Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Clans next two games will be interesting, as far as i know they play Mullaghbawn and Killeavy next and two wins for the clans should see them safe but anything less will leave them bang in the middle of a relegation dog fight
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

IVEDECIDED

Next two games is Maghery and Killeavy san! Four points required to put paid to this recent holiday slump!

RealSpiritof98

Can someone confirm this because a pearse og man assured me it was Gospel last night, that all Div 1 and top 4 Div2 this year will contest the senior championship next year.

ogshead

Quote from: Carbery on July 26, 2010, 12:21:05 PM
Quote from: thewanderer on July 26, 2010, 08:51:38 AM
Quote from: crossfire on July 25, 2010, 04:12:04 PM
Division 1

Cross beat Ogs 1-14 to 0-9.

8 of Ogs scores came from frees, most of them courtesy of Gary Smith.
and rightly so the frees where well justified, think cross got a few too.. Ogs missing a big core of their team but improved in the second half. If they had of taken their goal chance when 4 in it and two badly missed frees it could have been interesting. Cross played well in the first half with the breeze but it should be interesting later on in the year. Have to say i never heard as big a mouth or abuse coming from an inter-county manager as i heard yesterday. Cross will be hard to beat but and i think they should be very confident of reclaiming the fegan cup?

Who was the inter-county manager?

Going on past experience, it wouldn't be too hard to hazard a guess!!

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on July 26, 2010, 05:14:06 PM
Can someone confirm this because a pearse og man assured me it was Gospel last night, that all Div 1 and top 4 Div2 this year will contest the senior championship next year.

First I have heard of it... if it's true, what would happen if the intermediate champions did not fall within that criteria. Also, I don't think it's fair for teams to be made aware of it half way through the season

teletubby

dont think that  would work not this year any way maybe if its introduced earlier next year.

illdecide

Lads what club is Raymond Watters from and what sort of Ref is he?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Onion Bag

Ballymacnab, and hes a clown,
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

orange2009

IVEDECIDED

Thats the way they run the championship in Down and it works well. To be honest I think its a good idea because some teams are in the senior championship and shouldnt be and others are playing division 1 football but enter the intermediate championship!

charlie stubbs

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on July 27, 2010, 04:30:29 PM
Thats the way they run the championship in Down and it works well. To be honest I think its a good idea because some teams are in the senior championship and shouldnt be and others are playing division 1 football but enter the intermediate championship!

+1 for example clann eireann and newtown or more intermediate sides than culloville and sarsfields

orange2009

Videos as Sarsfield progress through to the Quarter Finals of the Lucozade Sport Intermediate Football Championship

http://armagh-gaa.com/Orchard-TV/News/VIDEO--Sarsfields-overcome-Shane-O-Neill-s.aspx

mrgaa1

Quote from: Onion Bag on July 27, 2010, 08:52:27 AM
He is a good decent referee who does it fairly

mrgaa1

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on July 26, 2010, 05:14:06 PM
Has to be passed as a rule - but I agree.  However there is one issue with this.  I can see teams "throwing" games to ensure they are in a lower championship.  This would only work if they re-introduced some sort of relegation/promotion system that ensured all teams were competitive to the end.  Oh wait - they tried that and useless club delegates voted it out because it didn't happen in their day - average age 73.5 :(

DuffleKing

Quote from: mrgaa1 on July 28, 2010, 11:18:22 AM

Good ref in my humble opinion

Onion Bag

Quote from: DuffleKing on July 28, 2010, 12:22:07 PM
Quote from: mrgaa1 on July 28, 2010, 11:18:22 AM