Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam of the Sarsfields

Quote from: crossfire on September 10, 2010, 11:29:19 AM
Quote from: Sam of the Sarsfields on September 09, 2010, 02:42:29 PM
Well one way or the other Cullyhanna won't have to deal with playing Cross in the final.

I'm sure I could find someone to take a bet with ya! I fancy us very strongly. We've been going relatively well in Div 1 this year, we could have gotten second season syndrome but we held our own against some of the big teams and although we've found ourselves in a bit of a relegation fight I think we'll have enough to pull through.

Our full forward line has been hard to stop in the championship to date and I think Cullaville will struggle with that too whilst I hope we can deal with their threat up front.
Few of my trasna mates would be high rolling gamblers so I'm sure we could strike a deal!

It's nice to hear you saying something constructive for a change.

I feel so vindicated now.

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: 1life 1club on September 09, 2010, 08:19:02 PM
gettin bored of this talk bout where it should be played,,and who mentioned the marshes??? thats crap,taking our county final to another county,especially down.i would be in favour of a neutral ground but who cares,the best team should come through in the end..how many times were dublin turned over and spanked in croker in recent years..lol ;D

Technically the Marshes is in Armagh!  8)

crossfire

Only half of Pairc Esler is in Armagh, so if Cross get to the final we can play seven a side in the Armagh part of the field. :)

Uladh

Onion Bag

Ballymacnab beat St Peters tonight in Div 2

2-15
2-07

Nab have won the league, heading for top flight football next season, few pints tonight in o tooles
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

ogshead

Quote from: Onion Bag on September 10, 2010, 10:14:39 PM
Ballymacnab beat St Peters tonight in Div 2

2-15
2-07

Nab have won the league, heading for top flight football next season, few pints tonight in o tooles

Well done the Nab!!

winsamsoon

Of the opinion myself that is is a disgrace that the final is held in Cross given the fact that Cross are almost certainly in the final each year. But i don't think this is the fault of cross. It is the fault of the disastrous county board. Having played against cross in cross on a county final day these are the wee advantages they gained before throw in. They didn't have to travel to the game so they could come down at their leisure where as we had an hours drive in a bus (a nice one at that lol) They had the benefit of their own changing rooms and surroundings and of course they were playing on the pitch they train and play on all year so anyone who says it isn't an advantage is way of the mark. But as i say it is out of the hands of cross and sole responsibilitiy should lie with the county board.

Just another little small point BC the development of Davitt is funded by the members of our club and through governmental sports grants. The CB are no longer the big chiefs of Davitt. It is the available funding that will be holding up Davitt and not the CB.  I think the less decisions they have to make the better . Have to say though the pitch is coming along well.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

IVEDECIDED

Davitt park is now the sole responsibility of the Clans and not the CB - so county teams will just have to find a new training pitch!

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: winsamsoon on September 11, 2010, 11:13:32 AM
Just another little small point BC the development of Davitt is funded by the members of our club and through governmental sports grants.

Does the redevelopment include spectator facilities and if so, is it envisaged that these would be up to County standard? Any further details about the nature of the development planned, timescales etc?

Davitt Park has been out of the loop for too long when it comes to National League matches.

illdecide

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on September 11, 2010, 02:53:09 PM
Quote from: winsamsoon on September 11, 2010, 11:13:32 AM
Just another little small point BC the development of Davitt is funded by the members of our club and through governmental sports grants.

Does the redevelopment include spectator facilities and if so, is it envisaged that these would be up to County standard? Any further details about the nature of the development planned, timescales etc?

Davitt Park has been out of the loop for too long when it comes to National League matches.

Rufus the 1st phase is the new pitch with the stadium to follow, with a bit of luck this will follow next year but Nelson McCausland will call that but TBH the way the economy is going it will be touch and go if it happens next year (fingers crossed) but when it does happen it will have roughly 850 seats and provision for about 50 disabled areas within the stands. The total capacity would be around 9000 when complete with all new turnstyles and a complete revamp of Davitt Park. The new pitch has been redone completely with state of the art drainage and surface. There is 4 new lighting columns in each corner of the ground very similar to the Athletic Grounds lights (probably a grade below them but up to county standard. 500 lux) as well as a new 3G playing surface 40m x 35m behind the existing clubhouse and a similar size grassed area along side that also for warm ups training etc.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: illdecide on September 11, 2010, 03:06:48 PM
Rufus the 1st phase is the new pitch with the stadium to follow, with a bit of luck this will follow next year but Nelson McCausland will call that but TBH the way the economy is going it will be touch and go if it happens next year (fingers crossed) but when it does happen it will have roughly 850 seats and provision for about 50 disabled areas within the stands. The total capacity would be around 9000 when complete with all new turnstyles and a complete revamp of Davitt Park. The new pitch has been redone completely with state of the art drainage and surface. There is 4 new lighting columns in each corner of the ground very similar to the Athletic Grounds lights (probably a grade below them but up to county standard. 500 lux) as well as a new 3G playing surface 40m x 35m behind the existing clubhouse and a similar size grassed area along side that also for warm ups training etc.

Thanks for that - very interesting. Hope it all goes well!!   

Onion Bag

Any news on the junior semi finals?
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

el_cuervo_fc

Tullysaran winning by 5 points at the minute

Smokin Joe

Quote from: Onion Bag on September 11, 2010, 06:24:10 PM
Any news on the junior semi finals?

Tullysaran won by 7 and Grange won by a good few as well.

gaapunter

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on September 11, 2010, 12:35:00 PM
Davitt park is now the sole responsibility of the Clans and not the CB - so county teams will just have to find a new training pitch!

You are incorrect yet again Ivedecided- the county board will have use of the pitch for training- its part of the 99 year lease agreement and they still have input into davitt park field commitee