Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alco Pup

[/quote]

It should go further than the County Board.
[/quote]

Totally agree.  Its expected that players will pick up the odd injury at matches, but thats unreal.  There cannot possibly be any way that it can be excused or condoned.
Why did the referee not do something about it once the lad was with the paramedics?

The player responsible should never be allowed to grace gaa grounds again.  He is guilty of ABH - if this had happened anywhere other than a football ground, he would have spent the night locked up.

illdecide

If I'm totally honest about the whole incident, if that lad was my son I'd be in Cullaville waiting on that thug and give him a taste of his won medicine. I know thats not the right way to approach it but he'll prob get away Scot free and more than likely bumming and blowing to his mates for doing it...Still can't believe the Maghery men let that tr**p out, they should have beaten him senseless or at the very least restrained him and taken him to the cop-shop but he shouldn't have been allowed to get away out of that ground.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

pearseog

lowest of the low! the lads only 19 and he still had to hit him from behind! f**kin thug! should be suspended for life and i hope maghery or nugent sue the ****! i know we dont want to see fights breaking out in our game but this is one of these incidents where the coward should have been beat senseless! fair play to the maghery lads for not reacting and putting young nugent first!

nrico2006

Quote from: illdecide on June 15, 2010, 10:14:01 AM
If I'm totally honest about the whole incident, if that lad was my son I'd be in Cullaville waiting on that thug and give him a taste of his won medicine. I know thats not the right way to approach it but he'll prob get away Scot free and more than likely bumming and blowing to his mates for doing it...Still can't believe the Maghery men let that tr**p out, they should have beaten him senseless or at the very least restrained him and taken him to the cop-shop but he shouldn't have been allowed to get away out of that ground.

Well said, I really hope the culprit is shopped to the peelers, fed up with tr**ps thinking that they can do what they want on a pitch and face no consequences bar the odd suspension. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Aghdavoyle

To be fair to the ref, he likely didn't see it and what can he then do?

IVEDECIDED

They can do whatever they like - sure they do in open play!!

crossroads

any club that goes down to maghery there is always a row they must hasve forgot what happened to whitecross last year when they went down there

Throw ball

Quote from: crossroads on June 15, 2010, 01:04:50 PM
any club that goes down to maghery there is always a row they must hasve forgot what happened to whitecross last year when they went down there

I would think that is irrelevant to the situation were a young fella gets on seriously hurt. Hope he recovers well.

winsamsoon

Quote from: crossroads on June 15, 2010, 01:04:50 PM

So what are you trying to say then that it is Magherys fault one of their lads got a horific doing from a culloville player? Wise up will you ffs.

I have played against Maghery all my life and they were always hard and fair games. You may have got in the odd scuffle but there was certainly nothing of this nature especially on a lad of 19 who has a slight build like the lad in question.

This thing must be punished severly because a clear message has to be sent out that this is not acceptable. Incidents like this if permitted could ruin the game entirely. A firm hand must be used by the county board and this is the perfect opportunity to do so with this club. This is only one of their incidents, this could easily have happened three or four times this year to teams playing against culloville.

So crossroads i suggest you question the thuggery on behalf of Culloville and leave Maghery out of it, as it is clear they were the innocent party on this.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Its amazing how certain some people can be about the rights and wrongs of an incident they never saw.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

IVEDECIDED

I agree Maghery can be less than gentlemanly when they play at home and Im sure they have been at fault for many of the rows that have taken place there however that doesnt even come close to justifying the treatment of this lad.

Lets for arguments sake say he did start it and lets say his behaviour was questionnable - does that mean he deserved the horific injuries he sustained???

Theres lots of hitting off the ball etc in football its a part of the game!! That doesnt give some hillbilly thug a licence to do whatever the f**k he wants. That might be normal behaviour in the lawless hole hes from - but it has no place on a football field whether its in Maghery or f**king afghanistan!!

fitzroyalty

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on June 15, 2010, 02:00:19 PM
Its amazing how certain some people can be about the rights and wrongs of an incident they never saw.
All due respect but when a fella just out of minor has to be rushed to hospital for surgery it doesn't take a genius to figure out who was in the wrong. Simply put there is absolutely no justification for that on a football field, regardless of any provocation that may have been directed at the perpetrator. It was assault plain and simple. I didn't have to be in Maghery on Sunday to condone this and neither did anyone else who has commented on it. If that happened on the street he'd do time. I understand Nugent was due to fly off on holidays, instead he's lying in Dundonald sucking food through a straw.

IVEDECIDED

Its also unsuprising that relative sympathy for this thug comes from a cullyhanna man. Yourselves and culloville should form MMA clubs instead of GAA clubs.

armaghniac

QuoteAll due respect but when a fella just out of minor has to be rushed to hospital for surgery it doesn't take a genius to figure out who was in the wrong.

A player could be hospitalised from a legal tackle or simple misfortune. John Toal is a good example.
If there was assault here then it needs to be dealt with, but you cannot conclude without having seen it.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

fitzroyalty

Quote from: armaghniac on June 15, 2010, 03:02:10 PM
QuoteAll due respect but when a fella just out of minor has to be rushed to hospital for surgery it doesn't take a genius to figure out who was in the wrong.

A player could be hospitalised from a legal tackle or simple misfortune. John Toal is a good example.
If there was assault here then it needs to be dealt with, but you cannot conclude without having seen it.
I am well aware of that...Do you think there is some conspiracy going on? Unless the people at the match aswell as the people from Maghery that I have spoken to are all complete liars then I can conclude that there was something very unsavoury about this incident.