Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewanderer

Quote from: Final Whistle on June 17, 2010, 12:20:53 PM
Quote from: thewanderer on June 17, 2010, 12:00:34 PM
Quote from: Final Whistle on June 17, 2010, 11:53:38 AM
if he went toe to toe i dont see it classed as a complete dirty act.
you clown it was a complete act of thuggery. now go to your club and get them to name and shame

??? ??? Ok wanderer, I'll go to MY club in a different county and ask them who did it! Where do you think i hail from?? I understand it was a dirty act, he hit him from behind. What i'm saying is if the injuries sustained by Nugent were of the result of a toe to toe smigging match then it would not be categorised as a dirty act. Simple as.
why do you think i mentioned it, monaghan county and culloville are very close and seem to accept similar behavior and i know theres a bit of cross over of players too. at least you now accept it was a dirty act.

Final Whistle

Quote from: thewanderer on June 17, 2010, 03:38:07 PM
you clown it was a complete act of thuggery. now go to your club and get them to name and shame

??? ??? Ok wanderer, I'll go to MY club in a different county and ask them who did it! Where do you think i hail from?? I understand it was a dirty act, he hit him from behind. What i'm saying is if the injuries sustained by Nugent were of the result of a toe to toe smigging match then it would not be categorised as a dirty act. Simple as.
why do you think i mentioned it, monaghan county and culloville are very close and seem to accept similar behavior and i know theres a bit of cross over of players too. at least you now accept it was a dirty act.

Ah wanderer you have me caught out, sure why didnt you say you knew I was a Monaghan man???
Have you a bit of nervous disposition concerning the free state men after the dribbing they gave you this year???

Remember this;

Quote from: Final Whistle on June 17, 2010, 12:33:29 PM
Quote from: thewanderer on May 21, 2010, 10:16:42 AM
dessie is a kn**ker on the football field but i hope he plays this year as he will be put to the sword by stevie ;)

You Clown!!! ;) ;) ;)

Clown!!! Some sword Stevie had!!! ;) :D ;)

Armaghgeddon

Quote from: AFS on June 17, 2010, 03:32:47 PM
Quote from: Armaghgeddon on June 17, 2010, 03:21:49 PM
Impose a 3-5 year ban on the club if they don't hand over the culprit. A season's ban dosen't seem sufficient, especially after reading about what they have been upto this season. Teams that play against culloville will be on their guard looking out for foul play which by the sounds of it there will be and it will spark off yet another fight and tarnishing the reputation of the decent clubs.

Bit over the top. That would kill the club.

With the things they seem to be getting away with a heft ban should be imposed. Would a year's ban really be sufficient?

If not a lengthy ban, a compensation fine should be imposed for the reputation done to the county and to the player.

Sam of the Sarsfields

Quote from: Armaghgeddon on June 17, 2010, 03:58:26 PM
Quote from: AFS on June 17, 2010, 03:32:47 PM
Quote from: Armaghgeddon on June 17, 2010, 03:21:49 PM
Impose a 3-5 year ban on the club if they don't hand over the culprit. A season's ban dosen't seem sufficient, especially after reading about what they have been upto this season. Teams that play against culloville will be on their guard looking out for foul play which by the sounds of it there will be and it will spark off yet another fight and tarnishing the reputation of the decent clubs.

Bit over the top. That would kill the club.

With the things they seem to be getting away with a heft ban should be imposed. Would a year's ban really be sufficient?

If not a lengthy ban, a compensation fine should be imposed for the reputation done to the county and to the player.

I agree. I'm not saying every club in Armagh is always on their best behaviour except Cullaville, there are others who's behaviour sometimes borders on unnacceptable but in my experience Cullaville have consistently been a cut above the rest.

I think the county as a whole needs to take a firm hand with them now to ensure this thuggery is stamped out and needs to set a precedent, not just for Cullaville, but for other clubs too. 3-5 years is going a little far but I think 2 full years after this season would be fair.

mackers

Quote from: Final Whistle on June 17, 2010, 03:45:27 PM
Quote from: thewanderer on June 17, 2010, 03:38:07 PM

Ah wanderer you have me caught out, sure why didnt you say you knew I was a Monaghan man???
Have you a bit of nervous disposition concerning the free state men after the dribbing they gave you this year???

Remember this;

Quote from: Final Whistle on June 17, 2010, 12:33:29 PM
Quote from: thewanderer on May 21, 2010, 10:16:42 AM
dessie is a kn**ker on the football field but i hope he plays this year as he will be put to the sword by stevie ;)

You Clown!!! ;) ;) ;)

Clown!!! Some sword Stevie had!!! ;) :D ;)
What are you raving about?? Dessie Mone getting hauled off after 20 mins was down to the fact that Stevie had given him a light head. One of the few things that Armagh supporters could smile about that day.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

JUst retired

Reference the melee in the Cullaville game, that was because of the incident but was quickly stopped after about 30 secs. the player who was assualted never moved for 30 mins from where he fell. Cullaville club are trying to shift blame away from their player as they would. I was at the game and saw what happened. Incidents like this are a sad day for the GAA and Armagh in particular.

Abble

Quote from: JUst retired on June 17, 2010, 10:06:06 PM
Cullaville club are trying to shift blame away from their player as they would. I was at the game and saw what happened. Incidents like this are a sad day for the GAA and Armagh in particular.

i refer you to my previous post...

Quote from: Abble on June 16, 2010, 08:10:55 AM
dirty yellow tramps like this who think they're hard men by hitting someone from behind in this fashion need locking up. nugent will be in for a tough time of it both physically and mentally as there will now be court proceedings to go through and no doubt the cullaville club will be backing their man up to the hilt !

these lies are only the start of it. i've seen it once too often where the offending club will now have some of its more so-called respected members called in to action to come out and cover up the truth, instead trying to twist things around to protect their man. they will be told the lies to come out with and everyone then sticks to their story throughout. this is the reality, which is why this boy i feel needs to do his time.

Onion Bag

Nab beat the tones last night in the league by 3 points last nite,

unfortunetly i didnt get to it but by all accounts the Nab were very lucky to get a win,
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

fitzroyalty

Someone pm me the name of the culloville suspect!

winsamsoon

When you get it sann do likewise
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

crossfire

Division 4

Cross drew with Killeen.

charlie stubbs

heard stefan campbell and x2 others called up to panel?has anyone heard anything?

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: crossfire on June 19, 2010, 11:37:35 AM
Division 4

Cross drew with Killeen.

Big surprise. What happened there? Cross missing players?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on June 19, 2010, 02:27:05 PM
Division 4

Cross drew with Killeen.

I see Rico Kelly was playing.  Is he not with the first team anymore?

pearseog

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on June 19, 2010, 04:57:54 PM
Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on June 19, 2010, 02:27:05 PM
Division 4

Cross drew with Killeen.

I see Rico Kelly was playing.  Is he not with the first team anymore?

whats the craic there anyway? do they name seperate squads or is it along the same lines as the B's?