Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigfrankt

Just on a side note. The cops are involved here, its not up to the young lad in this case. A criminal investigation will now take place once this made the papers and radio etc.

There will then be the possibility of a civil case where he can choose to sue the lad who carried out this cowardly attack (and he should)

Hope for a full and speedy recovery.

Frank

Tony Baloney

Any official word from Culloville?

The tr**p swingin the fists shouldn't be allowed across the line for many a long year. Quite right to get the polis involved too. This was no retaliatory dig.

armagh leg-end

would just like to wish young nugent all the best and hopefully we will see him back playing football soon!
Ard Mhacha Abu

stew

Quote from: bennydorano on June 16, 2010, 12:25:12 PM
I hope the Cullaville man gets cleaned in court, it's the only way boys & clubs like that are going to learn, a slap on the wrist form the County board does f**k all.

Clubs like Cullaville and Clady need manners put on them, they have been at shite like this for many years and I couldnt agree more with Benny.

I once got nailed by a lad and it hurt a lot, I got up and head butted him and to this day I am ashamed of myself for that attack, I knocked him out cold and thought I had killed him, I never hit anybody on the field after that and I felt like a real sc**bag for ages. There is no need for that sort of shite ever.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Armaghgeddon

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on June 16, 2010, 01:55:49 PM
Bollocks! One punch broke a lads jaw, cheekbone, dislodged his lower jaw, smashed out all his lower teeth and tore his entire gum such that he cant eat solid foods for 4 months!! Wise up man!! Of course it wasnt a single blow...

1 punch can cause that damage.

Candyman

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on June 16, 2010, 01:55:49 PM
Bollocks! One punch broke a lads jaw, cheekbone, dislodged his lower jaw, smashed out all his lower teeth and tore his entire gum such that he cant eat solid foods for 4 months!! Wise up man!! Of course it wasnt a single blow...
Just on the above quote... If someone isn't expecting the punch it can cause severe damage. The body is more relaxed etc and not ready for such impact. If he was ready for the punch or knew it was coming he would been more able to take it.

I've had a few clippings in my time (as a few on here can confirm  :D) but always knew the punch etc was coming. On one occasion a few years ago while playing ball I was struck from behind and it broke my jaw... The point im trying to make is that I wasn't ready for it, yet still managed to break my Jaw while much harder punches i've received didn't do as much damage as I knew they were coming...

All in all there is no doubt that 1 solid connection may well have caused such sickening injuries and unless you were there and witnessed it there is no point speculating!!

Best wishes and a speedy recovery to the young lad....

charlie stubbs

Quote from: true on June 14, 2010, 11:43:56 PM
i see Nab v Tones set for Thursday night anybody know why?

not sure why it was changed.  please note game is  now 7.45 throw in not 7.30

IVEDECIDED

Just saw the report on UTV - Shocking!!

And to the lads above I know one punch can cause a severe amount of damage but think about it for a second - his cheekbone, chin and both parts of his jaw as well as all lower teeth displaced. How could you possibly aim one single punch to do all that???

Armaghgeddon

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on June 16, 2010, 06:21:33 PM
Just saw the report on UTV - Shocking!!

And to the lads above I know one punch can cause a severe amount of damage but think about it for a second - his cheekbone, chin and both parts of his jaw as well as all lower teeth displaced. How could you possibly aim one single punch to do all that???

If a single blow can kill someone, a single blow can cause this amount of damage. If the culprit took swinging punch and connected through the middle knuckle on the lower point of the cheek, it can fracture it. The bottom of the fist would cause the damage to the teeth, gum, jaw and chin. Even an uppercut the the jaw could cause such damage through impact. Not to forget when hitting the ground he could have suffered one or two injuries.

Also, best wishes to Kevin Nugent.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on June 16, 2010, 05:42:59 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 16, 2010, 05:20:33 PM
Any official word from Culloville?

The tr**p swingin the fists shouldn't be allowed across the line for many a long year. Quite right to get the polis involved too. This was no retaliatory dig.

A couple of days ago I suggested a certain lad might have been involved. He wasn't and I apologise for the 3rd time for naming him in the wrong. However the folk in Culloville still seem to be more intent on trying to find out Dougal Maguire's identity rather than reveal the identity of the culprit.

I wish to point out, therefore, that those of you think you know who Dougal is, think again.
It's now 5.40, I've just driven past Camlough Lake and I saw the guy who some of you are assuming is Dougal, swimming in the lake. He can't be 2 places at once. I admit I'm a personal friend of the person in question, but I'm not him and there are at least 3 people on the Board who can confirm this, Shamrock Short, Fear ar Strath Ban and The Mighty Quinn as they know my true identity. I can also reveal that he's mortified with me for posting the name of a person who wasn't involved and I apologise to him for that

You'd think people in Culloville would have more to think about  :-\
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

wats that 4 ref

just 2 clear up about was it a punch r wat yes it was the lad was standing facing up the field and the cullaville no 19 only on a few mins as a sub had run across and struck him side on. the jaw broke at place of impact,broke at his other side around the ear area because of the force of the punch, and part of his chin bone broke at went through his gum makin the teeth to dislodge. yes 1 punch did this

ogshead

I think it's been a sad week for Armagh over the incident at the weekend. What's even more sad is that Culloville people are spending more time trying to find out who Dougal Maguire is  :( They should get their own house in order first

Back to football matters though and Pearse Og beat Carrickcruppin tonight on a score line of 2-15 to 1-9. Wasn't at the match so can't comment on it as I was at the B game which the Ogs won as well against An Port Mor

illdecide

Clans B team beat St Peters tonight in a very high scoring game (this is a guess at the score line Clans 4-12 St Peters 3-08).

On the Culloville issue...why are they trying to find out who Dougal Maguire is? what are they going to do if/when they find out...break his jaw too. The best thing they should be doing is handing the guilty lad over to the County Board and whatever other people who may need to speak to him.

Dougal i dunno about you but i wouldn't be getting to worried about it, you named a guy (so what) and almost straight away apologised for it (3 times now) tell them to f**k off. Well that what I'd be telling them
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

TacadoirArdMhacha

If somebody had accused you or one of your close friends or family of smashing a young fella's face to bits, would you not want to know who they were?

That said, Dougal has apologised and withdrawn the comments so that should be an end to it. The incident only highlights the dangers of websites such as this though.

And again, its worth emphasising that whatever the rights and wrongs of anything discussed on here, the most important issue is the wellbeing of Kevin Nugent.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on June 17, 2010, 01:58:14 AM
Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on June 17, 2010, 12:21:40 AM
If somebody had accused you or one of your close friends or family of smashing a young fella's face to bits, would you not want to know who they were?

If someone smashed a young fella's face to bits would you not want to know who they were?

Of course. What's your point?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead