Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

full back

Quote from: Aghdavoyle on May 01, 2007, 03:38:25 PM
ok....

Does Joe Kernan put his own family and club priorities above those of the county team?

I think you will find you said the above ::)

SuperHans

in 05 McNulty was marking Collie Devlin.i was expecting him to roast enda but didnt happen so ak must of been on eoin bradley as he was in the half forward line that day

Uladh

We're all armagh men lads. much as i disagree with a lot of what joe does it's very disappointing to read this type of stuff on the armagh thread. I think even the most hardened cross man will agree that he has a great belief in the ability of his own club men, sometimes to a fault and that his own lads can benefeit from being joe's son. i'm sure there are times when it does not help them to be the managers son. That said, its very difficult to believe that Joe Kernan would consciously make a decision for personal reasons which would handicap the strength of the team armagh can put on the field.

TG4

aaron kernan actually won the man of the match award in the ulster semi final v derry in casement in 2005 so he mustnt have got that bad of a roasting

Aghdavoyle

Quote from: Uladh on May 02, 2007, 11:31:14 AM
its very difficult to believe that Joe Kernan would consciously make a decision for personal reasons which would handicap the strength of the team armagh can put on the field.

The subconscious can reveal all

full back

Candyman

ANYWAY>>>
predictions:

ACL – Division I (2.00)
Dromintee v Crossmaglen (Brendan Gorman) Wednesday 11 May (7.30)     
Harps v Pearse Og (Tony Watters) 
Maghery v Whitecross (Stephen Murray) 
Mullaghbawn v Culloville (Gary Smith)

harps2002champs

Quote from: Candyman on May 02, 2007, 12:00:11 PM
ANYWAY>>>
predictions:

ACL – Division I (2.00)
Dromintee v Crossmaglen (Brendan Gorman) Wednesday 11 May (7.30)     cross
Harps v Pearse Og (Tony Watters)                                                        harps
Maghery v Whitecross (Stephen Murray)                                                maghery
Mullaghbawn v Culloville (Gary Smith)                                                     m'bawn

Uladh

One game missing there somewhere candyman?

bennydorano

Clanns are playing someone tonight aren't they? Portydown?

Some interesting fixtures at the weekend, Dromintee v Cross and Harps v Ogs, no county men about so Ogs will be worse off than ourselves, might be enough to sneak it for us, it certainly wont be for the faint hearted!!!

ard mhaca abu

fancy dromintee to beat cross! cross will be without all the county men and dromintee will have aidan o'rourke too strengthen there side dromintee to shade it!!!

Uladh

Quote from: ard mhaca abu on May 02, 2007, 12:21:37 PM
fancy dromintee to beat cross! cross will be without all the county men and dromintee will have aidan o'rourke too strengthen there side dromintee to shade it!!!

Dromintee v Crossmaglen (Brendan Gorman)                                          cross
Harps v Pearse Og (Tony Watters)                                                        ogs
Maghery v Whitecross (Stephen Murray)                                                maghery
Mullaghbawn v Culloville (Gary Smith)                                                     m'bawn

illdecide

Clans v Portadown tonight @7 in Davitt Park (can't remember who the ref is)

I will update you in the morning about the game, hope them Portadown lads don't start fighting again like they did against Dromintee :D :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Spiritof98

Quote from: bennydorano on May 02, 2007, 12:19:13 PM
Clanns are playing someone tonight aren't they? Portydown?

Some interesting fixtures at the weekend, Dromintee v Cross and Harps v Ogs, no county men about so Ogs will be worse off than ourselves, might be enough to sneak it for us, it certainly wont be for the faint hearted!!!

Tried my best to get on the Harps at the weekend in Raffertys, no-one would take my bet, I even gave 3 points, turns out half the pigs are on a stag weekend and cant ask for the movement of the game cuz they judas'd us 2 years ago.
I'll go back if Marsdens back

winsamsoon

I wouldn't be the biggest fan of Kernans selection programme, but lets be honest the selection of players in Armagh over the past decades have always been flawed. Players have been selected by name, repution of their father or sometimes granda, placement, college or even club. So tell me in what way is Joe Kernan changing this sysytem by selecting his sons. Ak Is good enough for senior football at county level but he is played out of position. If you can't admit that the lad has talent then it is just boiling down to jealousy. We could all sit here and name five other players that should be on the armagh squad. We had also players on the national league team that were only selected because of name ie moriaty, mc creesh ( there is definetly better players in the county). This tends to be overlooked and the focus put on the kernans. So i ain't saying it is right but it has always went on and won't change in the near future.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.