Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Candyman

Ogs are getting it tight now... 3-14 0-3!!!! :-O

RESULT: 3-15 0-5

downtown

All level in Maghery game, dont no score.

Another sent of for Maghery. Got the updates from Orchard county

winsamsoon

I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

fitzroyalty

Took in the C/Eireann - Maghery match. Not suprising there were four men sent off tbh. Two notoriously dirty teams with an inept referee. Bit of a melee after 6 or 7 mins which saw Stefan Forker (wrongfully IMO) sent off for Maghery and Shanks & McConville for Clann Eireann. Low scoring in the second half, C/E up 6-2 at one stage but Maghery fought back to level at ht.

Second half saw another Maghery man sent off (one of the Forkers) to even things up. Nip and tuck there after. Maghery pulled two ahead in the last 5 and were probably deserved winners in the end. Had C/E focused on football they'd have won.

RealSpiritof98

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on August 13, 2010, 03:57:24 PM
Any handicap odds illdecide, a bit much to ask but i think Mullabawn might be a bit of + points value tonight.

I know my stuff, ;) >:( anyone got the ogs line up

BenDover

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on August 14, 2010, 10:05:03 PM
Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on August 13, 2010, 03:57:24 PM
Any handicap odds illdecide, a bit much to ask but i think Mullabawn might be a bit of + points value tonight.

I know my stuff, ;) >:( anyone got the ogs line up
Kinnso
Mccoy
Jp
Barton
Turley
Raffo
Duff
Dd
Hughesy
Moorso
Decy mcauley
Ginger
Shorty
Ross
Cully

winsamsoon

Think cross should now be about 1/12 for the championship

1life 1club

took in the ogs game last nite,,fair enuf they played sum mighty football and still should be favourites to win the county again,,but mullaghbawn were absolutly crap,they wouldnt win the junior c,ship..they were beat before the throw in..must add e mc nulty got a severe roasting from k.hughes..and alsowhen you see sum of the duds on the county panel it makes u wonder why the likes of shorty clarke arnt playing for armagh..paul duffy was immense last nite. ;D
full forward son

bennydorano

Cullyhana won 1.16 to 0.9, clans poor but a good disciplined & organised performance by cullyhana - worthy of note as joe mcmanus wud say!

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: bennydorano on August 15, 2010, 03:40:35 PM
Cullyhana won 1.16 to 0.9, clans poor but a good disciplined & organised performance by cullyhana - worthy of note as joe mcmanus wud say!

Thought we played really well this afternoon. Much the better side throughout.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

winsamsoon

Yes much the better team and a fair result. No 12 for cullyhanna got the run of the field and was always an outlet for the defence thought he had a very good game. Cullyhanna far more ruthless up front and the clans were very wasteful but i don't think it would have mattered. Clans big players didn't perform but fair play to Cullyhanna deserved winners good luck in the next round.

Not amused by a couple of Wolfe Tones dickheads with Cullyhanna colours on. If the sole ambition of the Tones is to hate the clans then i actually feel sorry for them. Neutrals from North armagh wearing the colours of a south Armagh team, never seen the likes of it.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: winsamsoon on August 15, 2010, 04:26:22 PM
Yes much the better team and a fair result. No 12 for cullyhanna got the run of the field and was always an outlet for the defence thought he had a very good game. Cullyhanna far more ruthless up front and the clans were very wasteful but i don't think it would have mattered. Clans big players didn't perform but fair play to Cullyhanna deserved winners good luck in the next round.

Not amused by a couple of Wolfe Tones d**kheads with Cullyhanna colours on. If the sole ambition of the Tones is to hate the clans then i actually feel sorry for them. Neutrals from North armagh wearing the colours of a south Armagh team, never seen the likes of it.

They did well to get a piece of clothing with our colours! Landsdowne rugby men?!

lurganblue

I too noticed a tones tube wearing cullyhanna colours. Aren't abbey colours the same? Possibly one of those tops?

Anyway, fair play to st pats. Thought they played well, particularly their half forward line. Deserved winners. I never saw a clans team give so much ball away. I thought at times Jimmy McKee was keeping the clans in it...

TacadoirArdMhacha

Senior Football Championship: St Patrick's 1-16 Clan na Gael 0-9

St Patrick's opened their championship campaign at a sun drenched Abbey Park on Sunday afternoon when they faced Clan na Gael in a much anticipated fixture. Although Cullyhanna had won comfortably in the League meeting between the sides, a much tighter affair was expected for this clash. The game began in a nip and tuck fashion with the sides exchanging pointed frees, Eugene Casey on the scoreboard for St Pat's. A great Clans point under pressure was then cancelled out by a brilliant Barry McConville long range effort from almost 45 metres. Clans edged into the lead again with a free before the match reached its first crucial juncture when Conor O'Neill produced a superb double save to prevent his side going four points behind. Having been rescued by the goalkeeper, the Cullyhanna side sprang into life with Tony Donnelly kicking an excellent point from a short Robbie Tasker "45". Shane McKeever then added two pointed frees to put Cullyhanna in front for the first time, a lead they were never to relinquish. St Pat's went further ahead when a searching Ciaran McKeever kick found Robbie Tasker, he passed to Eugene Casey who kicked a good point under pressure. Cullyhanna then produced the score of the game with an excellent move down the left hand touchline involving Barry McConville and Eugene which resulted in Paudie McCreesh kicking a great score from a tight angle.

By this stage St Pat's were lording matters in the middle of the park thanks to their midfield duo of Barry McConville and Tony Donnelly as well as some great work from Shane McKeever and Paudie McCreesh who won a terrific amount of possession in that sector. Robbie Tasker got his name on the scoreline before a majestic kick from Barry McConville put his side 6 points in front. Shane McKeever added another score before the break with a Clan na Gael pointed free their sole reply. At half-time St Pat's fully merited their 0-10 to 0-4 lead.

Mal Mackin began to exert his influence on proceedings early in the second half with a fine point from the left hand touchline before Clan na Gael enjoyed their best period of the match as 3 pointed frees in a row brought them within 4 points. That was to be as good as it got for the Lurgan men however as Barry McConville burst through their defence and passed to Mal Mackin who stroked the ball over the bar. A Shane McKeever free and a Ciaran McKeever fisted point restored Cullyhanna's 7 point advantage. Clans replied with a long range point before the match entered a scoreless period. With 11 minutes to go, a Clan na Gael pointed free brought them within five, however the game was ended as a contest when substitute Gary McCooey made a superb catch at midfield. He found Eugene Casey with a good pass who exchanged the ball to Liam O'Hare at pace. Clean through on goal, the centre half forward made no mistake and capped an excellent individual performance by firing the ball to the net. Points from Mal Mackin and Shane McKeever followed as St Pat's ran out comfortable victors.

This was a Cullyhanna performance with which it was difficult to find fault. Having been in fairly indifferent form over the past fortnight, it was pleasing to note that arguably their most dominant performance of the season was saved for when it really mattered. The victory was a real team effort with St Pat's winning the individual battles throughout the field. While no doubt a stiffer examination will be faced in the quarter-final, if the side can keep continue to perform at this level, they stand every chance of enjoying a good championship run.

Starting XV: C O'Neill; B Savage, S Reel, M Murray; E McArdle; E McArdle, C McKeever (0-1), P McCreesh (0-1); T Donnelly (0-1), B McConville (0-2); A Mackin, L O'Hare (1-0), S McKeever (0-5); E Casey (0-2), M Mackin (0-3) R Tasker (0-1). Subs Used: G McCooey, P Casey

Under 12 Armagh Championship Final: Clann Eireann 4-12 St Patrick's 2-6

The showpiece of the Under 12 season took place on Saturday past when, in a repeat of last year's final, 2008 Champions St Patrick's met the 2009 victors at Poyntzpass. In game played in good conditions, it was Clann Eireann who notched the opening two points, one from play and one from a free. Clann Eireann then extended their lead with an excellent goal as a brilliantly struck shot flew past the St Pat's goalkeeper who was left with no chance. When Clan Eireann added a third point, they seemed well in control however a great run from Paudie Conlon lifted the spirits of the Cullyhanna side. The resultant free was dropped short to Jamie McEvoy who kicked a good score to get St Pat's off the mark. A good point from Jason Duffy followed before Clann Eireann managed another point. By this stage Jason Duffy was beginning to exert some dominance around the midfield sector and was unlucky to see a goal bound shot well saved. The midfielder then found Stephen Keenan who kicked a good point to bring his side within 4 points. However despite dominating the final stages of the half, crucially St Pat's could not muster any further scores and two late Clan Eireann points put them 1-6 to 0-3 ahead at half-time.

Given the pattern of play in the first half, Cullyhanna were quite unfortuntate to be facing a six point deficit at half-time with the economical nature of the Lurgan side's shooting the major difference between the teams. With Cullyhanna needing to hit the ground running in the second half, unfortunately it was Clann Eireann who got the perfect start with a goal in the first minute to extend their lead to 9 points. A Clann Eireann free put them 10 in front however Cullyhanna rallied somewhat with a great long range point from Paudie Conlon and a pointed free from Ross McQuillan. Indeed St Pat's were unlucky to see an instinctive shot from Liam Conlon hit the outside of the post as they pressed hard to cut the Clann Eireann lead. A long range Clann Eireann point followed. With Cullyhanna needing goals, 3 major scores arrived in the space of 5 minutes, unfortunately 2 of them came for Clann Eireann as Kyle McParland's punched effort from a Paudie Conlon shot was sandwiched between two Clann Eireann goals which gave the Lurgan men an unassailable lead. Although the game was effectively over, St Pat's did not give up as Ross McQuillan kicked a superb point with the outside of his foot. After another Clann Eireann point, a Jason Duffy long range shot found the net for a second Cullyhanna goal. However the score was only ever likely to be a consolation as 2 late Clann Eireann points ensured that they ran out worthy victors on a scoreline of Clann Eireann 4-12 St Patrick's 2-6.

While the Cullyhanna will obviously have been disappointed at the defeat, they can take great pride in their efforts to reach this stage for a third season in a row. On the day they were simply beaten by a better team and while all fifteen gave of their best, the midfield diamond of Dermot Savage, Ross McQuillan, Jason Duffy and Stephen Keenan performed particularly admirably. The nature of finals is that one team must be defeated but if this excellent young crop of Cullyhanna players continue their footballing development, there is little doubt they will make a great contribution to football in the club in the coming years.

Starting XV: Paudie McParland; Hugh McMahon, Conor McCombe, Colm Donnelly; Diarmuid Brecknall, Dermot Savage, Emmet Kelly, Jason Duffy (1-1), Ross McQuillan (0-2), Jamie McEvoy (0-1), L Conlon, Paudie Conlon (0-1); Kyle McParland (1-0), Stephen Keenan (0-1), James Toner. Subs Used: Gene McNulty, Dylan Gray

Division 4: Derrynoose 1-16 St Patrick's II 1-3

Having managed to reverse a heavy defeat earlier in the season last week, the Seconds side were hoping to do the same again when they met Derrynoose in Cullyhanna on Sunday afternoon. In a low scoring opening quarter, Derrynoose dominated affairs and managed to kick the first 5 points before St Pat's managed to get a foothold in the match as Paddy McDonnell found Patsy McKeever who kicked a nice score and a fine individual run from Kieran Nugent resulted in a point. Trailing by 4 at the break, Derrynoose got the opening score of the second half, however St Pat's soon replied when Patsy McKeever found Cathal McGlade who slotted the ball to the net. A Patsy McKeever point brought St Pat's within a point but this unfortunately signalled a Cullyhanna collapse as Derrynoose seized control of proceedings, kicking 1-9 without reply to run out comfortable victors. Next up for the Seconds side is a home match against Mullabrack.

1life 1club

your quick on the ball tam.lol

good win for us today,,we wont be getting carried away tho. ;D
full forward son