Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Final Whistle

Quote from: thewanderer on May 21, 2010, 10:16:42 AM
dessie is a kn**ker on the football field but i hope he plays this year as he will be put to the sword by stevie ;)

You Clown!!! ;) ;) ;)

IVEDECIDED

You can understand the confusion here though tin whistle - your language seemed to be brushing over the seriousness of the incident and suggesting that these injuries would be ok so long as the punch wasnt from behind.

Final Whistle

Its not the injuries that make this action so terrible. Its the fact that he was cleaned from behind. If it happened face to face would there be the same furore?

fitzroyalty

Quote from: Final Whistle on June 17, 2010, 12:45:17 PM
Its not the injuries that make this action so terrible. Its the fact that he was cleaned from behind. If it happened face to face would there be the same furore?
Yes. The fella is mangled ffs. Rumour he's been advised not to play again though i think that's exaggerated.

yellowcard

Despicable, sickening act this. The onus for now is on Culloville as a club. Do they:

(a) Protect their own member knowing full well who struck the blow (and everyone within Culloville will have known who done it by now)
or (b) Ban the member from their club and hand his name over to the county board.

If the individual in question had any semblance of remorse he would take it in his own hands to choose option (b).

Culloville have the option to do the decent thing or their reputation will be forever tarnished by this horrible act.

If they don't, then the punishment should be immediate expulsion from all League and championship activity for the remainder of the year.

illdecide

Quote from: yellowcard on June 17, 2010, 12:58:57 PM
Despicable, sickening act this. The onus for now is on Culloville as a club. Do they:

(a) Protect their own member knowing full well who struck the blow (and everyone within Culloville will have known who done it by now)
or (b) Ban the member from their club and hand his name over to the county board.

If the individual in question had any semblance of remorse he would take it in his own hands to choose option (b).

Culloville have the option to do the decent thing or their reputation will be forever tarnished by this horrible act.

If they don't, then the punishment should be immediate expulsion from all League and championship activity for the remainder of the year.

Correct
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Sam of the Sarsfields

Quote from: illdecide on June 17, 2010, 02:25:10 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on June 17, 2010, 12:58:57 PM

Correct

Lads, if you think Cullaville are going to hand this man over to the relevant people then you have another thing coming.

There's no way they would hang one of their own out to dry no matter what he did. If they did hand him over it would be the height of hypocracy since it is the club as a whole who have bred and nurtured this sort of behaviour.

Thuggery is taught to kids at U10 level at this club. We have already witnessed Cullaville being involved in several acts of despicable behaviour this season alone. It was only a matter of time before someone got seriously hurt and they are now reaping what they've sown.

The club as a whole needs to be hit with severe punishment as well as the culprit.

DennistheMenace

Nearly an identical case to that of Conway/Kielt in Derry last year but with worse injuries to the young lad.

Hope he recovers fully.

Harold Disgracey

I see Culloville released a statement to the Irish News stating that the injury occurred during a melée in which a number of players from both clubs were involved.

Sam of the Sarsfields

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on June 17, 2010, 02:57:02 PM
I see Culloville released a statement to the Irish News stating that the injury occurred during a melée in which a number of players from both clubs were involved.

I rest my case.

DennistheMenace

Surely there were witnesses though ?

hound of ulster

Quote from: Sam of the Sarsfields on June 17, 2010, 02:58:19 PM
Quote from: Harold Disgracey on June 17, 2010, 02:57:02 PM

I rest my case.
read that myself,was the first time a melle was mentioned on this unsavoury subject,i hope the player and culloville get the punishment this act deserves and look forward till the day young nugent is happy to play football again,because his injuries will heal but whether we have lost a good young prospect time will tell,i hope not and i wish him a speedy recovery.

fitzroyalty

Sam of Sarsfieds is 100% correct, Culloville are hardly going to hand their man over and anyone who knows what they're like down there could have have told you that. I'm confident though that the culprit will be caught, there is no way the CCC will let this go after the wide publicity it has received, and rightfully so. 4 months before the fella can even eat? As for the culprit, I'm sure whatever the outcome he might want to take a break from football himself, would not be surprised in the slightest if he was to be in for some 'special attention' when playing other clubs.

Armaghgeddon

Impose a 3-5 year ban on the club if they don't hand over the culprit. A season's ban dosen't seem sufficient, especially after reading about what they have been upto this season. Teams that play against culloville will be on their guard looking out for foul play which by the sounds of it there will be and it will spark off yet another fight and tarnishing the reputation of the decent clubs.

AFS

Quote from: Armaghgeddon on June 17, 2010, 03:21:49 PM
Impose a 3-5 year ban on the club if they don't hand over the culprit. A season's ban dosen't seem sufficient, especially after reading about what they have been upto this season. Teams that play against culloville will be on their guard looking out for foul play which by the sounds of it there will be and it will spark off yet another fight and tarnishing the reputation of the decent clubs.

Bit over the top. That would kill the club.