Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Quote from: davo on June 21, 2010, 11:27:04 AM
ogs v sarsfields game was entertaining enough. referee was 45 mins late, sarsfields were 3 nil up after 10 minutes then ogs went up a gear and went in at half time 8 3 up. sarsfields rallied and there was a scramble in ogs defence. sarsfield umpire said the ball crossed the line and ref gave a goal. even the sarsfields players acknowledged that it didnt cross the line. that left the sides level. ogs went up the pitch and notched up another 2 scores and then sarsfields scored another scrappy goal which looked to be a square ball. one umpire said it was the other said it wasnt. goal was given. ogs were missing a lot of players but should have won the game.

Who was the ref Davo
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

fitzroyalty

Seamus O'Neill...few hometown decisions given alright

wats that 4 ref

good 2 see the north armagh teams holding their own in div 1 long may it continue  ;)

torres

Quote from: Onion Bag on June 21, 2010, 09:23:48 AM
Quote from: JUst retired on June 21, 2010, 06:56:41 AM
Exactly correct,imagine giving you a penalty in the last minute, and then making you miss it!!!! ;D

:D :D :D
yeah yeah , the same ref would  probably  had it retaken if we had,ve scored  ;)

thewanderer

torres lookin dodgy for promotion now, you s seem to have went back from last years position. bridge and the harps seem to have moved into the reckoning big time but all 3 teams seem to be throwing away big leads and losing alot of games. it should be an interesting 2nd half to the season. the tullysarren hype seems to be losing momentum in division 3.

border rabbit

Wouldnt rule out Granmemore, if Armagh get knocked out theyl have big Toner back in. Also the Nab have McCone  back playing so will take a bit of beating. Altho Harps seem to be getting injured players back and throw in Vernon and Swift and theyl def make a late push. Newtown had good start but have fallen away too. Pick between Peters/Keady/B'hegan to go down

Whats this about Tullysarron hype? Surely theres hype about them evry year and never ever deliver, altho i believe young Comiskey is carrying them in alot of matches, if hes fit theyl could take Junior and push for promotion but I'll not hold my breath, i tip them most years and they falter at some stage!

Any more updates on young Nugent?

thewanderer

border i think that st peters and bhegan are certs to go down, keady will get their customary results like madden last sunday to survive. the hype refers to their reports in the local papers when after a win you would think they where county champions ( but no report on the bad results a bit like another club i know) and also they have recruited a high profile manager this year and expect success. Nab are certs for promotion but i wouldn't rule out the bridge for a close call with gmore and the harps.

BNAB10

Quote from: torres on June 21, 2010, 10:15:01 PM
Quote from: Onion Bag on June 21, 2010, 09:23:48 AM
Quote from: JUst retired on June 21, 2010, 06:56:41 AM
Exactly correct,imagine giving you a penalty in the last minute, and then making you miss it!!!! ;D

:D :D :D
yeah yeah , the same ref would  probably  had it retaken if we had,ve scored  ;)
tony o'hare is down as an ogs ref, and often refereed our underage games, a lot of the time very harsh against us. sour grapes torres. use should have had the game wrapped up with 15 mins left

thewanderer

tony is one of the better referees about. one thing for sure he does not side for teams unlike some of our lurgan referees ps o,neill at sarsfields on sunday even the trasna men wer bemused.

Sam of the Sarsfields

Quote from: thewanderer on June 22, 2010, 08:59:34 AM
torres lookin dodgy for promotion now, you s seem to have went back from last years position. bridge and the harps seem to have moved into the reckoning big time but all 3 teams seem to be throwing away big leads and losing alot of games. it should be an interesting 2nd half to the season. the tullysarren hype seems to be losing momentum in division 3.

Seems to be correct.

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: thewanderer on June 22, 2010, 12:57:44 PM
border i think that st peters and bhegan are certs to go down, keady will get their customary results like madden last sunday to survive. the hype refers to their reports in the local papers when after a win you would think they where county champions ( but no report on the bad results a bit like another club i know) and also they have recruited a high profile manager this year and expect success. Nab are certs for promotion but i wouldn't rule out the bridge for a close call with gmore and the harps.

I think you had Ballyhegan as certs last year to go down...  ::)

illdecide

Quote from: thewanderer on June 23, 2010, 08:44:17 AM
tony is one of the better referees about. one thing for sure he does not side for teams unlike some of our lurgan referees ps o,neill at sarsfields on sunday even the trasna men wer bemused.

It's funny how that works wanderer as the North Armagh clubs all think the South Armagh ref's give them the raw deal and there's a lot more of them ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

el_cuervo_fc

Pearse Ogs beat Mullaghbawn 11 - 7 tonight in the B championship

winsamsoon

Clans beat sarsfields in the b's by 2
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

TacadoirArdMhacha

St Patrick's 2-13 Maghery 1-14 after extra time in the B Championship. Great tough exciting game of football with a fair bit of controversy thrown in for good measure. Our lads showed amazing courage and determination to fight back with 14 men after a very strange sending off in the first half. Thoroughly enjoyable game of football.

As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead