably a grade below them but up to county standard. 500 lux) as well as a new 3G playing surface 40m x 35m behind the existing clubhouse and a similar size grassed area along side that also for warm ups training etc.

Not that I don't admire the ambition of the project but is there any real need for a 9,000 capacity stadium in Lurgan?

Why does it need to be filled all the time?? And why is there more of a need for one in Cross?? Lurgan is 10 times the size of Cross!! For 60 years Davitt park was host to all sorts of matches form college games to championship games, national league games, ulster club games etc etc. Its strategically placed being central to most counties and has a train service! So the question is - why hasnt Lurgan had a 9,000 capacity facility long before now??? DICK

It doesn't need to be filled all the time. What I'm wondering is, will it ever be filled given that the only matches within Armagh likely to attract crowds of more than 5,000, i.e. NFL fixtures and County finals, would appear to be ear-marked for the Athletic Grounds in Armagh for the considerable future?

And the manner in which you express says much more about you than it does about me.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Wee Shea

Quote from: illdecide on September 12, 2010, 09:35:03 PM
Quote from: winsamsoon on September 12, 2010, 06:34:08 PM
I hear mr j p donnelly was at his work again today and put one of the clans lads in hospital.

Yes sir, JP was at it again. I thought I'd seen it all in all my years of playing senior football but what JP done today was disgraceful, the man was running about the field like a lunatic and a time bomb waiting to explode. He's a big man beating young lads or other fellas who wouldn't hit him back but i wonder would he be so brave to mix it with a guy his own size willing to go toe to toe with him...

In Fairness to the rest of the Ogs lads they agreed it was disgraceful behaviour and said he was a nut case, they wished the lad well afterwards.

Who did he hit from the Clans? Are they ok?

IVEDECIDED

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on September 12, 2010, 10:40:01 PM
Quote from: IVEDECIDED on September 12, 2010, 10:36:16 PM

It doesn't need to be filled all the time. What I'm wondering is, will it ever be filled given that the only matches within Armagh likely to attract crowds of more than 5,000, i.e. NFL fixtures and County finals, would appear to be ear-marked for the Athletic Grounds in Armagh for the considerable future?

And the manner in which you express says much more about you than it does about me.

Oh take that back right now!!

I know what your saying but who cares if its never filled it will be there if its ever needed. It will maybe be used for ulster club finals etc and maybe the odd championship game. I know the athletic grounds is the main pitch and im glad it is. It means Davitt is ours!!!!

Mack the finger

Great Win for Keady. Dug deep and got the result.
Cuchulianns played well in the last 15 minutes but greater experience and nerve
from Keady got them through. Mcshane and Burke were
stand outs for Keady. Good to see a decent crowd at
a county final poorly advertised (as usual) from the county
board. Cuchulianns haven't won a championship in 21 years
but are improving all the time and should be contesting again
next year. Good contest but An CĂ©ide abu!

lolafrola

I wasn't at the match but i was having a few pints last night with a fella who was playing against the Og's yesterday and he said what JP Donnelly done yesterday would have resulted in arrest and prison if he'd have done that out in the street. Now from what i hear this man has been sent off at least 2-3 times a season every season and i think it's time the county board banned this thug from games until he learns to control himself.

The clans man told me JP got his fill of it against a Clans man last year in Davitt Park and didn't go back looking more so maybe he's just a bully and likes to pick on vulnerable lads who's not going to bust him back, he also said when the Og's men were breaking it up he heard one of the OG's guys saying "F**k i thought he was going to hit me too" what sort of ballbag is he.
Be nice to the people you meet on the way up, because you may meet them on the way back down.

IVEDECIDED

This lad has been a p***k as long as I can remember playing against him (Harps & Ogs) he takes the field in the complete wrong mindset and often is throwing his fists about early doors without provocation. Armagh division 1 football has always had its unsavoury charachters, but this lad is dangerous and will hurt some young lad someday unless hes dealt with at board level and by his club who should make an example of him. He was also abusive to his own players and the management. A f**king idiot let the truth be told. (I hope he reads this)

He had ample opportunity yesterday to hit out at some of our bigger lads especially since one or two of them let him know they were about, but he didnt, chosing to mouth at them instead. Then he punches one of the most fragile lads on the park at least 6-8 times in the face. What a hero!

Piarsaigh Oga

I am definetly not condoning the actions of JP yesterday, seen the incident from the sideline but wat ur sayin tho about hitting the smallest and weakest lad on the clan na gael team is completely untrue, considering the lad was abot 6'3 and 14stone, and your also saying he wouldnt hit one of the bigger men from clans...y did they not go in and break up...clearly they were a little intimated by JP,they let their team mate take the punches!!
There was absolutely no need for the actions of JP dont get me wrong, it should never of happened...to be honest that was his first red card of the season as well...however fully deserved from what i could see!!!

illdecide

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on September 13, 2010, 10:11:28 AM

This lad has been a p***k as long as I can remember playing against him (Harps & Ogs) he takes the field in the complete wrong mindset and often is throwing his fists about early doors without provocation. Armagh division 1 football has always had its unsavoury charachters, but this lad is dangerous and will hurt some young lad someday unless hes dealt with at board level and by his club who should make an example of him. He was also abusive to his own players and the management. A f**king idiot let the truth be told. (I hope he reads this)

He had ample opportunity yesterday to hit out at some of our bigger lads especially since one or two of them let him know they were about, but he didnt, chosing to mouth at them instead. Then he punches one of the most fragile lads on the park at least 6-8 times in the face. What a hero!

Yes agree with most of your post and that JP Donnelly guy needs a taste of his own medicine but the Clans man that got hit is by no means fragile, he's 6'1" and has been playing senior football for about 7-8 years now and is well capable of defending himself on the field the problem is when a guy attacks you and you have your arms down by your side and you don't know it's coming then you have no chance whatsoever too defend yourself and thats what happened yesterday.

illdecide

Quote from: Piarsaigh Oga on September 13, 2010, 11:05:57 AM
I am definetly not condoning the actions of JP yesterday, seen the incident from the sideline but wat ur sayin tho about hitting the smallest and weakest lad on the clan na gael team is completely untrue, considering the lad was abot 6'3 and 14stone, and your also saying he wouldnt hit one of the bigger men from clans...y did they not go in and break up...clearly they were a little intimated by JP,they let their team mate take the punches!!
There was absolutely no need for the actions of JP dont get me wrong, it should never of happened...to be honest that was his first red card of the season as well...however fully deserved from what i could see!!!

You're 100% right although not about the 14 stone bit :D (he wishes). But yes the Og's men actually went in and helped the Clans man from the beating and as you say there were not too many in a blue jersey in helping him out from what i seen the two closest to him were 2 men not even stripped out trying to help out.

you clearly state that was his 1st of the season but what about the 3 red cards from last year and whatever reds he'd got previous to that ???

Piarsaigh Oga

Quote from: illdecide on September 13, 2010, 11:13:34 AM
Quote from: Piarsaigh Oga on September 13, 2010, 11:05:57 AM

You're 100% right although not about the 14 stone bit :D (he wishes). But yes the Og's men actually went in and helped the Clans man from the beating and as you say there were not too many in a blue jersey in helping him out from what i seen the two closest to him were 2 men not even stripped out trying to help out.

you clearly state that was his 1st of the season but what about the 3 red cards from last year and whatever reds he'd got previous to that ???

Yes true enough JPs not exactly had uneventful last few years regarding red cards, however the lad is always targeted now by rival teams in order to try and intimidate him to get him sent off,i.e looking for a reaction...which he had kept under control all year, and to be fair to him though he has had an unbelievable year this year! probably the ogs best and most consistent player all season!
If he is able to control his temper i thruely believe that he would walk on to the armagh team no problem at that!

But from another point hope the lads is ok!

Also witnessed a coupla of senior players and management from clans wait until JP walked past them and literally until he got to the other side of the pitch before they started to shouut vulger abuse at him!! could they not of done this when hes was closer to them..i.e walking past them on the sideline, when JP would have heard them!! ??? ???  I dont think so!!  :P