Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mackers

Quote from: Aghdavoyle on September 09, 2010, 01:00:42 PM
Playing the county final in cross if they are involved is another in a catelogue of disgraceful incidents of pandering to crossmaglen in the last ten years.

If the county board's answer is that its the only county ground available, then it is tantamount to putting their hands up and admitting they are incompetant fools. Everyone knew a year ago the athletic grounds and davitt would be closed. it is very simple to pass any number of other grounds in the county as a county venue - carrickcruppen for one. further, its is quite simple to get a ground passed under short notice as armagh have done a few times in the past with crossmaglen and carrickcruppen.

County final venue being a county ground is not in fact decreed from the official guide. It is adopted, or not, within county byelaws. each county makes it's own byelaws.

taking that all into consideration, the county executive have options in front of them.
1 - fix the final for cross
2 - have carrickcruppen passed (again) as a county ground3 - fix the final for some other county ground - the marshes, dowdal's hill, blayney, etc.

3 would obviously be an embarrassment for them but they should have had a bit of foresightedness.

By the way, arguing that Cross playing the ogs in the athletic grounds last year is the same thing are wide of the mark. the athletic grounds are the county grounds and no club plays there. i doubt more than a handful of ogs players would have played a senior game in the athletic grounds when it was a home venue for them.
How viable is this?
I presume that health & safety is getting tighter every year and it has been a while since Cruppen was used a county ground. 2002 is the last time I remember, although I may be wrong.
Holding the final in Cross, though far from ideal, is the only option.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Sam of the Sarsfields

Well one way or the other Cullyhanna won't have to deal with playing Cross in the final.

I'm sure I could find someone to take a bet with ya! I fancy us very strongly. We've been going relatively well in Div 1 this year, we could have gotten second season syndrome but we held our own against some of the big teams and although we've found ourselves in a bit of a relegation fight I think we'll have enough to pull through.

Our full forward line has been hard to stop in the championship to date and I think Cullaville will struggle with that too whilst I hope we can deal with their threat up front. Few of my trasna mates would be high rolling gamblers so I'm sure we could strike a deal!

TacadoirArdMhacha

Cross aren't going to be in the final so the debate is somewhat irrelevant.  :)

As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Sam of the Sarsfields

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on September 09, 2010, 02:56:44 PM

Cross thrive on that sort of attitude.

brokencrossbar1

Attaboy TAC, that's the spirit!!!  Granemore v Maghery final then?

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Sam of the Sarsfields on September 09, 2010, 02:58:55 PM

Cross thrive on that sort of attitude.

Ah f**k! Don't tell me I've just handed the Rangers another county championship by this internet post?!
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

lolafrola

You could have Cruppin as a county ground but the Newry & Mourne would probably limit the crowd to about 1000-1200 patrons for H&S reasons, they catagerise grounds and factor their facilities (or lack of them) and anticipated crowd and then they set an actual attendance figure for that ground and obviously because it's a final you get almost every Gael from the county attending hence the 5000-7000 strong crowds at some previous finals. It wouldn't make much sense for the CB to fix a final for Cruppin to have 1000 people at it and loose about £40-50k.

The match is in Cross so just get over it, next year when it's back the Athletic Grounds then you can go and win it there beating Cross in the final.

Semi finals attract a decent crowd but no way near the capacity expected at a county final ::). Sarsfields man you should keep all your talking for after your final (by the way i hope you lot win)
Be nice to the people you meet on the way up, because you may meet them on the way back down.

Aghdavoyle

Quote from: lolafrola on September 09, 2010, 03:31:53 PM
You could have Cruppin as a county ground but the Newry & Mourne would probably limit the crowd to about 1000-1200 patrons for H&S reasons, they catagerise grounds and factor their facilities (or lack of them) and anticipated crowd and then they set an actual attendance figure for that ground and obviously because it's a final you get almost every Gael from the county attending hence the 5000-7000 strong crowds at some previous finals. It wouldn't make much sense for the CB to fix a final for Cruppin to have 1000 people at it and loose about £40-50k.

The match is in Cross so just get over it, next year when it's back the Athletic Grounds then you can go and win it there beating Cross in the final.

Semi finals attract a decent crowd but no way near the capacity expected at a county final ::). Sarsfields man you should keep all your talking for after your final (by the way i hope you lot win)

What a crock of shit that is.

If you're gonna try and contribute have a good think before you type. o and don't pull mystical figures out of your hole ffs

lolafrola

Ahh quit your yapping FFS, if you get to the final then you'll have to play Cross in Cross. As far as Cruppin is concerned there is only one side of the ground allowed to view the match and because of the loose debris the crowd would be minimal so put that in your pipe and smoke it, yes the figures were pulled out of my hole :D but i can guarantee you they'll not be far away from actual figures that someone else just pulled from their hole (or their Stadia Safety-Red Book ;))
Be nice to the people you meet on the way up, because you may meet them on the way back down.

mackers

Quote from: Aghdavoyle on September 09, 2010, 04:28:35 PM
Quote from: lolafrola on September 09, 2010, 03:31:53 PM

What a crock of shit that is.

If you're gonna try and contribute have a good think before you type. o and don't pull mystical figures out of your hole ffs
You are suggesting that the county board make Cruppen a "county ground" so that it can hold a final, do you know what they have to do to make it one? What health & safety regulations would they have to meet? I don't know how easy it that would be, do you?
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

1life 1club

gettin bored of this talk bout where it should be played,,and who mentioned the marshes??? thats crap,taking our county final to another county,especially down.i would be in favour of a neutral ground but who cares,the best team should come through in the end..how many times were dublin turned over and spanked in croker in recent years..lol ;D
full forward son

topgun

anyone got updated league tables  armagh website nt up to date!!
a prophet is not recognised by his own

ogshead

Quote from: ogshead on September 06, 2010, 09:41:29 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on September 06, 2010, 07:26:23 PM
Quote from: ogshead on September 04, 2010, 09:32:18 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on September 04, 2010, 08:13:04 PM
Well done Granemore, more than deserving winners, Ogs very very poor. Granemore's nippy forwards caused the Ogs all sorts of probs in the first half, Ogs wiped out around the middle.

Ogs might have had their eye on the bigger prizes ahead, heard talk of 'giving Ulster a good go this year', if that's the type of mindset it's not suprising they came unstuck.

Thet's bullshit... I never heard such talk from any Ogs man!! It was very much about trying to win back to back championships

Eh, maybe you should have been concentrating on Granemore not 'back to backs' nevermind Ulsters.  And i can assure you it's not bullshit.

Alright then... name and shame there!! Who said about targeting Ulsters??

No reply then Benny  :-X

bennydorano

I was goin easy seein as you have been embarrassed enough this past fortnight, what with seniors & minors (both fancied for county titles/backtobacks/ ulsters) coming to inglorious ends. I wouldnt want to heap further shame on said individual/s.

crossfire

Quote from: Sam of the Sarsfields on September 09, 2010, 02:42:29 PM
Well one way or the other Cullyhanna won't have to deal with playing Cross in the final.

I'm sure I could find someone to take a bet with ya! I fancy us very strongly. We've been going relatively well in Div 1 this year, we could have gotten second season syndrome but we held our own against some of the big teams and although we've found ourselves in a bit of a relegation fight I think we'll have enough to pull through.

Our full forward line has been hard to stop in the championship to date and I think Cullaville will struggle with that too whilst I hope we can deal with their threat up front.
Few of my trasna mates would be high rolling gamblers so I'm sure we could strike a deal!

It's nice to hear you saying something constructive for a change.