Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flog the lot

Quote from: centrefield on August 23, 2010, 12:57:05 PM
Quote from: fan01 on August 22, 2010, 10:07:46 PM
cross won well tonight against dromintee. cross had one of the kernan sent off towards the end of the game.

paul kernan it was..straight forward decision by ref to send him off - elbow in the face

heard that this has been reduced to 2 yellows.. how are cross always able to get away with stuff like this!

winsamsoon

Seen this happening in friendly games where the ref has just put it down as two yellows but never through official league channels. Perhaps this was an appeal?
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

crossfire

Quote from: flog the lot on August 25, 2010, 04:43:49 PM
Quote from: centrefield on August 23, 2010, 12:57:05 PM
Quote from: fan01 on August 22, 2010, 10:07:46 PM
cross won well tonight against dromintee. cross had one of the kernan sent off towards the end of the game.

paul kernan it was..straight forward decision by ref to send him off - elbow in the face

heard that this has been reduced to 2 yellows.. how are cross always able to get away with stuff like this!

It shouldn't have even been a yellow. Kernan got the ball stood his ground and yer man clattered in to him and went down as if he had been shot.

By the way when did Cross last get away with stuff like this as you put it

winsamsoon

Crossfire i wasn't at it so couldn't possibly comment on the incident but did Kernan receive a red on the day for two yellows and later have it rescinded by appeal or what was the story?

Aghdavoyle

Straight red and can't see there being any way out of it for cross. wasn't at the game but the "dromintee view" on it has been unanimously that it was a filthy challenge

thewanderer

it would seem strange that cross would try after the match to get the referee to change the straight to a second yellow especially with it going to get mentioned to a lot of clubs. think the ccc will have a field day if this has happened. but as said cant see cross doing that ;)

Sam of the Sarsfields

Several Cross people told me after the game that Paul Kernan had gotten a straight red although they obviously disputed whether it was warrented or not. According to them it wasn't that dirty, I didn't see it I'm sure some Dromintee lads will put the other case forward. Nonetheless, warrented or not it was definitely a straight red, P Kernan had not received a yellow before the incident so there can be no confusion.

Obviously Cross have pressured the referee into changing this, what are the impications of this for Cross' upcoming championship match? I assume P Kernan should have been suspended for the Harps game and now will be allowed to play? Are there any Harps posters on here raging with this, surely they have grounds to put forward some sort of complaint? I'd be seething.

BerfArmagh

To be honest, whats the point in complaining, it will go no where... County board is a joke. Hopefully the Harps team that I know can play decent ball turn up and dump them out.

on that note, its all gone very very quiet about that incident involving the young fella getting his jaw broke a number of months back. Did any sanctions ever happen??

crossfire

Quote from: winsamsoon on August 25, 2010, 10:38:40 PM
Crossfire i wasn't at it so couldn't possibly comment on the incident but did Kernan receive a red on the day for two yellows and later have it rescinded by appeal or what was the story?

WSS. He got a straight red.
I did not hear anything locally about it being reduced other than what has been said on here, so i can't comment on that.

crossfire

Quote from: Aghdavoyle on August 25, 2010, 11:04:20 PM

Straight red and can't see there being any way out of it for cross. wasn't at the game but the "dromintee view" on it has been unanimously that it was a filthy challenge

What was the "dromintee view" on the challenge by Vincy Martin on one of our players earlier in the game which went unpunished.?

lolafrola

Quote from: BerfArmagh on August 26, 2010, 10:30:15 AM
To be honest, whats the point in complaining, it will go no where... County board is a joke. Hopefully the Harps team that I know can play decent ball turn up and dump them out.

on that note, its all gone very very quiet about that incident involving the young fella getting his jaw broke a number of months back. Did any sanctions ever happen??

The lad from Culloville recieved a 48 week ban and that was the end of it.
Be nice to the people you meet on the way up, because you may meet them on the way back down.

1life 1club

any 1 know were we could get a bet on for this weekends ifc semi final matches???? ;D
full forward son

winsamsoon

Fair enough crossfire

On the incident with young nugent a 48 weeks ban is a joke for such an act of thuggery. Anyone know how that young lad is getting on?

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: winsamsoon on August 26, 2010, 03:16:18 PM
Fair enough crossfire

On the incident with young nugent a 48 weeks ban is a joke for such an act of thuggery. Anyone know how that young lad is getting on?

Is that not the maximum ban?

fan01

Quote from: crossfire on August 26, 2010, 11:03:46 AM
Quote from: Aghdavoyle on August 25, 2010, 11:04:20 PM

What was the "dromintee view" on the challenge by Vincy Martin on one of our players earlier in the game which went unpunished.?

He was issued a yellow card for that incident.