Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewanderer

Quote from: nrico2006 on September 01, 2010, 09:14:03 AM
What was the scores in the hurling semis?
think the score was 1/10 to 1/8 however worringly for the cuchulains is that they only scored 1 point from play. but im sure their not too concerned at this stage.

1life 1club

Quote from: thewanderer on September 01, 2010, 09:16:17 AM
think maghery where happy to get it moved to try and have forkers available for the q/f which the new date would allow. however they forgot about the fact that a player must serve a one game suspension in the particular competition they where sent off in which will rule them out of the st pats game. harps/cross game still going ahead on hurling final day.

only 1 of the forkers are missing the game against us as i heard last nite the ref put 1 of the sendings of down as 2 yellows..sumthing similar to the kernan incident with cross recently..
the way armagh football isrun in general is a joke..y has there been no b league games since maybe 8weeks????
full forward son

nrico2006

Quote from: thewanderer on September 01, 2010, 09:20:55 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on September 01, 2010, 09:14:03 AM
What was the scores in the hurling semis?
think the score was 1/10 to 1/8 however worringly for the cuchulains is that they only scored 1 point from play. but im sure their not too concerned at this stage.

What was the score in the other match?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

lolafrola

Quote from: 1life 1club on September 01, 2010, 10:30:15 AM
think maghery where happy to get it moved to try and have forkers available for the q/f which the new date would allow. however they forgot about the fact that a player must serve a one game suspension in the particular competition they where sent off in which will rule them out of the st pats game. harps/cross game still going ahead on hurling final day.

only 1 of the forkers are missing the game against us as i heard last nite the ref put 1 of the sendings of down as 2 yellows..sumthing similar to the kernan incident with cross recently..
the way armagh football isrun in general is a joke..y has there been no b league games since maybe 8weeks????

Hardly surprising at all, the ref's in Armagh need to grow a set of testicles. i heard the only four teams definitely through to the knockout stages of the B Leagues are Dromintee, Armagh Harps, Pearse Og's and Clan na Gael with another four places still to be decided.

Be nice to the people you meet on the way up, because you may meet them on the way back down.

pearseog

Quote from: lolafrola on September 01, 2010, 11:28:16 AM
Quote from: 1life 1club on September 01, 2010, 10:30:15 AM

Hardly surprising at all, the ref's in Armagh need to grow a set of testicles. i heard the only four teams definitely through to the knockout stages of the B Leagues are Dromintee, Armagh Harps, Pearse Og's and Clan na Gael with another four places still to be decided.

really annoying too..coz only a miracle from what ive been told will prevent us and clans playing in the quarters and we are just waiting on other teams. Our section was very well run though might i add. We had all our games completed by the start of july.

thewanderer

dont know why paul kernan is being discussed as he is currently serving his suspension, as was seen on sunday nite v ogs.

JUst retired

Both Maghery players were sent off with straight reds. The Maghery club are well aware neither of them can play in the next c/ship game. It was not put off for that reason We do not ask or do we expect favours from ref`s in the case of sendings off. If you do the crime etc.

Wee Shea

21/10 Nab 15/2 Dromintee 4/9
7/2 Granemore 9/1 Pearse Ogs 2/9
1/10 Cross 14/1 Harps 5/1

Paddy Power must not know there is another match on

bredaghgael

This years event will take place in the Wellington Park Hotel, Belfast, on Thursday 16th Sept.

Confirmed guests: 

Mickey Harte - Manager of Tyrone when they won all 3 of their All Irelands

Mick O'Dwyer - 4 All Irelands as a player, 8 as a manager.

Joe Brolly -  RTE TV pundit, 2 time All Star & All Ireland winner with Derry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKYycF8xb_c

We are still in negotiations with a number of other guests and their agents/Wags.  Names will be released in the next couple of days.

MC for the evening will be Jerome Quinn (well know GAA journalist).

Admission - £10 BY TICKET ONLY which gets you into a draw for All Ireland Final tickets.

Doors open at 8.15pm with a 8.30pm start - get there early as numbers are limited due to fire regulations, the common agricultural policy or some such thing.

The event is sponsored by First Trust Bank

el_cuervo_fc

::) This sort of shit does my head in.  Does it really have to be posted in 7 different places?

crossfire

Quote from: flog the lot on August 25, 2010, 04:43:49 PM
Quote from: centrefield on August 23, 2010, 12:57:05 PM
Quote from: fan01 on August 22, 2010, 10:07:46 PM
cross won well tonight against dromintee. cross had one of the kernan sent off towards the end of the game.

paul kernan it was..straight forward decision by ref to send him off - elbow in the face

heard that this has been reduced to 2 yellows.. how are cross always able to get away with stuff like this!

I have just looked at some of your previous posts and discovered that you are from Cullyhanna....oh my god. :o
The irony of a balloon from Cullyhanna complaining about the leniency of the punishment for an alledged transgression ???

How many of your players got suspended following the affray against the Bridge 3 or 4 years ago in the intermediate championship.? ::)

1life 1club

Quote from: Wee Shea on September 01, 2010, 06:48:46 PM
21/10 Nab 15/2 Dromintee 4/9
7/2 Granemore 9/1 Pearse Ogs 2/9
1/10 Cross 14/1 Harps 5/1

Paddy Power must not know there is another match on
the st pats maghery match isnt on for 2 weeks,,the odds will be back up a week b4 that match id say,,bar one have the best odds for gaa matches anyways..try them
full forward son

1life 1club

Quote from: crossfire on September 01, 2010, 09:50:40 PM
Quote from: flog the lot on August 25, 2010, 04:43:49 PM
Quote from: centrefield on August 23, 2010, 12:57:05 PM
Quote from: fan01 on August 22, 2010, 10:07:46 PM
cross won well tonight against dromintee. cross had one of the kernan sent off towards the end of the game.

paul kernan it was..straight forward decision by ref to send him off - elbow in the face

heard that this has been reduced to 2 yellows.. how are cross always able to get away with stuff like this!

I have just looked at some of your previous posts and discovered that you are from Cullyhanna....Oh my god. :o
The irony of a balloon from Cullyhanna complaining about the leniency of a punishment for an alledged transgression ???

How many of your players got suspended following the affray against the Bridge 3 or 4 years ago in the intermediate championship.? ::)
taking up sumthing that happened in 2005?? pety if u ask me..lol.
we had 1 lad sent that day long before the affray as u put it..he served his suspension..

full forward son

bennydorano

Paul Kernan will be serving his ban from what I've heard (much to my suprise I must say).

If PK is absent that would be a significant boost for us as i would imagine Francie will head back to FB, 2 years ago in the semi in the Athletic Grounds he was cleaned by Beefer and K Kelly and a different ref could have lined him for his persistent fouling.  Cross are obviously huge favourites but we can give them a game;  we've played games this year were we've been fantastic for 15 or 20 mins and then played woeful for the rest of the game, if we can play well and maintain that over the hour we have a slim chance - if Cross get a good start we could be screwed.

At the minute I still think  the champ is the Ogs to lose, although there's potential there for an upset this weekend, Granemore have hit a nice run of form and have had 2 high tempo legue games in recent weeks against teams that are more than the equal of anything in Division 1 while the Ogs have been footering about with half teams in the league.   

crossfire

Quote from: bennydorano on September 01, 2010, 10:26:46 PM
Paul Kernan will be serving his ban from what I've heard (much to my suprise I must say).

If PK is absent that would be a significant boost for us as i would imagine Francie will head back to FB, 2 years ago in the semi in the Athletic Grounds he was cleaned by Beefer and K Kelly and a different ref could have lined him for his persistent fouling.  Cross are obviously huge favourites but we can give them a game;  we've played games this year were we've been fantastic for 15 or 20 mins and then played woeful for the rest of the game, if we can play well and maintain that over the hour we have a slim chance - if Cross get a good start we could be screwed.

At the minute I still think  the champ is the Ogs to lose, although there's potential there for an upset this weekend, Granemore have hit a nice run of form and have had 2 high tempo legue games in recent weeks against teams that are more than the equal of anything in Division 1 while the Ogs have been footering about with half teams in the league.

Why is it a surprise.?