Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

all fellow maniacs are welcome on this board.  :D
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Wee Shea

Quote from: winsamsoon on September 07, 2010, 07:38:30 PM
Caref fitz you run the risk of becoming the second most egomaniac on the board for stating opinions on the delegation battle  :D

They are fighting to assign responsibility to their subordinates?

winsamsoon

Very good shea I trully made a Cnut of that one lol trying to type on an iPod touch with fat fingers, predictive text and all the rest lol
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

mrenergizer

Anybody any pics/updates on the new athletic grounds?

mackers

No pics.....but the stand has come on very well in the last few weeks......starting to take shape.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Sam of the Sarsfields

Granemore V Dromintee

Crossmaglen V Maghery/Cullyhanna

Odds courtesy of Paddy Power:

Crossmaglen 1/8
Dromintee 7/1
Granemore 10/1
Cullyhanna 16/1
Maghery 16/1
Ballymacnab 25/1

Although I do believe it's a cert, I wasn't expecting Cross to be that short! a bit short on Ballymacnab too, it should be more like 25 million to one given their current circumstances.

Wee Shea

When and who was the last side to win Div 1 before Cross?

1life 1club

Quote from: Wee Shea on September 08, 2010, 10:48:26 PM
When and who was the last side to win Div 1 before Cross?
we won it in 2002,, ;D
full forward son

el_cuervo_fc

Did Clans win it about 4 years ago?

DuffleKing

Cullyhanna, dromintee and clans (x2 maybe) have won it in the last 7/8 years i think?

Wee Shea

Cross are ridiculously short there at 1/8.

Looks like Powers haven't realised Dromintee have beat Nab as the two of them are still the same price they were before the weeekend, vlue to be had there in backing Dromintee especially playing Granemore in the next round.

I think if Cross meet Dromintee in the final, Cross won't be 1/8, they will be a bigger price.

Sam of the Sarsfields

I see on armaghgaa.net there that the Championship Final is fixed for Crossmaglen.

This is nothing short of scandalous. Granted they're not in the final yet but it is highly likely that they will be and the County board are giving them an advantage yet again.

They train on that ground, they play there week in week out and they'll have all their home support in their own back yard if they reach the final. This is surely worth 3 points at least to any team. How can this be allowed to happen? There are many other grounds capable of holding the game, shouldn't it be a neutral ground, decided on as and when the finalists are known?

I doubt there is any other county in Ireland where this sort of thing goes on.

Armagh CĂșchulainns

Quote from: Sam of the Sarsfields on September 09, 2010, 11:00:13 AM
I see on armaghgaa.net there that the Championship Final is fixed for Crossmaglen.

This is nothing short of scandalous. Granted they're not in the final yet but it is highly likely that they will be and the County board are giving them an advantage yet again.

They train on that ground, they play there week in week out and they'll have all their home support in their own back yard if they reach the final. This is surely worth 3 points at least to any team. How can this be allowed to happen? There are many other grounds capable of holding the game, shouldn't it be a neutral ground, decided on as and when the finalists are known?

As i referred to in the hurling thread, county finals are to be played in county grounds.

Although there is a number of grounds capable of holding it two of the three potential grounds are under development and are unavailable.
Its all about the Hurling.

brokencrossbar1

Because we told the county board they had to play the Final in Cross and that was that ::)

Sam of the Sarsfields

Quote from: Armagh CĂșchulainns on September 09, 2010, 11:05:56 AM

As i referred to in the hurling thread, county finals are to be played in county grounds.

Although there is a number of grounds capable of holding it two of the three potential grounds are under development and are unavailable.

Rubbish, why does it have to be in a county ground? Surely this is not something that should be a concrete rule in the interest of keeping a level playing field for all the participants.

Carrickcruppen, for one, is capable of hosting this game, they've hosted county games before.