Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winsamsoon

Could well be el . There are lads that sustain serious injuries and miss more than that, I would say young Nugent will miss more than that.  If it is the case that 48 weeks is the maximum ban then this severely needs looked at.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

crossfire

Quote from: winsamsoon on August 26, 2010, 03:16:18 PM
Fair enough crossfire

On the incident with young nugent a 48 weeks ban is a joke for such an act of thuggery. Anyone know how that young lad is getting on?

He played against Culloville last weekend.

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: winsamsoon on August 26, 2010, 04:22:44 PM
Could well be el . There are lads that sustain serious injuries and miss more than that, I would say young Nugent will miss more than that.  If it is the case that 48 weeks is the maximum ban then this severely needs looked at.

I think that's what quantifies a "lifetime ban".

lolafrola

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on August 26, 2010, 04:30:54 PM

No Shane Genusi got a 96 week ban 4 years ago(approx). don't know if it goes any higher than that
Be nice to the people you meet on the way up, because you may meet them on the way back down.

wats that 4 ref

Quote from: winsamsoon on August 26, 2010, 03:16:18 PM
Fair enough crossfire

On the incident with young nugent a 48 weeks ban is a joke for such an act of thuggery. Anyone know how that young lad is getting on?
yes keano has got the all clear thankfully and being the lad he is was back training straight away and started the championship game with clann eireann,took a hefty knock 1st 5 mins and bounced back up again and hasnt looked back since. he then played up in cullaville and was maybe the best player we had on the day with both teams just going through the motions before the championship.

winsamsoon

Glad to hear that thought thatlad would have been out for far longer
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

thewanderer

48 weeks is not the term of life ban. maybe wishfull thinking el u something bad planned.

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: thewanderer on August 27, 2010, 02:30:33 PM

48 weeks is not the term of life ban. maybe wishfull thinking el u something bad planned.

I'd say that would definitely retire me

bennydorano

Harps beat Wolfe Tones by 4 tonight at Eire Og's pitch.  You'll be hard pushed to find a worse game this year.  Thought WT's had sneaked a draw at the end but Hearty gave a square ball and we went up and got another point, if we had've lost/drew it would have been hard to take, we missed enough chances in the first half to win 2 games.  Awful lot of things going to have to come right in one week if we are to give Cross a game.

charlie stubbs

Quote from: bennydorano on August 27, 2010, 09:37:53 PM
Harps beat Wolfe Tones by 4 tonight at Eire Og's pitch.  You'll be hard pushed to find a worse game this year.  Thought WT's had sneaked a draw at the end but Hearty gave a square ball and we went up and got another point, if we had've lost/drew it would have been hard to take, we missed enough chances in the first half to win 2 games.  Awful lot of things going to have to come right in one week if we are to give Cross a game.

agree benny we didnt turn up first 20 mins esp.  sat back and admired the harps gave a bit of fist of it in 2nd half.  there appears be mental block with some of our players and results show that ie havent beat a team above them this year. we have played some excellent stuff this year believe it or not, but none of it at eire og.  pitch awful doesnt help, i havent saw a good game there all year tbh.  dont no if it was a square ball or not we deserved nothing though so would have been cruel on harps.  think ur umpire gave the squareball and hearty backed up the decision. all the best for the remainder of the league and with next weeks game.  could be silmiliar scenario to last year in div 2..

Wee Shea

Culloville Sarsfields intermediate final.

From what I hear the Peters were seven points up against Culloville but ended up getting bate by six.

ardchieftain

So, division 1 teams contest the final, hardly a surprise. And before anyone cites last year,  iwould put that down as a freak result.
Should division 1 teams not be playing senior ?
I know this was debated on orchard county but no majority consensus was reached if memory serves me correctly.

Anyway, after great deliberation i have decided to cheer for an Armagh legend tomorrow against the Ulster team. Come on Geezer's boys !!

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: ardchieftain on August 29, 2010, 01:52:07 AM
So, division 1 teams contest the final, hardly a surprise. And before anyone cites last year,  iwould put that down as a freak result.
I know this was debated on orchard county but no majority consensus was reached if memory serves me correctly.

Anyway, after great deliberation i have decided to cheer for an Armagh legend tomorrow against the Ulster team. Come on Geezer's boys !!

Undoubtedly yes, they should but there doesn't seem to be the appetite for a radical overhaul of the current flawed system.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

charlie stubbs

the system down football has in place a good one imo.all div 1 plus top 4 in div 2 senior championship.chana should never been in intermediate 2 or 3 years ao won it at a canter and should won ulster imo, but maybe shows poor standard across our own county that didnt.cullaville also dropped down after being beat by clans in replay which think was bit of farce!hope they dont choke again though!

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: charlie stubbs on August 29, 2010, 12:14:19 PM

the system down football has in place a good one imo.all div 1 plus top 4 in div 2 senior championship.chana should never been in intermediate 2 or 3 years ao won it at a canter and should won ulster imo, but maybe shows poor standard across our own county that didnt.cullaville also dropped down after being beat by clans in replay which think was bit of farce!hope they dont choke again though!

To be fair we failed to win the intermediate 3 times prior to 2008 so we couldn't have been that far ahead. Albeit I admit that a team finished 3rd in division 1 and winning an intermediate championship is a bit of a farce. Culloville have been trying unsuccessfully to win the championship for quite a few years as well.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead