Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winsamsoon

Don't think any senior championship games were ever won in a bookies so the odds they quote mean fcuk all

I think cross are certs for the championship . Dromintee imo simply aren't good enough in a lot of areas, cullyhanna share the same flaws. Maghery are too light to beat cross but play a good brand of football . The only team i feel can put it up to cross is Granemore, the reason i say this is because i haven't seen much of them and going by the result at the weekend and the comments about their performances i am willing to place them at number two . If i had to rate  the teams left in the championship in terms of winning it at the moment it would be as follows

Cross 9/10 - Very tight defence when at the top of the game and plenty of scoring forwards. Small chink in the armour would be the midfiled,. Gave them 9 because there is always a chance.

Granemore- 7/10   A decent forward line and midfield could possibly secure enough possession at midfield to trouble the cross.

Cullyhanna- 6/10- Not enough scoring forwards too reliant on MC Keever and Mackin. Any decent team should contain them up front and notch up enough scores to win.

Dromintee 6/10 - A team that had potential but always failed to fulfil it. Too reliant on a few individual players that can't seem to stand up and be counted for big games. This could have been down to a psychological barrier with the cross and i may have to eat these words but i feel their defense is dodgy enough and not enough scoring forwards.

Maghery 6/10- Will try all day and run all day but will be too light in defence and around the middle. May edge the game with Cullyhanna because of their pace and scoring forwards but can be very wasteful up front at times (plus the two lads missing won't help them)  I would fancy cross to beat them by at least 7

That's how i see it anyway lads i look forward to the scathing attacks  ;) :D :D
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

bennydorano

Quote from: ogshead on September 04, 2010, 09:32:18 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on September 04, 2010, 08:13:04 PM
Well done Granemore, more than deserving winners, Ogs very very poor. Granemore's nippy forwards caused the Ogs all sorts of probs in the first half, Ogs wiped out around the middle.

Ogs might have had their eye on the bigger prizes ahead, heard talk of 'giving Ulster a good go this year', if that's the type of mindset it's not suprising they came unstuck.

Thet's bullshit... I never heard such talk from any Ogs man!! It was very much about trying to win back to back championships

Eh, maybe you should have been concentrating on Granemore not 'back to backs' nevermind Ulsters.  And i can assure you it's not bullshit.

ogshead

Quote from: bennydorano on September 06, 2010, 07:26:23 PM
Quote from: ogshead on September 04, 2010, 09:32:18 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on September 04, 2010, 08:13:04 PM
Well done Granemore, more than deserving winners, Ogs very very poor. Granemore's nippy forwards caused the Ogs all sorts of probs in the first half, Ogs wiped out around the middle.

Ogs might have had their eye on the bigger prizes ahead, heard talk of 'giving Ulster a good go this year', if that's the type of mindset it's not suprising they came unstuck.

Thet's bullshit... I never heard such talk from any Ogs man!! It was very much about trying to win back to back championships

Eh, maybe you should have been concentrating on Granemore not 'back to backs' nevermind Ulsters.  And i can assure you it's not bullshit.

Alright then... name and shame there!! Who said about targeting Ulsters??

Harold Disgracey

I believe Ollie Hearty was at his work again on Sunday. He sent off a Tir na nOg player for refusing to tell the supporters to refrain from questioning his ability as a referee.

1life 1club

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 06, 2010, 03:03:14 PM
Quote from: lolafrola on September 06, 2010, 02:32:21 PM
Quote from: fitzroyalty on September 06, 2010, 01:22:21 PM
Quote from: Scarface on September 06, 2010, 10:46:56 AM
"hughes and toner had a great battle at midfield with toner only really coming into it late on."

This is simply not true - Toner was excellent from start to finish....Ogs had no answer to him.
Correct. Toner bossed midfield. McClelland was excellent aswell considering his circumstances.

Can't see past Cross regaining their title. I think the biggest threat will come from Cullyhanna if they overcome Maghery. Think they'll relish a good go at Cross. Dromintee will no doubt choke if they get to the final. Granemore were impressive though that was against a poor Ogs side, so its hard to judge them. Their forwards are unreal though and will cause any team problems.

I don't know about that Fitzie, Dromintee and St Pats will fancy their chances against Cross. After the Og's beating Cross last year a few teams would have a bit more beliefe now, Dromintee are vastly experienced and i think they could be the surprise winners this year. St Pats are 2-3 players short of a good team.

Would agree there about Dromintee, I reckon it is there's to lose this year.  It is set up for them as Cross are not as strong as they have been, St Pat's/Maghery I just think are a small bit short.  Granemore though could be the winners as there is nothing expected of them.  the thing is though can they cope with the tag of the team that beat the Ogs?  How will Dromintee deal with the "champions elect" label that they will no doubt pick up?
wat is this chap smoking,wouldnt wana jinx our boys but if we got over maghery dromintee would be the team ud like in the draw.they couldnt win it when they had a better team than they have now..thats my opinion..theirs to lose.lol :D
full forward son

Triggerhappy

judging by what i watched on sat afternoon, i would be looking for Dromintee in the Semis. Granted they were missing barry shannon and kevin dyas but if ballymacnab had a decent midfield they would have beaten dromintee. Dromintee were dominant in this area for large parts of the game and very econimical with their scores but ballymacnab should have had them buried. Granemore would be more than fit for both cullyhanna (proven last year) and dromintee. I havent seen maghery this year so cant comment on them and Cross are Cross but again are more vunerable than in previous years but i still cant see them losing this years championship. If the draw works out i predict a granemore v cross final.

Sam of the Sarsfields

Quote from: winsamsoon on September 06, 2010, 05:28:23 PM
Don't think any senior championship games were ever won in a bookies so the odds they quote mean fcuk all

I think cross are certs for the championship . Dromintee imo simply aren't good enough in a lot of areas, cullyhanna share the same flaws. Maghery are too light to beat cross but play a good brand of football . The only team i feel can put it up to cross is Granemore, the reason i say this is because i haven't seen much of them and going by the result at the weekend and the comments about their performances i am willing to place them at number two . If i had to rate  the teams left in the championship in terms of winning it at the moment it would be as follows

Cross 9/10 - Very tight defence when at the top of the game and plenty of scoring forwards. Small chink in the armour would be the midfiled,. Gave them 9 because there is always a chance.

Granemore- 7/10   A decent forward line and midfield could possibly secure enough possession at midfield to trouble the cross.

Cullyhanna- 6/10- Not enough scoring forwards too reliant on MC Keever and Mackin. Any decent team should contain them up front and notch up enough scores to win.

Dromintee 6/10 - A team that had potential but always failed to fulfil it. Too reliant on a few individual players that can't seem to stand up and be counted for big games. This could have been down to a psychological barrier with the cross and i may have to eat these words but i feel their defense is dodgy enough and not enough scoring forwards.

Maghery 6/10- Will try all day and run all day but will be too light in defence and around the middle. May edge the game with Cullyhanna because of their pace and scoring forwards but can be very wasteful up front at times (plus the two lads missing won't help them)  I would fancy cross to beat them by at least 7

That's how i see it anyway lads i look forward to the scathing attacks  ;) :D :D

Bookies odds don't mean f*ck all, they follow the money. So it's generally a good idea of what people who are prepared to put cash on the line believe what's going to happen. Of course they are wrong sometimes, thats the beauty of sport but they are right most of the time.

Is there a bigger egomaniac on the board than Winsamsoon? He states firstly that he's barely seen some of the contenders, therefore knows little about them, then he continues to give a detailed rating on each team left in the competition. Does he think his opinion is valued so much that we are prepared to accept guesswork and hearsay as good analysis?

Winnie Peg

It has to be said that Armagh club football is awful and other than Cross the rest wouldn't make a good intermediate team in another county.

DuffleKing

You may feel that you have to say it but i thought the football at the weekend was good. Harps didn't make a contest of the last game but other than that there was some great stuff played.

lolafrola

Quote from: Winnie Peg on September 07, 2010, 10:46:23 AM
It has to be said that Armagh club football is awful and other than Cross the rest wouldn't make a good intermediate team in another county.

Now you're talking Winnie ::) I'm sure you're some footballer yourself ;)
Be nice to the people you meet on the way up, because you may meet them on the way back down.

winsamsoon

Is there a bigger egomaniac on the board than Winsamsoon? He states firstly that he's barely seen some of the contenders, therefore knows little about them, then he continues to give a detailed rating on each team left in the competition. Does he think his opinion is valued so much that we are prepared to accept guesswork and hearsay as good analysis?
[/quote]

Firstly i think you are misunderstanding the purpose of a discussion board. It will be a collection of people views from all walks of life discussing topics. They will each have different opinions and look at things from different perspectives, hence the debate.

Secondly i have seen all  the teams that are still involved in the senior championship this year, but may not have seen them all in the championship. I have also played against them for the last ten years so i think my detailed account would be based on my personal experiences .

Thirdly by posting up my OPINIONS on the teams left in the championships i was inviting debate on the issue. I can clearly see though that you haven't got the intelligience to discuss or debate the issue at hand. This is evident as your only post has been a personal attack on me. Try debating the issues instead of sitting back reading posts and then deciding to attack people. It isn't rocket science so give an opinion on the fourthcoming games . I'm not into these personal attacks

lolafrola

Be nice to the people you meet on the way up, because you may meet them on the way back down.

Sam of the Sarsfields

Quote from: winsamsoon on September 07, 2010, 03:18:55 PM

Firstly i think you are misunderstanding the purpose of a discussion board. It will be a collection of people views from all walks of life discussing topics. They will each have different opinions and look at things from different perspectives, hence the debate.

Secondly i have seen all  the teams that are still involved in the senior championship this year, but may not have seen them all in the championship. I have also played against them for the last ten years so i think my detailed account would be based on my personal experiences .

Thirdly by posting up my OPINIONS on the teams left in the championships i was inviting debate on the issue. I can clearly see though that you haven't got the intelligience to discuss or debate the issue at hand. This is evident as your only post has been a personal attack on me. Try debating the issues instead of sitting back reading posts and then deciding to attack people. It isn't rocket science so give an opinion on the fourthcoming games . I'm not into these personal attacks
[/quote]

The old 'this is a discussion board' argument. Original.

1life 1club

any betting for the ifc final???

tink culloville cud shade it,even though they ave fallen at this hurdle a couple of times in recent years
full forward son

winsamsoon

Caref fitz you run the risk of becoming the second most egomaniac on the board for stating opinions on the delegation battle  :D